I'm trying to make some final decisions regarding our upcoming family trip (parents and 2 teenagers) to Europe in Jan-Feb 2013. It's been really hard to decide whether we should visit Munich or Berlin, and I want to allocate 3-4 days for either one or the other. It'll be our first time in Germany -we'll be flying from Budapest- and we would really like to get to know the main sights it offers for a first-time visitor.
Considering that it's going to be winter-time, do you think that makes one of the cities a better place to visit? Our main interests include historic sites, some museums, WW II places, but we would also like to do some shopping and enjoy walking around the city center. Given our limited time, I don't think we'll have enough time for a day-trip. Maybe if we chose Berlin I could consider going to Potsdam, but is it really nice to visit when it's likely to be really cold and snowy?
On the other hand, if we chose Munich, is it possible (and recommended) to visit some of the old towns nearby?
I've done a lot of research but still can't make up my mind...any suggestions, recommendations about which of the cities we should choose would be great!
Berlin OR Munich? Feb-2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fashion for larger man?
- 2 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 3 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 4 Traveling in France by train
- 5 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 6 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 7 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 8 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 9 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 10 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 11 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 12 What to wear
- 13 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 14 what to bring to Finland - gifts from California
- 15 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 16 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 17 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 18 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 19 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 20 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 21 Croatia: Advice on 6 day itinery
- 22 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 23 London 2nd time around
- 24 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 25 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.