I've begun to look for lodging for our 8 nights in Paris in mid May (open to either hotel or apartment), and after researching past threads and some other sites, am realizing that it's probably unrealistic to find something we'd want to be in for that length of time, in the 6th, for our price range. I'm going to keep looking for a bit, but don't hold out all that much hope. Every time I see something I think will be in our range, when I put in our May dates, it zooms up.
So I'm wondering what area people would recommend for our next choice, and why? Being a quick walk to Metro would be important, if we're not going to be walking distance to as many sites. My husband's on the large side so extremely small room would be too uncomfortable, tho' he does know and is ok with not to expect American standards.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Best arrondissement for 150E/nt or less?
- 1 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 2 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 3 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 4 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 5 Spain - Andalucia
- 6 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 7 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 8 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 9 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 10 One more last question on Bayeux
- 11 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 12 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 13 Medieval Tallinn
- 14 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 15 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 16 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 17 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 18 Euro Train
- 19 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 20 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 21 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 22 Italian language schools
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 When to visit Provence updated info
- 25 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins