someone on this board suggested that we take a look at various English towns: York, Salisbury, Cambridge, Oxford, etc for a day trip out of London.
We have been to Winchester which by the way is a very lovely little town that we love but wish to see something new, so this is out.
We plan to take a train that will take us directly to places without cab ride. We will not reconsider renting a car at all.
We are interested in area with history and charm to explore.
If possible we can spent a morning in one place and afternoon with another on the way back to London. If a city is a "must visit" that takes all day, we are game for just one city to go.
Which place is your favorite and why?
THANKS! I love this forum, so full of info!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One week in Europe
- 2 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 3 Positano or Sorrento?
- 4 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 5 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 6 Switzerland in September
- 7 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 8 My final Prague itinerary
- 9 Last minute trip to Capri
- 10 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 11 weekend from cologne germany
- 12 Globus Iberian Tour
- 13 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 14 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 15 13 nights in switzerland
- 16 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 17 Earthquake near Naples
- 18 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 19 London Theater
- 20 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 21 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 22 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 23 Driving from Rome to Sicily and back
- 24 Munich itinerary review
- 25 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip