We (me, wife and young son) are contemplating a one week break in January so I'm getting in early with this question.
We are looking for a child-friendly place, which I guess means beaches, water parks, streets that are not too crowded or cobbled etc.
My wife and I also like non-touristy places, good, local restaurants, beaches, scenery and the ability to do some nice drives (car rental is a possibility).
I know sometimes non-touristy can mean non-child friendly but if there was somewhere nice, picturesque and quiet that also had enough amenities to keep our son (and us) happy then that would be great.
From my own research I think Fuerteventura or Lanzarote may fit the bill but I'm not sure and I also can't tell which parts of those islands would be best.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 alItalia
- 2 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 3 Car Rental in France - Europcar
- 4 Is Sicily Safe?
- 5 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 6 credit and debit cards
- 7 Clean up spam
- 8 Family Friendly Day Trips from Arezzo
- 9 A Scrumptious Slice of Slovenia
- 10 How to spend 3 days btwn Milan and Florence
- 11 Mykonos Beach Club
- 12 Suggestions for two night stay near Athens airport?
- 13 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 14 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 15 Ottolenghi walk-ins?
- 16 Visit to Engand
- 17 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !
- 18 Trip in September
- 19 Which city order makes most sense?
- 20 10 days in Germany, Itinerary help please!
- 21 London Restaurants
- 22 Munich Hotel Location
- 23 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 24 Croatia - Zadar or Hvar or Korcula?
- 25 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed