Hoping to get some more great advice from you all! Background- family of 5 with 3 teens (14, 14, 15) visiting Italy in July on a modest budget. Since Italy is filled with history (and I'd like to take a break here and there from looking in my guide book), I am considering booking guided tours--- 1 in each city we are visiting (Venice, Rome, Florence-- we will day trip to Siena, Pisa/Lucca (love the idea about biking the walls), but I'll use my guide book and just enjoy those). I don't think we need a guide for Sorrento/Amalfi (we'll use the SITA bus and figure it out on our own).
So- what's the 1 guided tour you'd recommend we take in these cities (and are there others that are free?)?
Rome- Vatican?? (or the Colossium)? I need to choose one.
Venice- I've read about the Secret tour in the Doges Palace?
Florence- someone mentioned a "free" walk of Florence tour. "Free" (with tip at the end) sounds divine Would love to give my kids a quick history of the Renaissance (my girls will probably study it next year).
If our budget allows-- should we also consider a tour of Pompeii? (or would our guide book suffice?).
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 2 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 3 UK Itinerary Help Please
- 4 2 weeks Europe trip
- 5 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 6 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 7 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 8 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 9 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 10 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 11 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 12 How to pick an apartment in Paris?
- 13 mountain views near London
- 14 12 days in and out of Barcelona-where to go?
- 15 Cordoba Overnight?
- 16 Seville, Cordoba, Ronda, Granada Trip Report
- 17 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 18 Best Indian / Vegetarian restaurant in Athens
- 19 Train/s from Antwerp to Cochem, Germany
- 20 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 21 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 22 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 23 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 24 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 25 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?