I'm starting to think about my plans for next year and I think I'd like to visit the Berner Oberland area of Switzerland and then into the Italian lakes region. With the two climates being vastly different, when would you recommend the best time to visit? We are flexible. I am interested in hiking and sight seeing in Switzerland with a home base probably in Lauterbrunnen and then we'll drive down to Bellagio. I'd like to avoid the crowds of high summer. My thoughts were the end of May into early June?
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 2 Prague itinerary advice
- 3 Ireland
- 4 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 5 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 6 Ideas for driving from Barcelona to Bordeaux
- 7 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 8 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 9 Best soft sand beaches, Ischia
- 10 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 11 10 day Italy
- 12 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 13 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 14 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 15 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 16 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 17 Planning a European Trip
- 18 France, UK and Ireland
- 19 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 20 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 21 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 22 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 23 What do after Bernia Express?
- 24 No Periods in British Written English!
- 25 Does Mannedorf exist?