Husband and I will be driving from Tuscany direction to the Cinque Terre region in late June to stay for 3-4 nights and we would like advice for where to stay with parking options to leave our car, and will give us easy day and night access to the cinque terre.
We are price conscious (prefer less than 130euros/night). Some of the posts here date back to 2001 and im hoping some fodorites would have more recent experiences and updated advice.
For example, some areas that pop up are Portovenere, Lerici, La Spezia or even one of the 5 CT villages have stays with parking options???? does anyone have particular advice on which areas are good? we also value hearing what problems people had (e.g., do the CT boat and train services finish early? don't want to end up stranded on the CT after enjoying a dinner and not being able to get back to our accommodation?). Specific hotel reccommendations also welcome.
Thanks in Advance,
Best home-base to stay (w/a car) to visit cinque terre in late june?
- 1 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 2 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 3 florence hotel
- 4 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 5 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 6 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 7 Getting a Water Taxi during Festa Del Redentore
- 8 Piazza della Liberta -Florence
- 9 Sardinia, Italy
- 10 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 11 Iceland Road trip in May
- 12 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 13 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 14 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 15 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 16 Don't slight Bruges
- 17 Beauty Products in France?!
- 18 Hot Air Balloon crash in Cappadocia kills two, injures twenty-three
- 19 Netherland -> Belgium -> West Germany for 18 days
- 20 What is the best food in France?
- 21 Help me decide between Kas and Kalkan!
- 22 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 23 Renting an apartment in Spain
- 24 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 25 BARCELONA--RENTAL APARTMENT FOR TWO---plus Valencia..