I will be staying with family friends for 9 days in Perugia and then with a different family for 9 days in Umbertide. I may not always have access to a car so I am looking for day trips with some 1-2 day overnight trips from both locations via bus or train. I am open to driving when necessary (and possible) PS: this would be my first time driving abroad.
I love walking/hiking, great food/wine, art & a serious outdoors fan. I'm traveling on my own for these days.
I will be in Rome for my last 4 days, so I do not need that added to a day trip itinerary but welcome any advice/ideas for a unique 4 days (this is my second visit to Rome)
Any suggestions would be welcome for my 18 days in Tuscany/Umbria region.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Loire or Provence in January?
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 3 Entertaining 17 year-old in Rome
- 4 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 5 Day trip from London in December
- 6 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 7 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 8 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 9 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 12 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 13 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 14 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 15 Rome or Venice first
- 16 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 17 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 18 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 19 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 20 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 21 Europe First Timers
- 22 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 23 Place to Eat in Aix-en-Provence
- 24 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 25 Iceland photo tour- any tips?