We are planning to visit the Burgundy area and finally found a couple houses that we like. We are having trouble choosing between them. We want to be able to drives to places that our kids (2 and 5) would enjoy (lakes, castles, hikes, animal parks), but the attractions are quite spread out. Would anyone be able to advise which of these locations would be better suited?
1. First place is near Lormes, on the Western side of the Morvan, just about 20 mins walk from the town, and seemingly close to a lake
2. The other is in Saint Andreax on the Northern side, about 15km from Avallon (which I understand is a fairly big/interesting town?)
We would like to understand what the differences would be but are having trouble figuring it out! In the end, we want a peaceful, nature-focused vacation with opportunities for a few visits to cool places . Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 verizon@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 tec*h 24/7
- 2 NEED AN URGENT LOAN?
- 3 Iceland france spain
- 4 Ex-pats with young kids
- 5 Maximizing Norway time
- 6 Greece
- 7 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 8 southeast sicily town as home base
- 9 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 10 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 11 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 12 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 13 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 14 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 15 London with Teens Trip Report
- 16 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 17 Top Tapas Tascas
- 18 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 19 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 20 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 21 Iceland car rental agencies
- 22 Ludwig Castles
- 23 Best Viking Sites
- 24 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 25 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question