I'm starting to think about my plans for next year and I think I'd like to visit the Berner Oberland area of Switzerland and then into the Italian lakes region. With the two climates being vastly different, when would you recommend the best time to visit? We are flexible. I am interested in hiking and sight seeing in Switzerland with a home base probably in Lauterbrunnen and then we'll drive down to Bellagio. I'd like to avoid the crowds of high summer. My thoughts were the end of May into early June?
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 4 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 5 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 6 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 7 where to stay in London?
- 8 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 9 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 10 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 11 Flamenco in October
- 12 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 13 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 14 4 days itinerary for France
- 15 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 16 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 17 getting to CDG
- 18 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 19 A Month stay in Southern France
- 20 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 21 Revised itinerary for italy
- 22 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 23 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 24 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 25 Hotel in Vienna