Hoping to get some more great advice from you all! Background- family of 5 with 3 teens (14, 14, 15) visiting Italy in July on a modest budget. Since Italy is filled with history (and I'd like to take a break here and there from looking in my guide book), I am considering booking guided tours--- 1 in each city we are visiting (Venice, Rome, Florence-- we will day trip to Siena, Pisa/Lucca (love the idea about biking the walls), but I'll use my guide book and just enjoy those). I don't think we need a guide for Sorrento/Amalfi (we'll use the SITA bus and figure it out on our own).
So- what's the 1 guided tour you'd recommend we take in these cities (and are there others that are free?)?
Rome- Vatican?? (or the Colossium)? I need to choose one.
Venice- I've read about the Secret tour in the Doges Palace?
Florence- someone mentioned a "free" walk of Florence tour. "Free" (with tip at the end) sounds divine Would love to give my kids a quick history of the Renaissance (my girls will probably study it next year).
If our budget allows-- should we also consider a tour of Pompeii? (or would our guide book suffice?).
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 16 days in France and Italy
- 2 US : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 3 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 4 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 5 One July night in Verona - help!
- 6 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 7 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 9 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 10 European Vacation 2017
- 11 London in September
- 12 Avoid Europcar!
- 13 Paris for children
- 14 Couscous
- 15 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 16 Scotland - We're Here!
- 17 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 18 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 19 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 20 IWM
- 21 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 22 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 23 Guided Vatican Tours
- 24 Apartment/accomodation in Dubrovnik and Split
- 25 Best Masseria in Puglia