I am considering a 4 to 5 day trip to the Bernese Oberland. I'm going to fly in from Zurich. I want to visit the Schiltorn and see Gimmelwald, Murren, Wengen etc; basically to get as close up into the alps and see the scenery as I can. I don't ski and plan to do general hiking/walking. The places I've mentioned are just those I've read about but hope they cover the best of what this area offers. I'm also thinking of going in September and was wondering if this is a particularly good time to go. I just need some help with piecing this together i.e. where to stay/base myself and where to start. Money is not no object! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 2 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 3 A drive in Europe
- 4 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 5 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 6 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 7 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 8 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 9 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 10 Europe in 21 days
- 11 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 12 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 13 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 14 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 15 Munich to Lyon (10 nights) --- help needed with itinerary please
- 16 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 17 UK for 12 days !
- 18 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 19 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 20 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 21 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 22 London hotel
- 23 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 24 Your Advice: Bosphorus Cruise. Ortakoy and Dolmabahce Palace
- 25 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon