Husband and I will be driving from Tuscany direction to the Cinque Terre region in late June to stay for 3-4 nights and we would like advice for where to stay with parking options to leave our car, and will give us easy day and night access to the cinque terre.
We are price conscious (prefer less than 130euros/night). Some of the posts here date back to 2001 and im hoping some fodorites would have more recent experiences and updated advice.
For example, some areas that pop up are Portovenere, Lerici, La Spezia or even one of the 5 CT villages have stays with parking options???? does anyone have particular advice on which areas are good? we also value hearing what problems people had (e.g., do the CT boat and train services finish early? don't want to end up stranded on the CT after enjoying a dinner and not being able to get back to our accommodation?). Specific hotel reccommendations also welcome.
Thanks in Advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 2 Last minute trip to Capri
- 3 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 4 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 5 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 6 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 7 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 8 Car Rentals in Avignon
- 9 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 10 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 11 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 12 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 13 London Theater
- 14 Salzburg itinerary review
- 15 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 16 Poland to Austria In December
- 17 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 18 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 19 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 20 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 21 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 22 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 23 Private Guide in Lyon
- 24 Norwegian Air?
- 25 Highclare Castle
Best home-base to stay (w/a car) to visit cinque terre in late june?