DH and I couldn't decide on WHICH area to explore: Cotswolds or Kent, so we decided to do both! Anyway, we enjoy road trips, and driving around.
Based on your useful suggestions, I was able to book 2 B&Bs: Sissinghurst Castle Farmhouse (in Sissinghurst) for the Kent leg and the Boxtree Cottage near Burford for the Cotswolds.
We'll be coming from London and, again following the advice of a Fodorite, would like to train from London towards Kent area, and pick up our car rental somewhere around there. Then drive around Kent, stay a few days, then drive to Cotswolds, stay a few days. Then drive towards London, drop-off our car near London, then train back. Basically avoid driving IN London, and maximizing the use of the car.
1. Can you suggest pick-up and drop-off points? Because of our indecision, we'll have to pick-up and drop-off in 2 different places
2. Any suggestions on which car rental company?
3. Any suggested routes? Most scenic? We're not really in a rush, and the journey is part of the fun!
Thanks everyone again!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 한게임맞고 c p s 33 . c o m
- 2 체리게임 c p s 33 . c o m
- 3 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 4 체리바둑이 c p s 33 . c o m
- 5 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 6 Safety in Rome
- 7 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 8 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 9 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 10 Europe First Timers
- 11 Greek Village
- 12 Crete Holiday
- 13 Athens Help
- 14 One free day in Barcelona
- 15 Apartment Montreux area
- 16 Uber vs. TfL
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 19 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 20 base in brussels
- 21 Rome or Venice first
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 24 Berlin
- 25 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
Best car rental pick-up and drop-off points for our UK roadtrip