I am planning to visit France and Switzerland during the first two weeks of October, along with my husband. It is our first trip to Europe and we are intersted in scenic locations - blue skies, beautiful hills and the much raved about European countryside. As first timers we would like to check out the major local tourist attractions as well.
Would like to get suggestions on which areas would be best during october. We are not into hiking and would be travelling by train.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 2 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 3 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 4 Andalucia Spain
- 5 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 6 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 7 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 8 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 9 Barcelona - places to stay
- 10 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 11 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 12 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 13 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 14 Christmas Markets 2017
- 15 Language to use in Belgium
- 16 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 17 Istanbul at Easter
- 18 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 19 Palermo Apartment
- 20 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 21 SURPRISE TRIP
- 22 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 23 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 24 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 25 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week