I've begun to look for lodging for our 8 nights in Paris in mid May (open to either hotel or apartment), and after researching past threads and some other sites, am realizing that it's probably unrealistic to find something we'd want to be in for that length of time, in the 6th, for our price range. I'm going to keep looking for a bit, but don't hold out all that much hope. Every time I see something I think will be in our range, when I put in our May dates, it zooms up.
So I'm wondering what area people would recommend for our next choice, and why? Being a quick walk to Metro would be important, if we're not going to be walking distance to as many sites. My husband's on the large side so extremely small room would be too uncomfortable, tho' he does know and is ok with not to expect American standards.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Best arrondissement for 150E/nt or less?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 2 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 3 London hotel tax is 20%
- 4 Vienna to Gyor and Sopron in one day
- 5 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 6 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 7 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 8 Barcelona December 26, 2014 thru January 1, 2015
- 9 Venice - boats on canals
- 10 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 11 Venice, just arrived
- 12 Car vs Train in Switzerland
- 13 Student Visa for Italy Questions
- 14 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 15 Solo trip to Sicily in December
- 16 Ghent or Paris?
- 17 Spain trip, 11 cities in 17 days? Please help with itinerary
- 18 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 19 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 20 Paris -> Berlin - What's the cheapest mode of transportation?
- 21 Greece Travel Planning for 2015
- 22 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome
- 23 Do trains run past midnight???
- 24 U.S. Citizen visiting Sweden for first time and I have two questions
- 25 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy