I am considering a 4 to 5 day trip to the Bernese Oberland. I'm going to fly in from Zurich. I want to visit the Schiltorn and see Gimmelwald, Murren, Wengen etc; basically to get as close up into the alps and see the scenery as I can. I don't ski and plan to do general hiking/walking. The places I've mentioned are just those I've read about but hope they cover the best of what this area offers. I'm also thinking of going in September and was wondering if this is a particularly good time to go. I just need some help with piecing this together i.e. where to stay/base myself and where to start. Money is not no object! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 2 3 nights in Madrid
- 3 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 4 Personalised Experiences for Tourists
- 5 Personalised Experiences for Tourists
- 6 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 7 ATM
- 8 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 9 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 10 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 11 London 6 day itinerary
- 12 London Hotel - Different Request
- 13 Portugal rental car
- 14 Iceland trip report!
- 15 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 16 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 17 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 18 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 19 alcazar question and seville advice
- 20 Bernese Oberland
- 21 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon
- 22 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 23 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 24 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 25 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands