We (me, wife and young son) are contemplating a one week break in January so I'm getting in early with this question.
We are looking for a child-friendly place, which I guess means beaches, water parks, streets that are not too crowded or cobbled etc.
My wife and I also like non-touristy places, good, local restaurants, beaches, scenery and the ability to do some nice drives (car rental is a possibility).
I know sometimes non-touristy can mean non-child friendly but if there was somewhere nice, picturesque and quiet that also had enough amenities to keep our son (and us) happy then that would be great.
From my own research I think Fuerteventura or Lanzarote may fit the bill but I'm not sure and I also can't tell which parts of those islands would be best.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 2 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 3 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 4 Towersey, London
- 5 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 6 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 7 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 8 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 9 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 10 Biarritz family holiday
- 11 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 12 With Locals dinner- anyone done one?
- 13 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 14 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 15 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 16 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 17 Ireland in April
- 18 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 19 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 20 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 21 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 22 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 23 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 24 If you had to choose one......
- 25 getting to CDG