I've begun to look for lodging for our 8 nights in Paris in mid May (open to either hotel or apartment), and after researching past threads and some other sites, am realizing that it's probably unrealistic to find something we'd want to be in for that length of time, in the 6th, for our price range. I'm going to keep looking for a bit, but don't hold out all that much hope. Every time I see something I think will be in our range, when I put in our May dates, it zooms up.
So I'm wondering what area people would recommend for our next choice, and why? Being a quick walk to Metro would be important, if we're not going to be walking distance to as many sites. My husband's on the large side so extremely small room would be too uncomfortable, tho' he does know and is ok with not to expect American standards.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris gtg in October?
- 2 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 3 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 4 Romantic Restaurants in Venice and Sunset Gondola Ride spots
- 5 Trains France/Switzerland
- 6 Is Venice overrated?
- 7 Cote d'Azur & Provence Itinerary - Stu Dudley's new/revised edition
- 8 Belgian airports
- 9 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 10 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 11 Greece Travel Advice
- 12 Florence pass yeh or neh
- 13 European Championship
- 14 Lake Garda- Italy
- 15 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 16 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 17 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 18 Brussels Airport
- 19 Traveling through Bucharest, Budapest, Zagreb and Belgrade
- 20 La Cite du Vin, has anyone visited ?
- 21 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 22 Is 2hr25m layover enough to collect and recheck baggage?
- 23 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 24 Need help identifying something in Barcelona
- 25 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!