I am considering a 4 to 5 day trip to the Bernese Oberland. I'm going to fly in from Zurich. I want to visit the Schiltorn and see Gimmelwald, Murren, Wengen etc; basically to get as close up into the alps and see the scenery as I can. I don't ski and plan to do general hiking/walking. The places I've mentioned are just those I've read about but hope they cover the best of what this area offers. I'm also thinking of going in September and was wondering if this is a particularly good time to go. I just need some help with piecing this together i.e. where to stay/base myself and where to start. Money is not no object! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Picos de Europa - Need advice please
- 2 Oviedo, Aviles or Gijon
- 3 Which swiss alps to visit? First time to Switzerland
- 4 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 5 Mama Mia Italy!
- 6 Lisbon, Porto and Southern Galicia Costal region
- 7 Train from Le Havre to Paris
- 8 travel to western Europe from India
- 9 Trying to find food items from Rome
- 10 Milestone Birthday Trip-Where Would You Go?
- 11 Scotland on a farm by horse?
- 12 Hotel des Grandes Ecoles, Paris
- 13 Help with Central/ Eastern Europe
- 14 Germany -- with Reformation emphasis
- 15 Cordoba-Granada itinerary
- 16 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 17 Late night train from Prague
- 18 Matera and Puglia by public transportation: Bus, train, driver
- 19 4 Days in Paris: Sample Itinerary for First Trip There
- 20 I'm in a funk
- 21 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 22 We will be stranded in Iceland for 17 hours!
- 23 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 24 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 25 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!