I'm trying to make some final decisions regarding our upcoming family trip (parents and 2 teenagers) to Europe in Jan-Feb 2013. It's been really hard to decide whether we should visit Munich or Berlin, and I want to allocate 3-4 days for either one or the other. It'll be our first time in Germany -we'll be flying from Budapest- and we would really like to get to know the main sights it offers for a first-time visitor.
Considering that it's going to be winter-time, do you think that makes one of the cities a better place to visit? Our main interests include historic sites, some museums, WW II places, but we would also like to do some shopping and enjoy walking around the city center. Given our limited time, I don't think we'll have enough time for a day-trip. Maybe if we chose Berlin I could consider going to Potsdam, but is it really nice to visit when it's likely to be really cold and snowy?
On the other hand, if we chose Munich, is it possible (and recommended) to visit some of the old towns nearby?
I've done a lot of research but still can't make up my mind...any suggestions, recommendations about which of the cities we should choose would be great!
Berlin OR Munich? Feb-2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 2 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 3 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 4 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 5 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 6 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 7 Ireland or Scotland
- 8 I dream of Europe
- 9 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 10 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 11 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 12 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 13 Budgeting - how long can I last!
- 14 Last minute trip in Europe 25th Oct - 2nd Nov, interested in joining?
- 15 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 16 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 17 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 18 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 19 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 20 Autumn in Paris
- 21 Weekend in Norfolk
- 22 Athens at New Years
- 23 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 24 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 25 Cotswold Churches