someone on this board suggested that we take a look at various English towns: York, Salisbury, Cambridge, Oxford, etc for a day trip out of London.
We have been to Winchester which by the way is a very lovely little town that we love but wish to see something new, so this is out.
We plan to take a train that will take us directly to places without cab ride. We will not reconsider renting a car at all.
We are interested in area with history and charm to explore.
If possible we can spent a morning in one place and afternoon with another on the way back to London. If a city is a "must visit" that takes all day, we are game for just one city to go.
Which place is your favorite and why?
THANKS! I love this forum, so full of info!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona - Tickets to Gaudi sites
- 2 Italy by car
- 3 Barcelona-Valencia- ??? - Barcelona
- 4 Fill 4 or 5 days for me please-Spain
- 5 Driving through the Pyrenees
- 6 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 7 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 8 Going to Denmark, Norway – what is there to see?
- 9 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's
- 10 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 11 Lyon
- 12 Dolomites October 14-18
- 13 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 14 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 15 Traveling into Frankfurt and catching a flight to London
- 16 Le Marche, Italy
- 17 Driving from Tuscany to Positano - recos needed!
- 18 Two Weeks in Normandy/Paris
- 19 Road Trip - Genoa, Italy to Bordeaux, France
- 20 sim card
- 21 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 22 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 23 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
- 24 Is Venice overrated?
- 25 San Sebastian to Cadaques