As some of you would have seen in my previous post, am planning a visit to Italy and Switzerland at end of July this year, with 3-4 days in Switzerland.
I have been to Wengen/Murren/Lauterbrunnen/Grindelwald in 2010 and absolutely loved it. This time we want to go to some new place but hoping for similar scenery. Now my first instinct has been to pick Zermatt as my destination in Switzerland but as am researching it further and looking at various photos am realizing while it has spectacular mountain scenery but it doesn’t seem as lush green as I would have expected. We are hoping to combine some rolling hills & lush green meadows scenery with lakes and peaks and I am a little confused now whether I have picked the right destination or not. For the sake of completeness, we will be with our parents in 60s-70s and so will limit to easy and simple hikes and not steep slopes.
Could the experts here guide me that given we have already been to Lauetrbrunnen-Wengen region, which other area could be best fit for easy hikes, green hills and some mountain scenery excursion. Am wondering if Zermatt should be fine and I have just chanced on the wrong pics or whether Kandersteg/Gstaad/Engelberg etc. may be a more appropriate choice.
Will really appreciate any guidance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving in Italy?
- 2 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 3 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 4 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 5 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 6 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 7 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 8 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 9 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 10 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 11 Shoes in Scotland
- 12 Engadine Valley help
- 13 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 14 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 15 Naples, Italy
- 16 Ireland in April
- 17 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 18 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 19 French restaurants
- 20 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 21 Tuscany 6 nights
- 22 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 23 Ireland travel passport question
- 24 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 25 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees