I will be visiting the valley in early june and am looking for a central area to stay in to visit castles, abbey's and wine tasting ( although i know the valley is not noted for this ) we prefer a quaint area instead of a busy town and will have a car. Was thinking chinon /amboise...any input would be appreciated !!! Thx in advance
Best base for staying in loire valley
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 2 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 3 London: Oyster Card or Travelcard?
- 4 What is considered acceptable travel attire
- 5 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 6 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 7 Advice on 8 day England Itinerary - No London
- 8 Itinerary for 11 day trip to France
- 9 Stay in Bayeux or Honfleur
- 10 Madrid and London
- 11 December honeymoon in Europe
- 12 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 13 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 14 Sky diving in Barcelona
- 15 Visiting Amsterdam, Brussels and Bruges
- 16 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 17 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 18 2 day break from London: Edinburgh, Dublin, Luxembourg, Paris, York?
- 19 Late night train from Prague
- 20 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 21 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 22 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 23 Bernina Express tickets
- 24 Rioja in one day on way to Basque
- 25 staying a month or so in each place