I am considering a 4 to 5 day trip to the Bernese Oberland. I'm going to fly in from Zurich. I want to visit the Schiltorn and see Gimmelwald, Murren, Wengen etc; basically to get as close up into the alps and see the scenery as I can. I don't ski and plan to do general hiking/walking. The places I've mentioned are just those I've read about but hope they cover the best of what this area offers. I'm also thinking of going in September and was wondering if this is a particularly good time to go. I just need some help with piecing this together i.e. where to stay/base myself and where to start. Money is not no object! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 3 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 4 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 5 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017
- 6 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 7 Paris to Bordeaux
- 8 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 9 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 10 Andalucia Spain
- 11 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 12 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 13 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 14 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 15 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 16 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 17 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 18 Barcelona - places to stay
- 19 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 20 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 21 Christmas Markets 2017
- 22 Language to use in Belgium
- 23 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 24 Istanbul at Easter
- 25 Palermo Apartment