someone on this board suggested that we take a look at various English towns: York, Salisbury, Cambridge, Oxford, etc for a day trip out of London.
We have been to Winchester which by the way is a very lovely little town that we love but wish to see something new, so this is out.
We plan to take a train that will take us directly to places without cab ride. We will not reconsider renting a car at all.
We are interested in area with history and charm to explore.
If possible we can spent a morning in one place and afternoon with another on the way back to London. If a city is a "must visit" that takes all day, we are game for just one city to go.
Which place is your favorite and why?
THANKS! I love this forum, so full of info!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 2 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 3 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 4 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 5 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 6 European Cooking Secrets
- 7 RHK's Fall escape
- 8 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 9 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 10 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 11 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 12 Verona or Athens?
- 13 Italy or France with a 15 month old in March?
- 14 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 15 Lisbon guided sightseeing tours
- 16 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 17 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 18 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 19 Skiing Village or Small Town near Vienna
- 20 Uwaga : koniec = parking fine
- 21 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 22 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 23 Rome 1st Time - Wish you'd known, tips, unexpected surprises
- 24 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 25 Assisi, Chianti & Inqie Terre-2 wks.