I've begun to look for lodging for our 8 nights in Paris in mid May (open to either hotel or apartment), and after researching past threads and some other sites, am realizing that it's probably unrealistic to find something we'd want to be in for that length of time, in the 6th, for our price range. I'm going to keep looking for a bit, but don't hold out all that much hope. Every time I see something I think will be in our range, when I put in our May dates, it zooms up.
So I'm wondering what area people would recommend for our next choice, and why? Being a quick walk to Metro would be important, if we're not going to be walking distance to as many sites. My husband's on the large side so extremely small room would be too uncomfortable, tho' he does know and is ok with not to expect American standards.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 2 Towersey, London
- 3 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 4 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 5 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 6 Amalfi Coast help
- 7 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 8 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 9 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 10 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 11 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 12 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 13 Ireland in April
- 14 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 15 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 16 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 17 A few days outside Rome
- 18 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 19 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 20 CDG airport and connection time
- 21 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 22 Paris Metro
- 23 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 24 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 25 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato