I've begun to look for lodging for our 8 nights in Paris in mid May (open to either hotel or apartment), and after researching past threads and some other sites, am realizing that it's probably unrealistic to find something we'd want to be in for that length of time, in the 6th, for our price range. I'm going to keep looking for a bit, but don't hold out all that much hope. Every time I see something I think will be in our range, when I put in our May dates, it zooms up.
So I'm wondering what area people would recommend for our next choice, and why? Being a quick walk to Metro would be important, if we're not going to be walking distance to as many sites. My husband's on the large side so extremely small room would be too uncomfortable, tho' he does know and is ok with not to expect American standards.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How big backpack do I need?
- 2 First trip - destination advice!
- 3 Norway Itinerary and recommendations?
- 4 Munich Under Attack...
- 5 Trip Report: Bergen-Andalsnes-Oslo (June/July 2016)
- 6 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 7 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 8 Spain in November
- 9 Stonehenge and Bath
- 10 Path of the Gods Question
- 11 Must visit wineries in Alsace?
- 12 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 13 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 14 Should I speculate?
- 15 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 16 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 17 Prague on a budget...
- 18 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 19 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 20 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 21 Le Marche Sept./Oct.
- 22 Help with 2nd European Spot
- 23 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 24 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 25 Short, one day trip to Sighișoara, what do you recommend?