Husband and I will be driving from Tuscany direction to the Cinque Terre region in late June to stay for 3-4 nights and we would like advice for where to stay with parking options to leave our car, and will give us easy day and night access to the cinque terre.
We are price conscious (prefer less than 130euros/night). Some of the posts here date back to 2001 and im hoping some fodorites would have more recent experiences and updated advice.
For example, some areas that pop up are Portovenere, Lerici, La Spezia or even one of the 5 CT villages have stays with parking options???? does anyone have particular advice on which areas are good? we also value hearing what problems people had (e.g., do the CT boat and train services finish early? don't want to end up stranded on the CT after enjoying a dinner and not being able to get back to our accommodation?). Specific hotel reccommendations also welcome.
Thanks in Advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 2 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 3 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 4 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 5 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 6 Hiking in Switzerland
- 7 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 8 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 9 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 10 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 11 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 12 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 13 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 14 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 15 2 days in Lugano area
- 16 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 17 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 18 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 19 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 20 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 21 Help on ancient history route
- 22 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 23 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 24 Train-Dijon/Paris/BruxellesMidi/Bruges
- 25 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
Best home-base to stay (w/a car) to visit cinque terre in late june?