I am trying to determine the best location to pick up a car. We are a party of 6 that will rent a mid-size van on our departure from Berlin headed toward Dassel. We are staying at the Circus Apartments located at Choriner Strasse 84, in the heart of the city (according to Tripadvisor). Would it be best to find the nearest car rental, or take the train to a more south-west area of the city and rent a car from there? We have driven in Italy and Ireland, so do have some experience there. Still, the easier, the better! I suppose a car rental company that is also reputable and good to work with is important in making this decision as well. Our German family suggests Europcar or Avis. (Drop off will be at the Munich airport location on Sept. 26; that decision is easy.) Any suggestions? Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.7supplements.org/peak-test-xtreme/
- 2 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 3 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 4 Azores
- 5 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 6 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 7 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 8 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 9 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 10 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 11 Short Trip in July
- 12 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 13 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 14 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 15 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 16 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 17 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 18 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 19 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 20 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 21 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 22 Sim Card Options
- 23 Greek Islands (small)
- 24 38 Days in Paris
- 25 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
Berlin-rental car pickup-which location best from Circus Apts?