I am considering a 4 to 5 day trip to the Bernese Oberland. I'm going to fly in from Zurich. I want to visit the Schiltorn and see Gimmelwald, Murren, Wengen etc; basically to get as close up into the alps and see the scenery as I can. I don't ski and plan to do general hiking/walking. The places I've mentioned are just those I've read about but hope they cover the best of what this area offers. I'm also thinking of going in September and was wondering if this is a particularly good time to go. I just need some help with piecing this together i.e. where to stay/base myself and where to start. Money is not no object! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 2 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 3 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 4 Back from Paris
- 5 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 6 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 7 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 8 Summer Travel order
- 9 10 days in Paris and......
- 10 Another tipping question: concierges
- 11 Brugge hotel help
- 12 Luggage Storage
- 13 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 14 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 15 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 16 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 17 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 18 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 19 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 20 LIsbon
- 21 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 22 International Flight Question
- 23 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 24 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 25 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking