I am planning to visit France and Switzerland during the first two weeks of October, along with my husband. It is our first trip to Europe and we are intersted in scenic locations - blue skies, beautiful hills and the much raved about European countryside. As first timers we would like to check out the major local tourist attractions as well.
Would like to get suggestions on which areas would be best during october. We are not into hiking and would be travelling by train.
Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tight Transfer at Gatwick
- 2 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 3 Renting an apt.
- 4 Brussels/Bruges and Berlin in April
- 5 Northern Italy Planner's Block -- Help!
- 6 Best london location to stay?
- 7 14 days in Russia, please help choose day trip out of Moscow/St. Petersburg
- 8 Using magnetic-strip ATM card to withdraw cash from Eurozone ATM
- 9 A guide to Madrid
- 10 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 11 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?
- 12 Affordable language lessons/homestays in France?
- 13 VIGO, SPAIN
- 14 Looking for an agriturismo in Val d'Orcia area
- 15 Best place to base in Côte d'Azûr
- 16 Potential trip - Balkans
- 17 Scotland and northern England
- 18 Things to do round Potes, Picos de Europa
- 19 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 20 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 21 Bus Croatia
- 22 Paris Accomodation, Which District
- 23 Chilling in Iceland (but not yet).
- 24 April in Madrid
- 25 Euro Travel Quiz # 41 - Food for Thought!