We (me, wife and young son) are contemplating a one week break in January so I'm getting in early with this question.
We are looking for a child-friendly place, which I guess means beaches, water parks, streets that are not too crowded or cobbled etc.
My wife and I also like non-touristy places, good, local restaurants, beaches, scenery and the ability to do some nice drives (car rental is a possibility).
I know sometimes non-touristy can mean non-child friendly but if there was somewhere nice, picturesque and quiet that also had enough amenities to keep our son (and us) happy then that would be great.
From my own research I think Fuerteventura or Lanzarote may fit the bill but I'm not sure and I also can't tell which parts of those islands would be best.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Acropolis Athens
- 2 Vacation in Great Britain
- 3 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 4 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 5 Paris: Where to find Steak Tartar and Escargot?
- 6 Escargots in Paris
- 7 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 8 Interesting places to visit
- 9 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 10 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 11 Trip Ideas
- 12 We're here!
- 13 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 14 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 15 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 16 Switzerland Itinerary in 5 days early-June
- 17 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 18 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 19 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 20 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 21 Info about Poland
- 22 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 23 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 24 Barcelona question
- 25 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS