My younger sister graduates high school this year, and I'm trying to convince my mother to let me take her to Europe for a week or two in mid June/early July. I'm trying to keep this inexpensive as possible, because although my mother and I would both be contributing I don't want to burden her or put her in an awkward position and I myself am a college student, so I'm not exactly rolling in dough.
So I want to start looking at flights and hotels ASAP, because I want to get the best deal possible.
Some more background: We live in New York City, and although I am a total city person my sister is a bit more of a country person, so I'm trying to find something that's the best of both. We both enjoy the beach however.
We are of Greek and Irish ancestry, and haven't been to either-actually, we haven't even left the country yet. So those are both viable options.
Regrettably, we both really only speak English, although she took Spanish for three years in high school and is pretty good at it. I took French all four years of high school, and while I'm nowhere near fluent I can hold a conversation (I'm taking Latin now, which I do not think will help me). We both know a tiny bit of Greek, but not very much.
I asked her how she felt about Italy, and she said it sounded nice, so originally we were going to go with that, but I'm fearful it'll be too expensive.
Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Azores in February
- 2 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 3 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 4 Theater in London
- 5 Late March/ Early April in Italy
- 6 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 7 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 8 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 9 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 10 Umbria / Le Marche
- 11 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 12 Scotland Itinerary Advice
- 13 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 14 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 15 Food in Positano
- 16 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 17 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 18 Katyn massacres
- 19 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 20 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 21 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 22 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 23 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 24 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 25 Ireland hotel questions