I've begun to look for lodging for our 8 nights in Paris in mid May (open to either hotel or apartment), and after researching past threads and some other sites, am realizing that it's probably unrealistic to find something we'd want to be in for that length of time, in the 6th, for our price range. I'm going to keep looking for a bit, but don't hold out all that much hope. Every time I see something I think will be in our range, when I put in our May dates, it zooms up.
So I'm wondering what area people would recommend for our next choice, and why? Being a quick walk to Metro would be important, if we're not going to be walking distance to as many sites. My husband's on the large side so extremely small room would be too uncomfortable, tho' he does know and is ok with not to expect American standards.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trip from London
- 2 A month in Normandy (Rouen): calling Normandy afficionados
- 3 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 4 International driving permit required in France?
- 5 The Trip to London and Paris with Three Kids
- 6 Need some Venice planning help
- 7 Where to buy Saffron?
- 8 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 9 Italy Itinerary Feedback wanted!
- 10 A week in Verona. Please critique my daytrip list.
- 11 8 Day trip to Swiss and France
- 12 RHK's Spring Trip
- 13 Ideas for 5 Nights in Wengen and 3 nights in Lucerne
- 14 Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Venice, Rome too much for 15-20 days?
- 15 Walking tour of Edinburgh
- 16 Scenic drive: Seville-Granada-Barcelona
- 17 Puglia impressions, in brief
- 18 explore Italy on a budget
- 19 Paris and Rouen 2015
- 20 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 21 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 22 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 23 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 24 Barcelona to Marseille (Toulon)
- 25 Another Northern Europe train question