I've begun to look for lodging for our 8 nights in Paris in mid May (open to either hotel or apartment), and after researching past threads and some other sites, am realizing that it's probably unrealistic to find something we'd want to be in for that length of time, in the 6th, for our price range. I'm going to keep looking for a bit, but don't hold out all that much hope. Every time I see something I think will be in our range, when I put in our May dates, it zooms up.
So I'm wondering what area people would recommend for our next choice, and why? Being a quick walk to Metro would be important, if we're not going to be walking distance to as many sites. My husband's on the large side so extremely small room would be too uncomfortable, tho' he does know and is ok with not to expect American standards.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona alternative
- 2 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 3 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 4 God Save the Queen?
- 5 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 6 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 7 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 8 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 9 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 10 Paris to Italy
- 11 9 Days in Spain
- 12 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 13 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 14 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 15 Frankfurt to UK
- 16 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 17 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 18 Spanish Medical Providers
- 19 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 20 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 21 Iceland
- 22 Milan or Turin
- 23 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 24 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 25 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old