I am considering a 4 to 5 day trip to the Bernese Oberland. I'm going to fly in from Zurich. I want to visit the Schiltorn and see Gimmelwald, Murren, Wengen etc; basically to get as close up into the alps and see the scenery as I can. I don't ski and plan to do general hiking/walking. The places I've mentioned are just those I've read about but hope they cover the best of what this area offers. I'm also thinking of going in September and was wondering if this is a particularly good time to go. I just need some help with piecing this together i.e. where to stay/base myself and where to start. Money is not no object! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 2 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 3 One free day in Barcelona
- 4 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 5 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 6 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 7 Whathello Paris
- 8 Aix-en-Provence for a day
- 9 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 10 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 11 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 12 Bordeaux to Nice
- 13 Travel in Europe
- 14 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 15 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 16 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 17 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 18 Athens Help
- 19 Crete Holiday
- 20 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 21 Rome to Venice
- 22 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 23 November in Rome
- 24 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 25 Granada in April; add Malaga?