Could someone please help me out with our proposed 8 day itinerary in southwest Ireland! We have 4 days planned at the end in Dublin so that is not included below. I am just curious as to whether we are better off staying longer in some places - and then which places to keep and which to skip - and if it is reasonable to drive the amount planned each day or if this is too aggressive. I was thinking this itinerary would avoid retravelling roads we've already been on - sort of doing a loop - but it might also be nice to unpack for more than one night at a time. Here is the plan:
Day 1 - fly into Dublin, rent car and drive to Kilkenny for the night. Langton House booked but open to suggestions...
Day 2 - drive to Kinsale, stay the night. Hotel/B&B suggestions?
Day 3 - drive to Dingle, stay the night. B&B booked.
Day 4 - drive to Tralee, stay at Ballyseede Castle Lodge.
Day 5 - drive to Doolin, stay the night. Hotel/B&B suggestions?
Day 6 - drive to Connemara, stay at Ballynahinch Castle.
Day 7 - no plan; can head to Dublin, or stay somewhere else, or???
Day 8 - drive to Dublin.
Any help and guidance would be sooo appreciated. There are 6 of us travelling together - likely each couple will get their own car - none of us have been before, and we're interested in relaxing in good pubs, with great music and food, and seeing some sights along the way. Thanks in advance!
Best Ireland Trip Ever - help!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 2 Germany -Preliminary Planning 2 weeks in Sept/15
- 3 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 4 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 5 Provence or Provence and Dorgogna
- 6 Western Mediterranean Honeymoon Cruise Leaving from Barcelona
- 7 Austria & Bavaria – A week-long winter getaway
- 8 Mother daughter London/Ireland trip
- 9 Grindelwald vs Lauterbrunnen vs Wengen on November
- 10 Things to do in/around Milan
- 11 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 12 Day Trips from Paris
- 13 Ireland's west coast
- 14 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 15 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 16 South of Switzerland
- 17 9 days; 1or 2 home bases for relaxing, sightseeing and nightlife in Italy
- 18 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 19 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 20 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 21 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 22 Home Base in Belgium
- 23 France and Italy 15 nights. Suggestions welcomed.
- 24 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 25 Rocamaxour