I've begun to look for lodging for our 8 nights in Paris in mid May (open to either hotel or apartment), and after researching past threads and some other sites, am realizing that it's probably unrealistic to find something we'd want to be in for that length of time, in the 6th, for our price range. I'm going to keep looking for a bit, but don't hold out all that much hope. Every time I see something I think will be in our range, when I put in our May dates, it zooms up.
So I'm wondering what area people would recommend for our next choice, and why? Being a quick walk to Metro would be important, if we're not going to be walking distance to as many sites. My husband's on the large side so extremely small room would be too uncomfortable, tho' he does know and is ok with not to expect American standards.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norfolk base
- 2 Croatia Roadtrip: Plitvice -> Dubrovnik in August
- 3 Travelling to Shiroka Luka, Bulgaria
- 4 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 5 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 6 Drinks in Spain
- 7 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 8 Spain Itinerary Help
- 9 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 10 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 11 Train in France-1st versus 2nd class?
- 12 13 days in Paris, plans and budget
- 13 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 14 Beaches in Southern France
- 15 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 16 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 17 Ali
- 18 Viator's Tuscany in one day sightseeing tour
- 19 Gelato course in Rome?
- 20 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 21 Oct '16 Tuscany assistance
- 22 Too much for one day?
- 23 Travel WiFi - France
- 24 Lipari to Capri??
- 25 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan