I am considering a 4 to 5 day trip to the Bernese Oberland. I'm going to fly in from Zurich. I want to visit the Schiltorn and see Gimmelwald, Murren, Wengen etc; basically to get as close up into the alps and see the scenery as I can. I don't ski and plan to do general hiking/walking. The places I've mentioned are just those I've read about but hope they cover the best of what this area offers. I'm also thinking of going in September and was wondering if this is a particularly good time to go. I just need some help with piecing this together i.e. where to stay/base myself and where to start. Money is not no object! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 2 what to bring to Finland - gifts from California
- 3 Fashion for larger man?
- 4 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 5 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 6 London 2nd time around
- 7 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 8 Traveling in France by train
- 9 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 10 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 11 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 12 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 13 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 14 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 15 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 16 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 17 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 18 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 19 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 20 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 21 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 22 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 23 Sicily - not a trip report
- 24 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 25 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?