DH and I couldn't decide on WHICH area to explore: Cotswolds or Kent, so we decided to do both! Anyway, we enjoy road trips, and driving around.
Based on your useful suggestions, I was able to book 2 B&Bs: Sissinghurst Castle Farmhouse (in Sissinghurst) for the Kent leg and the Boxtree Cottage near Burford for the Cotswolds.
We'll be coming from London and, again following the advice of a Fodorite, would like to train from London towards Kent area, and pick up our car rental somewhere around there. Then drive around Kent, stay a few days, then drive to Cotswolds, stay a few days. Then drive towards London, drop-off our car near London, then train back. Basically avoid driving IN London, and maximizing the use of the car.
1. Can you suggest pick-up and drop-off points? Because of our indecision, we'll have to pick-up and drop-off in 2 different places
2. Any suggestions on which car rental company?
3. Any suggested routes? Most scenic? We're not really in a rush, and the journey is part of the fun!
Thanks everyone again!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 스포츠사이트【【 SCB33 。CＯM『가입코드: 0004』】】사설안전놀이터
- 2 추천사이트【 SCB 3 3、CＯM - 코드: 0004 】㏂가상축구배팅
- 3 사설놀이터추천【【 SCB33 。CＯM『가입코드: 0004』】】해외스포츠사이트
- 4 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 5 France Itinerary Advice
- 6 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 7 4 days in Provence in early June
- 8 dinner jackets
- 9 Trip to Rome
- 10 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 11 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 12 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 13 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 14 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 15 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 16 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 17 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 18 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 19 Leather goods in Florence
- 20 Picnic Spot Near Assisi
- 21 Transportation
- 22 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 23 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 24 Things to do in Montpellier
- 25 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
Best car rental pick-up and drop-off points for our UK roadtrip