We (me, wife and young son) are contemplating a one week break in January so I'm getting in early with this question.
We are looking for a child-friendly place, which I guess means beaches, water parks, streets that are not too crowded or cobbled etc.
My wife and I also like non-touristy places, good, local restaurants, beaches, scenery and the ability to do some nice drives (car rental is a possibility).
I know sometimes non-touristy can mean non-child friendly but if there was somewhere nice, picturesque and quiet that also had enough amenities to keep our son (and us) happy then that would be great.
From my own research I think Fuerteventura or Lanzarote may fit the bill but I'm not sure and I also can't tell which parts of those islands would be best.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 2 Appenzell in December?
- 3 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 4 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 5 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 6 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 7 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 8 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 9 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 10 Wengen 3 1/2 days trip final suggestion
- 11 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 12 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 13 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 14 Traveling in Belgium
- 15 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 16 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 17 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 18 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 19 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 20 Booking.com trustworthy?
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 23 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 24 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 25 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?