We are planning to visit the Burgundy area and finally found a couple houses that we like. We are having trouble choosing between them. We want to be able to drives to places that our kids (2 and 5) would enjoy (lakes, castles, hikes, animal parks), but the attractions are quite spread out. Would anyone be able to advise which of these locations would be better suited?
1. First place is near Lormes, on the Western side of the Morvan, just about 20 mins walk from the town, and seemingly close to a lake
2. The other is in Saint Andreax on the Northern side, about 15km from Avallon (which I understand is a fairly big/interesting town?)
We would like to understand what the differences would be but are having trouble figuring it out! In the end, we want a peaceful, nature-focused vacation with opportunities for a few visits to cool places . Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 2 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 3 Azores
- 4 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 5 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 6 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 7 Scotland in 7 Days
- 8 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 9 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 10 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 11 Short Trip in July
- 12 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 13 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 14 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 15 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 16 Norway in a Nutshell - Travel Report
- 17 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 18 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 19 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 20 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 21 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 22 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 23 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 24 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 25 Sim Card Options