I am travelling to Doolin in the middle of July and I really would like to go to one or more of the Aran islands. I am going by myself and I would like to know whether you think it is more beneficial to visit just one island, or two. I have only one day to spend there and I'm much rather about quality rather than quantity. I want to really have as much of an authentic visit as possible, which I know may be difficult considering it will be July. I think I have unwillingly been put off Inishmore because it is said to have the most tourists. I have worked out with the ferry times that if I were to do two of the islands I would have only one and a half hours on one island and over four on the other which is why I am asking whether it would be worth it to visit one for only an hour and a half.
I hope this all makes sense, and thank you in advance for your replies!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 2 Valencia, Spain
- 3 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 4 Visit to Engand
- 5 Clean up spam
- 6 Restaurant recommendation for Sunday lunch
- 7 Meaning of BSB as type of German train/bus
- 8 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 9 Restaurants in Spain
- 10 Hurtigruten port suggestion
- 11 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 12 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 13 Is Sicily Safe?
- 14 credit and debit cards
- 15 Gardens & GTGs
- 16 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 17 Transportation Question Italy
- 18 Car rental help in Sicily
- 19 Need final tweaks on Greece trip and restaurant recs!
- 20 Stu Tower
- 21 Is Mittenwald a good base for outdoor activities, etc?
- 22 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 23 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 24 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 25 Madeira-anyone been recently?