I am travelling to Doolin in the middle of July and I really would like to go to one or more of the Aran islands. I am going by myself and I would like to know whether you think it is more beneficial to visit just one island, or two. I have only one day to spend there and I'm much rather about quality rather than quantity. I want to really have as much of an authentic visit as possible, which I know may be difficult considering it will be July. I think I have unwillingly been put off Inishmore because it is said to have the most tourists. I have worked out with the ferry times that if I were to do two of the islands I would have only one and a half hours on one island and over four on the other which is why I am asking whether it would be worth it to visit one for only an hour and a half.
I hope this all makes sense, and thank you in advance for your replies!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 2 9 Days in Spain
- 3 Barcelona alternative
- 4 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 5 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 6 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 9 Paris to Italy
- 10 Driving through Paris
- 11 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 12 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 13 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 14 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 15 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 Road trip with our dog
- 18 Frankfurt to UK
- 19 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 20 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 21 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 22 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 23 Electrical Power Conversion
- 24 Douro Valley in January?
- 25 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?