I am considering a 4 to 5 day trip to the Bernese Oberland. I'm going to fly in from Zurich. I want to visit the Schiltorn and see Gimmelwald, Murren, Wengen etc; basically to get as close up into the alps and see the scenery as I can. I don't ski and plan to do general hiking/walking. The places I've mentioned are just those I've read about but hope they cover the best of what this area offers. I'm also thinking of going in September and was wondering if this is a particularly good time to go. I just need some help with piecing this together i.e. where to stay/base myself and where to start. Money is not no object! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budget family trip to Europe
- 2 By train to and out of Prague
- 3 Dining at the Eiffel Tower: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant Review
- 4 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 5 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 6 Scuol, Switzerland
- 7 Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report
- 8 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 9 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 10 Lake Como transportation questions
- 11 Scotland- Edinburgh
- 12 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 13 All Set To Go!!
- 14 Honeymoon in Provence - 14 day itinerary help please
- 15 Pasteurized Cheese in Paris
- 16 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 17 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 18 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 19 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 20 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 21 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 22 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 23 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 24 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 25 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona