Husband and I will be driving from Tuscany direction to the Cinque Terre region in late June to stay for 3-4 nights and we would like advice for where to stay with parking options to leave our car, and will give us easy day and night access to the cinque terre.
We are price conscious (prefer less than 130euros/night). Some of the posts here date back to 2001 and im hoping some fodorites would have more recent experiences and updated advice.
For example, some areas that pop up are Portovenere, Lerici, La Spezia or even one of the 5 CT villages have stays with parking options???? does anyone have particular advice on which areas are good? we also value hearing what problems people had (e.g., do the CT boat and train services finish early? don't want to end up stranded on the CT after enjoying a dinner and not being able to get back to our accommodation?). Specific hotel reccommendations also welcome.
Thanks in Advance,
Best home-base to stay (w/a car) to visit cinque terre in late june?
- 1 One week in Norway
- 2 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 3 Vueling - Be Very Careful
- 4 Prague Hotels -Old Town
- 5 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 6 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 7 Who is along for the ride???Still needing help on this INTERESTING trip
- 8 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?
- 9 Paris Transportation- Hotel near Saint Suplice Station to CDG Airport
- 10 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 11 Venice Apartment - Help!
- 12 Christmas Markets - Frankfurt or Copenhagen
- 13 Chech Republic, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro and Slovenia in 3 weeks
- 14 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 15 Driving Through Adriatic Italy
- 16 France Itinerary Help
- 17 pier in Copenhagen
- 18 Time Allotment - Baltic States/Finland & Sweeden
- 19 Paris Ticket t+
- 20 Transportation from Barcelona airport to Li Riberia
- 21 14 days Ireland/Scotland Trip Report
- 22 Best Base on the Rhine for Day Trips
- 23 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 24 PLEASE help - Germany, France,Switzerland,Italy itinerary
- 25 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013