I am considering a 4 to 5 day trip to the Bernese Oberland. I'm going to fly in from Zurich. I want to visit the Schiltorn and see Gimmelwald, Murren, Wengen etc; basically to get as close up into the alps and see the scenery as I can. I don't ski and plan to do general hiking/walking. The places I've mentioned are just those I've read about but hope they cover the best of what this area offers. I'm also thinking of going in September and was wondering if this is a particularly good time to go. I just need some help with piecing this together i.e. where to stay/base myself and where to start. Money is not no object! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal epidemic warning (November 2014)!
- 2 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 3 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 4 Day trips from Lisbon
- 5 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 6 Italian Lakes
- 7 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 8 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 9 3 weeks (actually 20 nights!) in Spain
- 10 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 11 Olive oil disaster in 2014
- 12 No Pooh in Poland
- 13 Another Paris apartment and Navigo Dcouverte thread
- 14 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 15 Help with a short post-cruise stay in (potentially) Sorrento
- 16 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 17 Venice/Rome/Florence/London
- 18 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 19 Taormina Sicily
- 20 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 21 Which West & East European Countries give the best bang for the buck?
- 22 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 23 So that is why German hotels have such expensive WIFI
- 24 Naxos in May
- 25 European Travel websites