My younger sister graduates high school this year, and I'm trying to convince my mother to let me take her to Europe for a week or two in mid June/early July. I'm trying to keep this inexpensive as possible, because although my mother and I would both be contributing I don't want to burden her or put her in an awkward position and I myself am a college student, so I'm not exactly rolling in dough.
So I want to start looking at flights and hotels ASAP, because I want to get the best deal possible.
Some more background: We live in New York City, and although I am a total city person my sister is a bit more of a country person, so I'm trying to find something that's the best of both. We both enjoy the beach however.
We are of Greek and Irish ancestry, and haven't been to either-actually, we haven't even left the country yet. So those are both viable options.
Regrettably, we both really only speak English, although she took Spanish for three years in high school and is pretty good at it. I took French all four years of high school, and while I'm nowhere near fluent I can hold a conversation (I'm taking Latin now, which I do not think will help me). We both know a tiny bit of Greek, but not very much.
I asked her how she felt about Italy, and she said it sounded nice, so originally we were going to go with that, but I'm fearful it'll be too expensive.
Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Sebastián
- 2 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 3 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 4 Zurich to Milan trip
- 5 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 6 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 7 italy Cinque Terre
- 8 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 9 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 10 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 11 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 12 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 13 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 14 Driving through Paris
- 15 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 16 Advice for first time trip to Greece
- 17 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 18 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 19 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 20 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 21 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 22 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 23 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 24 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 25 Northern Ireland ideas