We are travelling from Berlin to Potsdam for a day trip in mid August. Our hotel in Berlin is near Checkpoint Charlie, and we would ideally like to be on a train to Potsdam at around 9:30am (our tickets for Schloss Sansoucci are for midday, and we would like to get breakfast in Potsdam first).
I'm getting a bit confused by the rail network on how to get there. From what i'm reading, i see that we need to catch the S7 line. We are hoping to catch this from Friedrichstrasse train station in Berlin. My question is, are we able to catch this the entire way from Berlin - Potsdam, or will we have to stop in Wannse and switch to a DB train from Wannse to Potsdam (i can see on some instructions that the Berlin city limit stops at Wannse, and i was wondering if the trains therefore stop there as well).
I'm assuming buying the tickets will be as simple as using one of the ticket machines in the station. Are the directions really clear to which platform we will need to wait on? We are novices at catching trains in Europe, and it's a huge fear of mine that we will end up on the wrong train.
Thanks for any advice that you are able to give us!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 2 One free day in Barcelona
- 3 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 4 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 5 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 6 Greek Village
- 7 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 10 Sicily help
- 11 PARIS
- 12 Athens Help
- 13 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 14 "Too Much Cows"
- 15 Bordeaux to Nice
- 16 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 17 Thinking about the Fjords
- 18 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 19 Rome -- The next time around
- 20 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 21 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 22 Rome to Venice
- 23 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 24 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 25 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?