I've begun to look for lodging for our 8 nights in Paris in mid May (open to either hotel or apartment), and after researching past threads and some other sites, am realizing that it's probably unrealistic to find something we'd want to be in for that length of time, in the 6th, for our price range. I'm going to keep looking for a bit, but don't hold out all that much hope. Every time I see something I think will be in our range, when I put in our May dates, it zooms up.
So I'm wondering what area people would recommend for our next choice, and why? Being a quick walk to Metro would be important, if we're not going to be walking distance to as many sites. My husband's on the large side so extremely small room would be too uncomfortable, tho' he does know and is ok with not to expect American standards.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 2 Luggage in rental car while touring Normandie and Loire Valley
- 3 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 4 Musee D'Orsay or the Louvre
- 5 Need help for itinerary with 4 yr old
- 6 If Greece exits
- 7 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 8 Help! College daughter's 1st day in Nerja, Spain/converter broke!!
- 9 Spanish air controllers strikes in July 2015
- 10 Traveling around Castile-Leon
- 11 10 days in July-Aug with kids - Switzerland and Italy
- 12 South of France - a big place... looking for advice!
- 13 Seeking help on my 12 days trip from Switzerland to Austria
- 14 Four Awesome Weeks in the North of Spain and Catalunya
- 15 Is my Scotland itinerary doable?
- 16 Germany to Austria in 11 days? Help!
- 17 8 nights Geneva to Zurich itinerary ideas
- 18 Paris Hotel - Hotel des Nations St-Germain , Le Méridien Etoile
- 19 1 day in the Black Forest
- 20 French Basque country
- 21 Italy on the Cheap (Mostly), May 2015
- 22 Rome Walking Guide
- 23 Travelling outside of Stockholm
- 24 Drumroll....I finally decided on a Roman Hotel!
- 25 I want to buy a European flat iron