I will be staying with family friends for 9 days in Perugia and then with a different family for 9 days in Umbertide. I may not always have access to a car so I am looking for day trips with some 1-2 day overnight trips from both locations via bus or train. I am open to driving when necessary (and possible) PS: this would be my first time driving abroad.
I love walking/hiking, great food/wine, art & a serious outdoors fan. I'm traveling on my own for these days.
I will be in Rome for my last 4 days, so I do not need that added to a day trip itinerary but welcome any advice/ideas for a unique 4 days (this is my second visit to Rome)
Any suggestions would be welcome for my 18 days in Tuscany/Umbria region.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 2 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 3 Place to Eat in Aix-en-Provence
- 4 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 5 Iceland photo tour- any tips?
- 6 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 7 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 8 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 9 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 10 Rome and Amalfi Coast Trip Report
- 11 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 13 Entertaining 17 year-old in Rome
- 14 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 15 Rome or Venice first
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 18 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 19 B&B in Ireland
- 20 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 21 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 22 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 23 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 24 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 25 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston