I am considering a 4 to 5 day trip to the Bernese Oberland. I'm going to fly in from Zurich. I want to visit the Schiltorn and see Gimmelwald, Murren, Wengen etc; basically to get as close up into the alps and see the scenery as I can. I don't ski and plan to do general hiking/walking. The places I've mentioned are just those I've read about but hope they cover the best of what this area offers. I'm also thinking of going in September and was wondering if this is a particularly good time to go. I just need some help with piecing this together i.e. where to stay/base myself and where to start. Money is not no object! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Staying in Ventimiglia vs France
- 2 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 3 WORLD'S TRUSTED NO. 1 SPELL CASTER+27791897218 PROFESSOR SIPHO
- 4 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 5 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 6 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 7 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 8 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 9 Paris Under Seige...
- 10 St. Petersburg: Gosh, it's expensive
- 11 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 12 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 13 Liberty print dresses in London?
- 14 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 15 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 16 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 17 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 18 Private transportation
- 19 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome
- 20 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 21 Oct vs Nov for Greece
- 22 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 23 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 24 Lufth on strike 26-28 nov
- 25 Global Travel Warning...