I am considering a 4 to 5 day trip to the Bernese Oberland. I'm going to fly in from Zurich. I want to visit the Schiltorn and see Gimmelwald, Murren, Wengen etc; basically to get as close up into the alps and see the scenery as I can. I don't ski and plan to do general hiking/walking. The places I've mentioned are just those I've read about but hope they cover the best of what this area offers. I'm also thinking of going in September and was wondering if this is a particularly good time to go. I just need some help with piecing this together i.e. where to stay/base myself and where to start. Money is not no object! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 2 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 3 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 4 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 5 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 6 Cinqueterre
- 7 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 8 London lodging 3 adults 3 kids (7,11,13)
- 9 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 10 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 11 Road trip Italy
- 12 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 13 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 14 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 15 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 16 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 17 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 18 Hilton CPH no loner
- 19 travel around Spain
- 20 Scotland Trip Report
- 21 French Wedding
- 22 Best way to walk up Gianicolo hill Rome
- 23 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 24 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 25 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones