I'm trying to make some final decisions regarding our upcoming family trip (parents and 2 teenagers) to Europe in Jan-Feb 2013. It's been really hard to decide whether we should visit Munich or Berlin, and I want to allocate 3-4 days for either one or the other. It'll be our first time in Germany -we'll be flying from Budapest- and we would really like to get to know the main sights it offers for a first-time visitor.
Considering that it's going to be winter-time, do you think that makes one of the cities a better place to visit? Our main interests include historic sites, some museums, WW II places, but we would also like to do some shopping and enjoy walking around the city center. Given our limited time, I don't think we'll have enough time for a day-trip. Maybe if we chose Berlin I could consider going to Potsdam, but is it really nice to visit when it's likely to be really cold and snowy?
On the other hand, if we chose Munich, is it possible (and recommended) to visit some of the old towns nearby?
I've done a lot of research but still can't make up my mind...any suggestions, recommendations about which of the cities we should choose would be great!
Berlin OR Munich? Feb-2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 2 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 3 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 4 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 5 train to Vernon France
- 6 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 7 A drive in Europe
- 8 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 9 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 10 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 11 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 12 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 13 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 14 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 15 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 16 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 17 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 18 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 19 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 20 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 21 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 22 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 23 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 24 nearby cities to london
- 25 Hotel in Venice