I've begun to look for lodging for our 8 nights in Paris in mid May (open to either hotel or apartment), and after researching past threads and some other sites, am realizing that it's probably unrealistic to find something we'd want to be in for that length of time, in the 6th, for our price range. I'm going to keep looking for a bit, but don't hold out all that much hope. Every time I see something I think will be in our range, when I put in our May dates, it zooms up.
So I'm wondering what area people would recommend for our next choice, and why? Being a quick walk to Metro would be important, if we're not going to be walking distance to as many sites. My husband's on the large side so extremely small room would be too uncomfortable, tho' he does know and is ok with not to expect American standards.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 2 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 3 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 4 Walking GPS?
- 5 One Way... trust or bust?
- 6 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 7 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 8 Cost of Van from CDG
- 9 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 10 Croatian islands
- 11 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 12 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 13 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 14 How best to spend a long day in Warnemunde
- 15 Fake police scam in Budapest
- 16 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 17 After Mass, on a Sunday, in Rome
- 18 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 19 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 20 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 21 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 22 July 2-5, 2012 Int'l Philosphy Conference at Assos, Turkey (near Troy)
- 23 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 24 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 25 When to Arrive At The Airport