My family will be staying with friends in Basel. The 4 of us and possibly our 2 Swiss friends wish to take a day trip to view the Alps. Any suggestions? Lausanne? Bern? Zurich? What transportation would you recommend? Train or rent a car?
Best day trip from Basel to see Alps
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: Picasso Museum reopens, Finally
- 2 Spain in November
- 3 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 4 Help with Italy itinerary (18 days: Rome, Umbria, Puglia, Amalfi?)
- 5 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 6 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 7 Milan at the end of September
- 8 Dxb St. Juery Schaffhausen
- 9 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 10 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 11 Italy Travelogue, part I (Rome)
- 12 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 13 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 14 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 15 at what point should one get health insurance
- 16 4 Months in Europe
- 17 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 18 Tipping in the UK
- 19 floods in Andalucia
- 20 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 21 Traffic Violation from Italy
- 22 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 23 Tour Belgium, the Netherlands and Switzerland On Line (Video + Stills)
- 24 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?
- 25 Taxi / tour guides from Granada airport