We are planning to visit the Burgundy area and finally found a couple houses that we like. We are having trouble choosing between them. We want to be able to drives to places that our kids (2 and 5) would enjoy (lakes, castles, hikes, animal parks), but the attractions are quite spread out. Would anyone be able to advise which of these locations would be better suited?
1. First place is near Lormes, on the Western side of the Morvan, just about 20 mins walk from the town, and seemingly close to a lake
2. The other is in Saint Andreax on the Northern side, about 15km from Avallon (which I understand is a fairly big/interesting town?)
We would like to understand what the differences would be but are having trouble figuring it out! In the end, we want a peaceful, nature-focused vacation with opportunities for a few visits to cool places . Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 2 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 3 Tour groups
- 4 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 5 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 6 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 7 Ireland in April
- 8 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 9 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 10 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 11 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 12 So much to do, so little time!
- 13 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 14 Baby Milk
- 15 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 16 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 17 French restaurants
- 18 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 19 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 20 Driving in Italy?
- 21 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 22 Luggage Storage at Barcelona Port
- 23 Super Cover For Hertz
- 24 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 25 Amalfi coast hotel recs