someone on this board suggested that we take a look at various English towns: York, Salisbury, Cambridge, Oxford, etc for a day trip out of London.
We have been to Winchester which by the way is a very lovely little town that we love but wish to see something new, so this is out.
We plan to take a train that will take us directly to places without cab ride. We will not reconsider renting a car at all.
We are interested in area with history and charm to explore.
If possible we can spent a morning in one place and afternoon with another on the way back to London. If a city is a "must visit" that takes all day, we are game for just one city to go.
Which place is your favorite and why?
THANKS! I love this forum, so full of info!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 2 Southern Croatia and side trips itinerary recommendations
- 3 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 4 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Rouen?
- 5 Paris Skip the Lines deals ...
- 6 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 7 Travel by car from Venice to Croatia
- 8 Day Planning Help Required ..
- 9 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 10 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 11 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 12 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 13 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 14 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 15 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 16 Prague - ATMs and Cash
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 19 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 20 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 21 Am i too dark to visit russia? Picture
- 22 "Never Mind"
- 23 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 24 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 25 Paris with a toddler and a baby