My friends and I are planning for Euro trip in Nov. This is our first Euro trip. We are so excited and have planned some of the places we want to visit, however, we are still have lots of uncertainties. We would like to get your kind help for below queries, pls:
We are coming from Paris and then Lyon and then Bern. We will stay in Bern for 5nights.
Below is our itinerary:
1) Day1 - we will reach Bern at night, so there is nothing much we can do.
2) Day2 - Bern city tour. Not sure if we should go to nearby town for sightseeing or just stay in Bern will do. We are more to sightseeing\historical building\nature lover. Not museum.
3) Day3 - we would like to visit Mt Rigi.
a) From Bern, we would like to visit Lucerne (visit the chapel), then continue to Mt Rigi. Which route should we take best? Or maybe we can visit Lucerne on the way back from Mt Rigi?
b) How long the journey from Bern to Mt Rigi?
c) What time we should reach Mt Rigi?
d) Any other nice place nearby Mt Rigi worth to visit?
4) Day4 - we would like to visit Jungfraujoch
a) From Bern, we would like to visit Interlaken (maybe just to visit the lake area), then continue to Jungfrau. Which route should we take best? Or maybe we can visit Interlaken on the way back from Jungfrau?
b) How long the journey from Bern to Jungfrau?
c) What time we should reach Jungfrau?
d) We would like to visit Grindelwald at the same time, would it be enough time for a day trip?
5) Day5 - no plan yet
a) This is just a buffer day for us, in case weather doesn't allow us to visit the mountains. But we would like to get suggestion from you if there is any other place we could visit?
Another questions would be:
1) Should we buy Swiss Travel Pass or individual passes to go from one point to another point above?
2) We are going to Munich after Bern. My question is if we'd like to enjoy a scenic view of the mountains\villages, what transport should we take? bus or train? any specific route? how much and how long the journey?
Awaiting for your kind response. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 2 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 3 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 4 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 5 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 6 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 7 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 8 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 9 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 10 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 11 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 12 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 13 Sim Card Options
- 14 Greek Islands (small)
- 15 38 Days in Paris
- 16 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 17 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 18 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 19 Day trip ideas
- 20 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 21 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 22 Santorini - Fira/Oia options
- 23 Help with hotels in Santorini
- 24 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 25 roaming Prague...but for how long?