We are planning a trip to revisit parts of Switzerland and Italy. One of the things we want to do is ride the Bernina Express. We also plan to spend a few days in the Lake Como area. We can either fly into Zurich or Milan and will depart from Rome . We are thinking of staying 2 nights in Varenna and 2 nights somewhere in Switzerland on the BE route, perhaps St. Moritz or Pontresina. It seems to make more sense to fly into Zurich and work our way down to Lake Como rather than the other way. What is the travel time between St. Moritz and Varenna on the BE? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Bernina Express and Lake Como
View all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Week European Itinerary
- 2 To Paris and Provence in June
- 3 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 4 How much time to allow from ETA at LHR for car service booking?
- 5 Dresden Train Station
- 6 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 7 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 8 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 9 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 10 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 11 Euro Train
- 12 Channel Islands
- 13 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 14 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 15 Chambermaid tipping
- 16 TGV and Provence questions
- 17 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 18 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 19 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 20 London for Christmas
- 21 Family European winter holiday
- 22 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 23 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 24 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 25 Rome Accommodation