We are planning to visit the Burgundy area and finally found a couple houses that we like. We are having trouble choosing between them. We want to be able to drives to places that our kids (2 and 5) would enjoy (lakes, castles, hikes, animal parks), but the attractions are quite spread out. Would anyone be able to advise which of these locations would be better suited?
1. First place is near Lormes, on the Western side of the Morvan, just about 20 mins walk from the town, and seemingly close to a lake
2. The other is in Saint Andreax on the Northern side, about 15km from Avallon (which I understand is a fairly big/interesting town?)
We would like to understand what the differences would be but are having trouble figuring it out! In the end, we want a peaceful, nature-focused vacation with opportunities for a few visits to cool places . Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 2 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 3 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 4 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 5 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 6 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 7 Matera tour guide wanted
- 8 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 9 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 10 Service dog
- 11 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 12 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 13 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 14 Scottish National Museum of Rural Life
- 15 Coastal Denmark
- 16 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 17 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 18 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 19 Iceland
- 20 Help with my southern Spain itinerary please!
- 21 croatia and slovenia 29/10 - 06/11
- 22 base for Andalucia
- 23 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 24 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION
- 25 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco