I've begun to look for lodging for our 8 nights in Paris in mid May (open to either hotel or apartment), and after researching past threads and some other sites, am realizing that it's probably unrealistic to find something we'd want to be in for that length of time, in the 6th, for our price range. I'm going to keep looking for a bit, but don't hold out all that much hope. Every time I see something I think will be in our range, when I put in our May dates, it zooms up.
So I'm wondering what area people would recommend for our next choice, and why? Being a quick walk to Metro would be important, if we're not going to be walking distance to as many sites. My husband's on the large side so extremely small room would be too uncomfortable, tho' he does know and is ok with not to expect American standards.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 days each in London and Paris
- 2 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 3 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 4 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence
- 5 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 6 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 7 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 8 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 9 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 10 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 11 Switzerland in September
- 12 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 13 A few more questions about Brittany
- 14 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 15 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 16 Positano or Sorrento?
- 17 Paris in November
- 18 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 19 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 20 London Theater
- 21 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 22 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 23 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 24 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 25 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland