I am trying to determine the best location to pick up a car. We are a party of 6 that will rent a mid-size van on our departure from Berlin headed toward Dassel. We are staying at the Circus Apartments located at Choriner Strasse 84, in the heart of the city (according to Tripadvisor). Would it be best to find the nearest car rental, or take the train to a more south-west area of the city and rent a car from there? We have driven in Italy and Ireland, so do have some experience there. Still, the easier, the better! I suppose a car rental company that is also reputable and good to work with is important in making this decision as well. Our German family suggests Europcar or Avis. (Drop off will be at the Munich airport location on Sept. 26; that decision is easy.) Any suggestions? Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 2 Cinqueterre
- 3 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 4 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 5 Swiss Pass
- 6 2 weeks in Germany – itinerary sanity check
- 7 YIKES!
- 8 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 9 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 10 Trip to Ireland in September
- 11 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 12 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 13 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 14 Best Car Rental - Dublin Drop of Shannon
- 15 Final Four
- 16 Next Spring: Copenhagen and ???
- 17 Charming areas to explore in London
- 18 Cornwall UK
- 19 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?
- 20 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 21 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 22 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 23 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 24 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 25 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
Berlin-rental car pickup-which location best from Circus Apts?