We're getting very granular in the Britain trip planning for June 2016, down to the last few bits of the itinerary. We are now trying to decide on where to go for one night between Hadrian's Wall and Glasgow. I welcome your thoughts on the following draft:
Days #6,7,8: Hadrian's Wall: already reserved at Ashcroft B&B, do intensive exploration of Black Bull Pub; Vindolanda; Housesteads; Roman Army Museum; Hexham and the Abbey
9:00 am or so: drive to Alnwick
12:00 noon: visit Alnwick castle and gardens
3:00 pm: drive to Bamburgh Castle, visit, walk on beach
5:00 pm: drive to Berwick-upon-Tweed, stay the night - not yet reserved
morning: explore Berwick
2:00 pm: drive to Dryburgh Abbey
4:00 pm: drive to Traquair
5:00 pm: arrive in Traquair - already reserved for two nights
6:00 pm: dinner in Innerleithen??
morning: explore Traquair and house brewery and maze
afternoon: go to Melrose Abbey, Abbotsford, maybe something else depending...
7:00 pm: reserved dinner at Traquair YESSSSS
We have reserved three nights in Haltwhistle at the Ashcroft B&B, which comes highly recommended. Very nice owners, have already exchanged emails with them. But...wondering whether it might be worth two nights in Berwick, taking one night away from Haltwhistle. If we decide to do this I would need the okay of the Ashcroft folks to cut back one night, and I already feel guilt-ridden at the prospect of requesting a change. But maybe this early it's not an issue. Anyway, your thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 2 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 3 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 4 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 5 Thinking about the Fjords
- 6 Athens Help
- 7 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 8 Rome to Venice
- 9 Alitala
- 10 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 11 Bordeaux to Nice
- 12 Whathello Paris
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 15 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 16 One free day in Barcelona
- 17 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 18 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 19 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 20 Aix-en-Provence for a day
- 21 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 22 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 23 Travel in Europe
- 24 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 25 Possible French strike on 9/21