As some of you would have seen in my previous post, am planning a visit to Italy and Switzerland at end of July this year, with 3-4 days in Switzerland.
I have been to Wengen/Murren/Lauterbrunnen/Grindelwald in 2010 and absolutely loved it. This time we want to go to some new place but hoping for similar scenery. Now my first instinct has been to pick Zermatt as my destination in Switzerland but as am researching it further and looking at various photos am realizing while it has spectacular mountain scenery but it doesn’t seem as lush green as I would have expected. We are hoping to combine some rolling hills & lush green meadows scenery with lakes and peaks and I am a little confused now whether I have picked the right destination or not. For the sake of completeness, we will be with our parents in 60s-70s and so will limit to easy and simple hikes and not steep slopes.
Could the experts here guide me that given we have already been to Lauetrbrunnen-Wengen region, which other area could be best fit for easy hikes, green hills and some mountain scenery excursion. Am wondering if Zermatt should be fine and I have just chanced on the wrong pics or whether Kandersteg/Gstaad/Engelberg etc. may be a more appropriate choice.
Will really appreciate any guidance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily help
- 2 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 3 Transport for local Venice travel
- 4 Borghese Gallery Question
- 5 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 6 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 7 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 8 London vacation rental agency
- 9 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 10 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 11 Towns around Lucca
- 12 Cork questions
- 13 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 14 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 15 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 16 Italy Vacation
- 17 Stu Tower
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 20 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 21 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 22 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 23 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 24 Germany or Sweden
- 25 Crete Holiday