I posted previously about feedback for my 10 days in Ireland (thank you for the replies, much appreciated). I've been rethinking some of my initial plans. We are flying into Dublin and leaving from Kerry Airport, with 10 days to visit (or 9, depending on jet lag on the first day).
We were going to spend the first two days in Dublin and then make our way west with a few stops here and there. We are thinking now that after those two days in Dublin, we will drive straight through to Galway to spend a few days.
I'd really like to see the Cliffs of Moher, Dingle, and drive the Beara Peninsula (I removed Rock of Cashel from the itinerary after realizing just how far out of the way it would be for us). We've also decided to try and cut back on the number of hotels we visit to reduce the time spent packing/unpacking, getting to certain hotels.
My question is: After leaving Galway, what is the best area to stay that will be the most "central" to the Cliffs of Moher, Dingle/Beara, I was thinking maybe Ennis? This is just based off of some of the feedback I've read in the forums thus far.
Best Home Bases for visiting Southwest Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 2 Southern Spain
- 3 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 4 Museums in Berlin
- 5 Combinations euro rail and river cruise
- 6 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 7 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 8 Schengen Visa Rules
- 9 Scotland November 2015
- 10 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 11 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 12 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 13 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 14 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 15 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 16 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 17 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 18 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt
- 19 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 20 5 Observations About Paris
- 21 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 22 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 23 Amsterdam in the early 1980s
- 24 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 25 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne