I've begun to look for lodging for our 8 nights in Paris in mid May (open to either hotel or apartment), and after researching past threads and some other sites, am realizing that it's probably unrealistic to find something we'd want to be in for that length of time, in the 6th, for our price range. I'm going to keep looking for a bit, but don't hold out all that much hope. Every time I see something I think will be in our range, when I put in our May dates, it zooms up.
So I'm wondering what area people would recommend for our next choice, and why? Being a quick walk to Metro would be important, if we're not going to be walking distance to as many sites. My husband's on the large side so extremely small room would be too uncomfortable, tho' he does know and is ok with not to expect American standards.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Best arrondissement for 150E/nt or less?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 2 Is May Day a big deal in Barcelona?
- 3 Safe to use hotel room safe?
- 4 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 5 Food Critics Pans French Restaurant Food and the 'Fait Maison' Logo...
- 6 Planning to visit Barcelona and Santander in the fall next year
- 7 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 8 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 9 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)
- 10 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 11 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 12 Spain - Mallorca vs. Canary Islands
- 13 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 14 London - Paris - Venice - Flight & Transport Questions
- 15 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 16 What do you wish you'd known about Iceland before you went?
- 17 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 18 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 19 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 20 Confusing Care rental in Italy Continued . . . Locauto?
- 21 Villa Borghese - Neighborhood restaurants?
- 22 Budapest to Bucharest (2 week trip)
- 23 Rentalcars.com: anyone use this broker for car rental in France?
- 24 Girona, Spain - Restaurant for a Sunday night
- 25 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...