As some of you would have seen in my previous post, am planning a visit to Italy and Switzerland at end of July this year, with 3-4 days in Switzerland.
I have been to Wengen/Murren/Lauterbrunnen/Grindelwald in 2010 and absolutely loved it. This time we want to go to some new place but hoping for similar scenery. Now my first instinct has been to pick Zermatt as my destination in Switzerland but as am researching it further and looking at various photos am realizing while it has spectacular mountain scenery but it doesn’t seem as lush green as I would have expected. We are hoping to combine some rolling hills & lush green meadows scenery with lakes and peaks and I am a little confused now whether I have picked the right destination or not. For the sake of completeness, we will be with our parents in 60s-70s and so will limit to easy and simple hikes and not steep slopes.
Could the experts here guide me that given we have already been to Lauetrbrunnen-Wengen region, which other area could be best fit for easy hikes, green hills and some mountain scenery excursion. Am wondering if Zermatt should be fine and I have just chanced on the wrong pics or whether Kandersteg/Gstaad/Engelberg etc. may be a more appropriate choice.
Will really appreciate any guidance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Valencia Spain
- 2 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 3 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 4 Driving in Italy
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 7 Paris in August
- 8 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 9 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 10 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 11 Rome Water Shortage
- 12 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 13 Getting around London
- 14 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 15 The DCC scam is spreading
- 16 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 17 Train travel to and from Paris
- 18 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 19 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 20 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 21 Christmas in Spain
- 22 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 23 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 24 Vigo Spain????
- 25 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace