I posted previously about feedback for my 10 days in Ireland (thank you for the replies, much appreciated). I've been rethinking some of my initial plans. We are flying into Dublin and leaving from Kerry Airport, with 10 days to visit (or 9, depending on jet lag on the first day).
We were going to spend the first two days in Dublin and then make our way west with a few stops here and there. We are thinking now that after those two days in Dublin, we will drive straight through to Galway to spend a few days.
I'd really like to see the Cliffs of Moher, Dingle, and drive the Beara Peninsula (I removed Rock of Cashel from the itinerary after realizing just how far out of the way it would be for us). We've also decided to try and cut back on the number of hotels we visit to reduce the time spent packing/unpacking, getting to certain hotels.
My question is: After leaving Galway, what is the best area to stay that will be the most "central" to the Cliffs of Moher, Dingle/Beara, I was thinking maybe Ennis? This is just based off of some of the feedback I've read in the forums thus far.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 2 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 3 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 4 Orleans to Amboise on a Sunday
- 5 Late October European trek/hike location suggestions
- 6 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 7 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 8 Where to start Chiantigiana drive from Montepulciano?
- 9 20 free days of Europe
- 10 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 11 CDG international flight
- 12 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 13 12 days europe
- 14 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 15 Budapest on a budget
- 16 Seville in late January
- 17 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 18 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 19 Help family trip Sardinia with 2years old
- 20 3 days to spend in europe
- 21 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 22 Getting to CDG Airport from Le Marais
- 23 RFID Protection
- 24 Beaches in Southern France
- 25 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?