Could someone please help me out with our proposed 8 day itinerary in southwest Ireland! We have 4 days planned at the end in Dublin so that is not included below. I am just curious as to whether we are better off staying longer in some places - and then which places to keep and which to skip - and if it is reasonable to drive the amount planned each day or if this is too aggressive. I was thinking this itinerary would avoid retravelling roads we've already been on - sort of doing a loop - but it might also be nice to unpack for more than one night at a time. Here is the plan:
Day 1 - fly into Dublin, rent car and drive to Kilkenny for the night. Langton House booked but open to suggestions...
Day 2 - drive to Kinsale, stay the night. Hotel/B&B suggestions?
Day 3 - drive to Dingle, stay the night. B&B booked.
Day 4 - drive to Tralee, stay at Ballyseede Castle Lodge.
Day 5 - drive to Doolin, stay the night. Hotel/B&B suggestions?
Day 6 - drive to Connemara, stay at Ballynahinch Castle.
Day 7 - no plan; can head to Dublin, or stay somewhere else, or???
Day 8 - drive to Dublin.
Any help and guidance would be sooo appreciated. There are 6 of us travelling together - likely each couple will get their own car - none of us have been before, and we're interested in relaxing in good pubs, with great music and food, and seeing some sights along the way. Thanks in advance!
Best Ireland Trip Ever - help!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 yk's Trip Report - 11 days of Art Nouveau in Vienna & Budapest Spring 2009
- 2 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 3 Restaurants or Cafes to Recommend in Fontainebleau?
- 4 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 5 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 6 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 7 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 8 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 9 European Trivial Trivia!
- 10 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 11 Eleanor's Pages
- 12 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 13 English ruined castles
- 14 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 15 Mt Titlus Engelberg mountain
- 16 NO use of the Wheeled- Suitcases allowed in Venice!! Fine: 500 Euros!!
- 17 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 18 Dresden restaurant recs: December 2014
- 19 Winter honeymoon - Switzerland? Italian Alps? Other?
- 20 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 21 Luggage sizing
- 22 Scuol, Switzerland
- 23 Moving to Belfast
- 24 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 25 Hotels and locations in Barcelona