someone on this board suggested that we take a look at various English towns: York, Salisbury, Cambridge, Oxford, etc for a day trip out of London.
We have been to Winchester which by the way is a very lovely little town that we love but wish to see something new, so this is out.
We plan to take a train that will take us directly to places without cab ride. We will not reconsider renting a car at all.
We are interested in area with history and charm to explore.
If possible we can spent a morning in one place and afternoon with another on the way back to London. If a city is a "must visit" that takes all day, we are game for just one city to go.
Which place is your favorite and why?
THANKS! I love this forum, so full of info!
Best English towns to visit for a day out of London?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MXP Best Western to "The Last Supper"
- 2 A1 to A12 vs. A14: Which is the easier drive from Sulmona to Mondovi?
- 3 2 month backpacking though europe
- 4 Need Accommodation in Versailles
- 5 1st time in Spain w/ 3 Children 8years and under - Help with itinery please
- 6 Car rental Questions for Italy
- 7 Traveling to Bordeaux
- 8 Preparing for our European Family Trip
- 9 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 10 Looking for add on city
- 11 Peugeot 107--will my luggage be visible?
- 12 Hiking in the Pyrenees - day trip from Barcelona, no car
- 13 Conference trip to Netherlands; help me plan free time afterward
- 14 Beach along The Seine in Paris
- 15 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 16 Which hotel in Lisbon?
- 17 Has anyone traveled on Thalys without a "ticketless" barcode confirmation?
- 18 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 19 FAMILY VACATION, BERLIN.
- 20 Pre-paid Visa?
- 21 What do you know about using the iPhone GPS app in Europe?
- 22 Traveling to Italy--Rome, Venice with teens
- 23 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 24 naples & pickpockets
- 25 Prices in Dubrovnik