I am planning to visit France and Switzerland during the first two weeks of October, along with my husband. It is our first trip to Europe and we are intersted in scenic locations - blue skies, beautiful hills and the much raved about European countryside. As first timers we would like to check out the major local tourist attractions as well.
Would like to get suggestions on which areas would be best during october. We are not into hiking and would be travelling by train.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for travel to Florence and Italy in October/November
- 2 Toll roads in Italy
- 3 Driving from Appenzell to Stein Am Rhein
- 4 What train pass for Paris?
- 5 Munich to Milan via train
- 6 London: Can't walk far. Where should we stay.
- 7 what to do in florence
- 8 Buy back lease program?
- 9 10 days in spain
- 10 Considering change in Mid-Italy itinerary
- 11 Rome Walking Guide
- 12 lake garda or lake como and how many nights
- 13 Has anyone ever booked a Rome food tour with Elizabeth Minchilli?
- 14 Our first trip to Europe
- 15 Puglia, where to stay for 8 days or so
- 16 neighbourhood in Barcelona question
- 17 I want to buy a European flat iron
- 18 Travel in England and Scotland
- 19 RailPass England / Scotland?
- 20 Germany to Austria in 11 days? Help!
- 21 Almafi Coast Vs. French Riviera
- 22 South of France - a big place... looking for advice!
- 23 Bahn.de rail travel in Germany
- 24 Europe Tour. Information of any kind.
- 25 Getting from Venice airport to Venice train station:how long?
Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week