I've begun to look for lodging for our 8 nights in Paris in mid May (open to either hotel or apartment), and after researching past threads and some other sites, am realizing that it's probably unrealistic to find something we'd want to be in for that length of time, in the 6th, for our price range. I'm going to keep looking for a bit, but don't hold out all that much hope. Every time I see something I think will be in our range, when I put in our May dates, it zooms up.
So I'm wondering what area people would recommend for our next choice, and why? Being a quick walk to Metro would be important, if we're not going to be walking distance to as many sites. My husband's on the large side so extremely small room would be too uncomfortable, tho' he does know and is ok with not to expect American standards.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting Around Toledo
- 2 9 days in Austria. Vienna plus 4 days w/car, Salzburg, then train back
- 3 Andalucia to Madrid
- 4 Most beautiful cities in Europe?
- 5 Crete - Short Island Cruises from/return Crete
- 6 Saltzburg,Nuremberg and munich
- 7 Where in Costa del Sol ?
- 8 Italian Roadtrip ideas/feedback
- 9 Best location to stay in Seville
- 10 Rome - To Tour or Not to Tour
- 11 Clown wants to do some street performing in Europe
- 12 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 13 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 14 How to rent a car...
- 15 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 16 Did I make a mistake arriving Venice on a holiday (Nov 1)?
- 17 Trip Report Paris, Avignon, Lyon, Turin, Genoa, Reggio Emilia, Venice 2014
- 18 Day trip to Urbino from Bologna - advice sought
- 19 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 20 Balleseede Castle in Trallee or Killarney
- 21 Small-group day tours from London?
- 22 Wroclaw & Krakow, Poland
- 23 tuscan wine tour
- 24 Izmir to Istanbul
- 25 The cathedral of Amiens in color