I am planning a trip to Italy next september. We start with Bolonia, Verona, Ravenna , Parma? Padua?.....then going to visit Cinque Terre, Rapallo, Portofino....before entering France.
Which location is better? La Spezia? Genoa(genova)? Genoa looks good to take the train to Nice or Marseille.
I know La Spezia is better for the C.T. But can Genoa be used if we take some longer train transfers to the C.T. I understand Genoa is ok for Rapallo/Portofino.
No rental car.....just trains and buses please!
Any comments and suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 2 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 4 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 5 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 6 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 7 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 8 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 9 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 10 barcelona neighborhood
- 11 Regarding Residence Permit
- 12 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 13 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 14 Tracking the Weather
- 15 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 16 Les Invalides Night Show
- 17 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 18 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 19 Which Day?
- 20 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 21 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 22 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 23 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 24 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 25 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday