My younger sister graduates high school this year, and I'm trying to convince my mother to let me take her to Europe for a week or two in mid June/early July. I'm trying to keep this inexpensive as possible, because although my mother and I would both be contributing I don't want to burden her or put her in an awkward position and I myself am a college student, so I'm not exactly rolling in dough.
So I want to start looking at flights and hotels ASAP, because I want to get the best deal possible.
Some more background: We live in New York City, and although I am a total city person my sister is a bit more of a country person, so I'm trying to find something that's the best of both. We both enjoy the beach however.
We are of Greek and Irish ancestry, and haven't been to either-actually, we haven't even left the country yet. So those are both viable options.
Regrettably, we both really only speak English, although she took Spanish for three years in high school and is pretty good at it. I took French all four years of high school, and while I'm nowhere near fluent I can hold a conversation (I'm taking Latin now, which I do not think will help me). We both know a tiny bit of Greek, but not very much.
I asked her how she felt about Italy, and she said it sounded nice, so originally we were going to go with that, but I'm fearful it'll be too expensive.
Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 2 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 3 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 4 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 5 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 6 38 Days in Paris
- 7 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 8 Naxos car rental
- 9 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 10 Greek Islands (small)
- 11 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 12 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 13 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 14 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 15 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 16 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 17 Things to do in Brussels
- 18 Short Trip in July
- 19 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 20 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 21 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 22 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 23 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 24 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 25 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week