We are in the initial stages of planning a 2-week trip to Italy in October. The first week we'd base somewhere in Tuscany, train directly to Positano (w/o car) for the second week, and then leave from Rome to return home. Which airport (Milan, Florence, or Rome)would be better for Tuscan arrival? After we arrive at airport, we would like to travel by train to our destination in Tuscany (undecided at this point) and rent the car there in order to avoid major highways. We would then drop off car and travel by train/bus to Positano. Any suggestions would be appeciated. (New to this forum and LOVE it!)
Best airport for Tuscany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 one last portugal car rental question
- 2 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 3 RentalCars.com: Is it a reliable company?
- 4 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 5 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 6 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 7 hotels in Seville
- 8 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 9 European neo-nazis head Ukraine to save the white power
- 10 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 11 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 12 A drive in Europe
- 13 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 14 Prague - Tram #22
- 15 nearby cities to london
- 16 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 17 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 18 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 19 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 20 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 21 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 22 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 23 Rafting with Extreme Waves!
- 24 Porto -City Break
- 25 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice