My friends and I are planning for Euro trip in Nov. This is our first Euro trip. We are so excited and have planned some of the places we want to visit, however, we are still have lots of uncertainties. We would like to get your kind help for below queries, pls:
We are coming from Paris and then Lyon and then Bern. We will stay in Bern for 5nights.
Below is our itinerary:
1) Day1 - we will reach Bern at night, so there is nothing much we can do.
2) Day2 - Bern city tour. Not sure if we should go to nearby town for sightseeing or just stay in Bern will do. We are more to sightseeing\historical building\nature lover. Not museum.
3) Day3 - we would like to visit Mt Rigi.
a) From Bern, we would like to visit Lucerne (visit the chapel), then continue to Mt Rigi. Which route should we take best? Or maybe we can visit Lucerne on the way back from Mt Rigi?
b) How long the journey from Bern to Mt Rigi?
c) What time we should reach Mt Rigi?
d) Any other nice place nearby Mt Rigi worth to visit?
4) Day4 - we would like to visit Jungfraujoch
a) From Bern, we would like to visit Interlaken (maybe just to visit the lake area), then continue to Jungfrau. Which route should we take best? Or maybe we can visit Interlaken on the way back from Jungfrau?
b) How long the journey from Bern to Jungfrau?
c) What time we should reach Jungfrau?
d) We would like to visit Grindelwald at the same time, would it be enough time for a day trip?
5) Day5 - no plan yet
a) This is just a buffer day for us, in case weather doesn't allow us to visit the mountains. But we would like to get suggestion from you if there is any other place we could visit?
Another questions would be:
1) Should we buy Swiss Travel Pass or individual passes to go from one point to another point above?
2) We are going to Munich after Bern. My question is if we'd like to enjoy a scenic view of the mountains\villages, what transport should we take? bus or train? any specific route? how much and how long the journey?
Awaiting for your kind response. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 2 Amsterdam hotels
- 3 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 4 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 5 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 6 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 7 Europe itinerary questions
- 8 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 9 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 10 Brugge hotel help
- 11 Old European currency
- 12 Denmark or Sweden?
- 13 Five night Ireland Trip
- 14 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 15 Paris hotels
- 16 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 17 London Hotels
- 18 10 days in Paris and......
- 19 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 20 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 21 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 22 1 month in Europe
- 23 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 24 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 25 Intercity Notte training boarding time