Hoping to get some more great advice from you all! Background- family of 5 with 3 teens (14, 14, 15) visiting Italy in July on a modest budget. Since Italy is filled with history (and I'd like to take a break here and there from looking in my guide book), I am considering booking guided tours--- 1 in each city we are visiting (Venice, Rome, Florence-- we will day trip to Siena, Pisa/Lucca (love the idea about biking the walls), but I'll use my guide book and just enjoy those). I don't think we need a guide for Sorrento/Amalfi (we'll use the SITA bus and figure it out on our own).
So- what's the 1 guided tour you'd recommend we take in these cities (and are there others that are free?)?
Rome- Vatican?? (or the Colossium)? I need to choose one.
Venice- I've read about the Secret tour in the Doges Palace?
Florence- someone mentioned a "free" walk of Florence tour. "Free" (with tip at the end) sounds divine Would love to give my kids a quick history of the Renaissance (my girls will probably study it next year).
If our budget allows-- should we also consider a tour of Pompeii? (or would our guide book suffice?).
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
- 2 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 3 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 4 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 5 아시안카지노＼✽【((→ BXT88.ZE。AM ←))】＼슈퍼바카라【슈퍼카지노】
- 6 월드카지노＼✽【((→ BXT88.ZE。AM ←))】＼슈퍼바카라【슈퍼카지노】
- 7 타짜바카라＼✽【((→ BXT88.ZE。AM ←))】＼슈퍼바카라【슈퍼카지노】
- 8 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 9 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 10 Cash machines ATM
- 11 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 12 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 13 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 14 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 15 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 16 Charming areas to explore in London
- 17 Stu Tower
- 18 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 19 YIKES!
- 20 Drive from MXP to Lake Como (Moltrasio)
- 21 travel around Spain
- 22 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 23 Madeira-anyone been recently?
- 24 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 25 Labor Day in Paris