I am travelling to Doolin in the middle of July and I really would like to go to one or more of the Aran islands. I am going by myself and I would like to know whether you think it is more beneficial to visit just one island, or two. I have only one day to spend there and I'm much rather about quality rather than quantity. I want to really have as much of an authentic visit as possible, which I know may be difficult considering it will be July. I think I have unwillingly been put off Inishmore because it is said to have the most tourists. I have worked out with the ferry times that if I were to do two of the islands I would have only one and a half hours on one island and over four on the other which is why I am asking whether it would be worth it to visit one for only an hour and a half.
I hope this all makes sense, and thank you in advance for your replies!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 2 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 3 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 4 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 5 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 6 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 7 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 8 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 9 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 10 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 11 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 12 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 13 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 14 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 15 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 16 Salzburg itinerary review
- 17 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 18 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 19 Milan and Lake Como
- 20 weekend from cologne germany
- 21 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 22 Switzerland in September
- 23 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 24 Where to eat in Rome?
- 25 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?