We're getting very granular in the Britain trip planning for June 2016, down to the last few bits of the itinerary. We are now trying to decide on where to go for one night between Hadrian's Wall and Glasgow. I welcome your thoughts on the following draft:
Days #6,7,8: Hadrian's Wall: already reserved at Ashcroft B&B, do intensive exploration of Black Bull Pub; Vindolanda; Housesteads; Roman Army Museum; Hexham and the Abbey
9:00 am or so: drive to Alnwick
12:00 noon: visit Alnwick castle and gardens
3:00 pm: drive to Bamburgh Castle, visit, walk on beach
5:00 pm: drive to Berwick-upon-Tweed, stay the night - not yet reserved
morning: explore Berwick
2:00 pm: drive to Dryburgh Abbey
4:00 pm: drive to Traquair
5:00 pm: arrive in Traquair - already reserved for two nights
6:00 pm: dinner in Innerleithen??
morning: explore Traquair and house brewery and maze
afternoon: go to Melrose Abbey, Abbotsford, maybe something else depending...
7:00 pm: reserved dinner at Traquair YESSSSS
We have reserved three nights in Haltwhistle at the Ashcroft B&B, which comes highly recommended. Very nice owners, have already exchanged emails with them. But...wondering whether it might be worth two nights in Berwick, taking one night away from Haltwhistle. If we decide to do this I would need the okay of the Ashcroft folks to cut back one night, and I already feel guilt-ridden at the prospect of requesting a change. But maybe this early it's not an issue. Anyway, your thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 2 House Hunting in France
- 3 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 4 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 5 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 6 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 7 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 8 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 9 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 10 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 11 Sicily
- 12 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 13 Rota Vicentina hike report October 2014
- 14 Hotel in Vienna
- 15 If you had to choose one......
- 16 Car rental from Barcelona
- 17 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 18 Itinerary Tweaking
- 19 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 20 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 21 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 22 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 23 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 24 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 25 Ireland in April