I'm starting to think about my plans for next year and I think I'd like to visit the Berner Oberland area of Switzerland and then into the Italian lakes region. With the two climates being vastly different, when would you recommend the best time to visit? We are flexible. I am interested in hiking and sight seeing in Switzerland with a home base probably in Lauterbrunnen and then we'll drive down to Bellagio. I'd like to avoid the crowds of high summer. My thoughts were the end of May into early June?
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track
- 2 Thinking about the Fjords
- 3 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 4 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 5 Where to eat in Rome?
- 6 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 7 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 8 barcelona neighborhood
- 9 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 10 Poland to Austria In December
- 11 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 12 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 13 Best Neck Pillow
- 14 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 15 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 16 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 17 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 18 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 19 Tracking the Weather
- 20 Italy travel plan help
- 21 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 22 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 23 Alsace to Austria?
- 24 road trip through scotland
- 25 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel