I am travelling to Doolin in the middle of July and I really would like to go to one or more of the Aran islands. I am going by myself and I would like to know whether you think it is more beneficial to visit just one island, or two. I have only one day to spend there and I'm much rather about quality rather than quantity. I want to really have as much of an authentic visit as possible, which I know may be difficult considering it will be July. I think I have unwillingly been put off Inishmore because it is said to have the most tourists. I have worked out with the ferry times that if I were to do two of the islands I would have only one and a half hours on one island and over four on the other which is why I am asking whether it would be worth it to visit one for only an hour and a half.
I hope this all makes sense, and thank you in advance for your replies!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 2 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 3 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 4 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 5 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 6 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 7 Perugia
- 8 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 9 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 10 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 11 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 12 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 13 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 14 Praiano
- 15 No Periods in British Written English!
- 16 St Denis Cathedral
- 17 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 18 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 19 Family vacation to europe
- 20 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 21 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 22 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 23 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 24 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 25 Proposed itinerary for Iceland