My husband and I are spending some time in Barga this summer and are flying out of Malpensa. We're driving back the day before our flight and staying at an airport hotel, so we have the whole day and can take our time. We've been to Genoa and will spend some time while in Barga hiking in Cinque Terre so we don't necessarily want to redo those. I always use Viamichelin but will defer to first hand experience from friendly Fodorites. Any suggestions? Something interesting even off the beaten path? Restaurants with a view? Thanks
Best driving route from Barga to Malpensa?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 2 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 3 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 4 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 5 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 6 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 7 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 8 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 9 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 10 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 11 Switzerland and Italy, tickets bought, need itinerary help
- 12 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 13 Dordogne lodging
- 14 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 15 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 16 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 17 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 18 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 19 I Got Tear Gassed In Pristina
- 20 Rocamaxour
- 21 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 22 Dordogne markets
- 23 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 24 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 25 which is worse in july - rome or venice?