I am planning to visit France and Switzerland during the first two weeks of October, along with my husband. It is our first trip to Europe and we are intersted in scenic locations - blue skies, beautiful hills and the much raved about European countryside. As first timers we would like to check out the major local tourist attractions as well.
Would like to get suggestions on which areas would be best during october. We are not into hiking and would be travelling by train.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best way to see Croatia?
- 2 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 3 Tipping in different situations in Spain
- 4 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 5 3 weeks in Norway and Sweden. Comments, advice please!
- 6 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 7 Help with Colmar on Rhine cruise
- 8 Switzerland in April
- 9 Paris Side Trip: Mont St Michel & Cancale
- 10 Inexpensive Gifts to Bring Back
- 11 Hotel for stay in Montpellier
- 12 Montpellier to Arles
- 13 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 14 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 15 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 16 Berlin to Barcelona
- 17 Flat iron/hair straightener purchase Paris
- 18 Vienna to Bratislava
- 19 Staying on Ile de la Cite
- 20 Crazy Question regarding Flat Iron usage in Europe
- 21 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 22 Venice at Christmas
- 23 Bayeux and environs
- 24 Greenland: Photos of Midnight Sun Iceberg Kayaking
- 25 Rome For 2 days
Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week