As some of you would have seen in my previous post, am planning a visit to Italy and Switzerland at end of July this year, with 3-4 days in Switzerland.
I have been to Wengen/Murren/Lauterbrunnen/Grindelwald in 2010 and absolutely loved it. This time we want to go to some new place but hoping for similar scenery. Now my first instinct has been to pick Zermatt as my destination in Switzerland but as am researching it further and looking at various photos am realizing while it has spectacular mountain scenery but it doesn’t seem as lush green as I would have expected. We are hoping to combine some rolling hills & lush green meadows scenery with lakes and peaks and I am a little confused now whether I have picked the right destination or not. For the sake of completeness, we will be with our parents in 60s-70s and so will limit to easy and simple hikes and not steep slopes.
Could the experts here guide me that given we have already been to Lauetrbrunnen-Wengen region, which other area could be best fit for easy hikes, green hills and some mountain scenery excursion. Am wondering if Zermatt should be fine and I have just chanced on the wrong pics or whether Kandersteg/Gstaad/Engelberg etc. may be a more appropriate choice.
Will really appreciate any guidance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting to Bolivia
- 2 Korean Messages
- 3 H10 Urquinaona Hotel in Barcelona
- 4 Budapest in December 2017
- 5 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 8 Another tipping question: concierges
- 9 Rental Car for Day Trip from Antalya to Pamukkale/Hierapolis?
- 10 Swiss Travel Pass
- 11 5 Days in Switzerland
- 12 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 13 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 14 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 15 6-7 Days in France
- 16 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 17 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 18 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 19 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 20 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 21 Spain in July
- 22 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 23 We're here!
- 24 Car hire with driver in Istanbul
- 25 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip