I'm trying to make some final decisions regarding our upcoming family trip (parents and 2 teenagers) to Europe in Jan-Feb 2013. It's been really hard to decide whether we should visit Munich or Berlin, and I want to allocate 3-4 days for either one or the other. It'll be our first time in Germany -we'll be flying from Budapest- and we would really like to get to know the main sights it offers for a first-time visitor.
Considering that it's going to be winter-time, do you think that makes one of the cities a better place to visit? Our main interests include historic sites, some museums, WW II places, but we would also like to do some shopping and enjoy walking around the city center. Given our limited time, I don't think we'll have enough time for a day-trip. Maybe if we chose Berlin I could consider going to Potsdam, but is it really nice to visit when it's likely to be really cold and snowy?
On the other hand, if we chose Munich, is it possible (and recommended) to visit some of the old towns nearby?
I've done a lot of research but still can't make up my mind...any suggestions, recommendations about which of the cities we should choose would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinery help Crete
- 2 NORTON Installation CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT 24*7
- 3 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 4 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 5 London Hotel - Different Request
- 6 alcazar question and seville advice
- 7 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 8 London 6 day itinerary
- 9 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 10 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 11 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 12 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 13 Iceland trip report!
- 14 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 15 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 16 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 17 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 18 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 19 Seville to Cordoba
- 20 3 nights in Madrid
- 21 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 22 What route for Reykjanes Peninsula?
- 23 Nightlife in Rome (Alone)
- 24 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 25 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres