someone on this board suggested that we take a look at various English towns: York, Salisbury, Cambridge, Oxford, etc for a day trip out of London.
We have been to Winchester which by the way is a very lovely little town that we love but wish to see something new, so this is out.
We plan to take a train that will take us directly to places without cab ride. We will not reconsider renting a car at all.
We are interested in area with history and charm to explore.
If possible we can spent a morning in one place and afternoon with another on the way back to London. If a city is a "must visit" that takes all day, we are game for just one city to go.
Which place is your favorite and why?
THANKS! I love this forum, so full of info!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 2 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 3 Yummy Swiss bites
- 4 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 5 Help/Advice From Irish Locals and Experts
- 6 http://gomusclebuilding.com/actbiotics-review/
- 7 Flight delayed to from Manchester to Amsterdam
- 8 Where to stop along the way
- 9 spanish winery region(s)
- 10 One week trip in early May in the fjords region in Norway
- 11 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 12 Paris transportation from CDG term 2 to La Defense
- 13 North Carolinians Take Warning
- 14 December in Deutschland
- 15 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 16 Four people, three countries, two weeks
- 17 30 Days in France with Family (6 y/o, 23 mo), what city to stay?
- 18 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
- 19 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 20 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 21 Suggestions for our Itinerary for June in Italy
- 22 Two weeks in France
- 23 Best places for 21 day family vacay w/ 5 year old?
- 24 Best International Sim Card
- 25 Just beginning to plan trip to Croatia