My family will be staying with friends in Basel. The 4 of us and possibly our 2 Swiss friends wish to take a day trip to view the Alps. Any suggestions? Lausanne? Bern? Zurich? What transportation would you recommend? Train or rent a car?
Best day trip from Basel to see Alps
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 2 Gdansk & Baltic in October
- 3 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 4 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 5 Spain trip, 11 cities in 17 days? Please help with itinerary
- 6 Help for San Sebastian
- 7 Follow-up to my last question (U.S. citizen visiting Sweden next year)
- 8 Venice - boats on canals
- 9 Hotel Reccommendations: France, Germany, Italy
- 10 London hotel tax is 20%
- 11 Good Paris Self-guided Walking Tour Book?
- 12 Train from Frankfurt to Madrid
- 13 Venice, just arrived
- 14 Euronight Train from Munich to Budapest - doubts
- 15 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 16 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 17 What Bus/buses
- 18 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 19 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 20 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 21 Barcelona December 26, 2014 thru January 1, 2015
- 22 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 23 Vienna to Gyor and Sopron in one day
- 24 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 25 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash