My younger sister graduates high school this year, and I'm trying to convince my mother to let me take her to Europe for a week or two in mid June/early July. I'm trying to keep this inexpensive as possible, because although my mother and I would both be contributing I don't want to burden her or put her in an awkward position and I myself am a college student, so I'm not exactly rolling in dough.
So I want to start looking at flights and hotels ASAP, because I want to get the best deal possible.
Some more background: We live in New York City, and although I am a total city person my sister is a bit more of a country person, so I'm trying to find something that's the best of both. We both enjoy the beach however.
We are of Greek and Irish ancestry, and haven't been to either-actually, we haven't even left the country yet. So those are both viable options.
Regrettably, we both really only speak English, although she took Spanish for three years in high school and is pretty good at it. I took French all four years of high school, and while I'm nowhere near fluent I can hold a conversation (I'm taking Latin now, which I do not think will help me). We both know a tiny bit of Greek, but not very much.
I asked her how she felt about Italy, and she said it sounded nice, so originally we were going to go with that, but I'm fearful it'll be too expensive.
Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 2 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 3 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 4 Spanish food - not that special?
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 7 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 8 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 9 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 10 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 11 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 12 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 13 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 14 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 15 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 16 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 17 Chania
- 18 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 19 Car rental in Santorini port
- 20 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 21 Renting a car in Greece
- 22 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 23 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 24 renting a car in greece
- 25 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights