I'm trying to make some final decisions regarding our upcoming family trip (parents and 2 teenagers) to Europe in Jan-Feb 2013. It's been really hard to decide whether we should visit Munich or Berlin, and I want to allocate 3-4 days for either one or the other. It'll be our first time in Germany -we'll be flying from Budapest- and we would really like to get to know the main sights it offers for a first-time visitor.
Considering that it's going to be winter-time, do you think that makes one of the cities a better place to visit? Our main interests include historic sites, some museums, WW II places, but we would also like to do some shopping and enjoy walking around the city center. Given our limited time, I don't think we'll have enough time for a day-trip. Maybe if we chose Berlin I could consider going to Potsdam, but is it really nice to visit when it's likely to be really cold and snowy?
On the other hand, if we chose Munich, is it possible (and recommended) to visit some of the old towns nearby?
I've done a lot of research but still can't make up my mind...any suggestions, recommendations about which of the cities we should choose would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Denis Cathedral
- 2 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 3 Ireland itinerary help please
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 6 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 7 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 8 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 9 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 10 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 11 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 12 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 13 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 14 First time in Bulgaria
- 15 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 16 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 17 Alps Drive
- 18 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 19 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 20 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 21 Paris cooking classes
- 22 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 23 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 24 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 25 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?