someone on this board suggested that we take a look at various English towns: York, Salisbury, Cambridge, Oxford, etc for a day trip out of London.
We have been to Winchester which by the way is a very lovely little town that we love but wish to see something new, so this is out.
We plan to take a train that will take us directly to places without cab ride. We will not reconsider renting a car at all.
We are interested in area with history and charm to explore.
If possible we can spent a morning in one place and afternoon with another on the way back to London. If a city is a "must visit" that takes all day, we are game for just one city to go.
Which place is your favorite and why?
THANKS! I love this forum, so full of info!
Best English towns to visit for a day out of London?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Feedback regarding Jay Way Travel
- 2 flea markets in France
- 3 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 4 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 5 Madrid apartments
- 6 London neighborhood suggestions
- 7 Two days to spend in northern Spain traveling by car
- 8 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 9 I need a haircut
- 10 What to wear
- 11 Timing a river cruise
- 12 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 13 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 14 We Need a Pact
- 15 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 16 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 17 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 18 Tipping in Greece
- 19 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 20 Honeymooning in Europe
- 21 Southern France
- 22 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 23 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 24 Spain tips beyond safety
- 25 Small group for Colosseum