I've begun to look for lodging for our 8 nights in Paris in mid May (open to either hotel or apartment), and after researching past threads and some other sites, am realizing that it's probably unrealistic to find something we'd want to be in for that length of time, in the 6th, for our price range. I'm going to keep looking for a bit, but don't hold out all that much hope. Every time I see something I think will be in our range, when I put in our May dates, it zooms up.
So I'm wondering what area people would recommend for our next choice, and why? Being a quick walk to Metro would be important, if we're not going to be walking distance to as many sites. My husband's on the large side so extremely small room would be too uncomfortable, tho' he does know and is ok with not to expect American standards.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Best arrondissement for 150E/nt or less?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 2 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 3 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 4 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 5 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 6 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 7 All Set To Go!!
- 8 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 9 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 10 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 11 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 12 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 13 Three ferries to Mull
- 14 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 15 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 16 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 17 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 18 Chamonix to Paris by Train
- 19 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 20 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 21 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 22 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Classical Musicians/Composers Home Towns?
- 23 French Basque region
- 24 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 25 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam