My younger sister graduates high school this year, and I'm trying to convince my mother to let me take her to Europe for a week or two in mid June/early July. I'm trying to keep this inexpensive as possible, because although my mother and I would both be contributing I don't want to burden her or put her in an awkward position and I myself am a college student, so I'm not exactly rolling in dough.
So I want to start looking at flights and hotels ASAP, because I want to get the best deal possible.
Some more background: We live in New York City, and although I am a total city person my sister is a bit more of a country person, so I'm trying to find something that's the best of both. We both enjoy the beach however.
We are of Greek and Irish ancestry, and haven't been to either-actually, we haven't even left the country yet. So those are both viable options.
Regrettably, we both really only speak English, although she took Spanish for three years in high school and is pretty good at it. I took French all four years of high school, and while I'm nowhere near fluent I can hold a conversation (I'm taking Latin now, which I do not think will help me). We both know a tiny bit of Greek, but not very much.
I asked her how she felt about Italy, and she said it sounded nice, so originally we were going to go with that, but I'm fearful it'll be too expensive.
Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 2 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 3 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 4 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 5 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 6 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 7 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 8 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 9 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 10 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 11 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 12 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 13 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 14 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 15 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 16 Salzburg itinerary review
- 17 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 18 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 19 Milan and Lake Como
- 20 weekend from cologne germany
- 21 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 22 Switzerland in September
- 23 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 24 Where to eat in Rome?
- 25 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?