I'm trying to make some final decisions regarding our upcoming family trip (parents and 2 teenagers) to Europe in Jan-Feb 2013. It's been really hard to decide whether we should visit Munich or Berlin, and I want to allocate 3-4 days for either one or the other. It'll be our first time in Germany -we'll be flying from Budapest- and we would really like to get to know the main sights it offers for a first-time visitor.
Considering that it's going to be winter-time, do you think that makes one of the cities a better place to visit? Our main interests include historic sites, some museums, WW II places, but we would also like to do some shopping and enjoy walking around the city center. Given our limited time, I don't think we'll have enough time for a day-trip. Maybe if we chose Berlin I could consider going to Potsdam, but is it really nice to visit when it's likely to be really cold and snowy?
On the other hand, if we chose Munich, is it possible (and recommended) to visit some of the old towns nearby?
I've done a lot of research but still can't make up my mind...any suggestions, recommendations about which of the cities we should choose would be great!
Berlin OR Munich? Feb-2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What still confounds you about travel?
- 2 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 3 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 4 What to wear
- 5 Stay near Paris
- 6 A one-week car trip to Slovenia-Croatia (Bosnia?)
- 7 Fabulous Family Fearlesly Meet Lykians (reprint of 2010 trip)
- 8 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 9 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 10 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 11 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 12 Madrid and London
- 13 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 14 italy
- 15 Apartments in Verona and Bologna
- 16 Side trip from Geneva
- 17 Agritourism bed-and-breakfast in Normandy: Recommendations?
- 18 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 19 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 20 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 21 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 22 7 Nights in Paris
- 23 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 24 21 Days in Central Europe
- 25 Getting to San Seb from Madrid