I posted previously about feedback for my 10 days in Ireland (thank you for the replies, much appreciated). I've been rethinking some of my initial plans. We are flying into Dublin and leaving from Kerry Airport, with 10 days to visit (or 9, depending on jet lag on the first day).
We were going to spend the first two days in Dublin and then make our way west with a few stops here and there. We are thinking now that after those two days in Dublin, we will drive straight through to Galway to spend a few days.
I'd really like to see the Cliffs of Moher, Dingle, and drive the Beara Peninsula (I removed Rock of Cashel from the itinerary after realizing just how far out of the way it would be for us). We've also decided to try and cut back on the number of hotels we visit to reduce the time spent packing/unpacking, getting to certain hotels.
My question is: After leaving Galway, what is the best area to stay that will be the most "central" to the Cliffs of Moher, Dingle/Beara, I was thinking maybe Ennis? This is just based off of some of the feedback I've read in the forums thus far.
Best Home Bases for visiting Southwest Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 2 Last few days in Italy -- North of Tuscany -- ideas?
- 3 ATM nonsense: be prepared
- 4 Three Centre Holiday, Italy
- 5 Signal strength of T-Mobile phones in UK, Denmark, & Sweden
- 6 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 7 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 8 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 9 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 10 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 11 A drive in Europe
- 12 TGV from Paris (or Orleans) to Barcelona
- 13 car rental info
- 14 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 15 Rail tickets
- 16 bath or york
- 17 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 18 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 19 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 20 Hotel room/Aptartment Recommendation for 5 in Paris
- 21 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 22 Hotel in Venice
- 23 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 24 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 25 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time