We (me, wife and young son) are contemplating a one week break in January so I'm getting in early with this question.
We are looking for a child-friendly place, which I guess means beaches, water parks, streets that are not too crowded or cobbled etc.
My wife and I also like non-touristy places, good, local restaurants, beaches, scenery and the ability to do some nice drives (car rental is a possibility).
I know sometimes non-touristy can mean non-child friendly but if there was somewhere nice, picturesque and quiet that also had enough amenities to keep our son (and us) happy then that would be great.
From my own research I think Fuerteventura or Lanzarote may fit the bill but I'm not sure and I also can't tell which parts of those islands would be best.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 2 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 3 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 4 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 5 Rouen Tour Companies
- 6 No Periods in British Written English!
- 7 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 8 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 9 Killarney
- 10 Madrid/Lisbon
- 11 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 12 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 13 Rome-Itinerary
- 14 Walking itinerary in England?
- 15 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 16 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 17 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 18 Ireland itinerary help please
- 19 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 20 Sabbatical in Tuscany
- 21 Italy bus or train
- 22 Paperwork to Marry in Italy
- 23 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 24 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 25 10 Days Trip Bath, Cotswolds, and London with a young boy