My family will be staying with friends in Basel. The 4 of us and possibly our 2 Swiss friends wish to take a day trip to view the Alps. Any suggestions? Lausanne? Bern? Zurich? What transportation would you recommend? Train or rent a car?
Best day trip from Basel to see Alps
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 2 Paris to Etretat Day Trip
- 3 San Sebastian or Pamploma?
- 4 Just curious: Kids at the Moulin Rouge?
- 5 British Royals
- 6 Train from Paris to Avignon
- 7 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 8 Phone/GPS/Internet Access Strategies for European Vacation
- 9 St. Cloud Racecourse - Anybody been?
- 10 North side of Thun Lake Switzerland as a lodging base
- 11 Belgium - Amsterdam - Dusseldorf
- 12 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 13 Como Lake for Easter weekend - is a rental car worthwhile?
- 14 Apartments in Rome you have rented and liked
- 15 France 8 days
- 16 First time in Ireland...have just 5 days to see a lot! Need advice
- 17 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague
- 18 How would you spend 4 nights/3days on Lake Como?
- 19 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 20 Two Twentysomethings in Central Europe ITINERARY
- 21 Working on a itinerary for a trip to Munich, Prague, Budapest and Vienna
- 22 Palazzo Catalani in Soriano nel Cimino, Italy
- 23 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 24 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 25 The ultimate European road trip?