I'm trying to make some final decisions regarding our upcoming family trip (parents and 2 teenagers) to Europe in Jan-Feb 2013. It's been really hard to decide whether we should visit Munich or Berlin, and I want to allocate 3-4 days for either one or the other. It'll be our first time in Germany -we'll be flying from Budapest- and we would really like to get to know the main sights it offers for a first-time visitor.
Considering that it's going to be winter-time, do you think that makes one of the cities a better place to visit? Our main interests include historic sites, some museums, WW II places, but we would also like to do some shopping and enjoy walking around the city center. Given our limited time, I don't think we'll have enough time for a day-trip. Maybe if we chose Berlin I could consider going to Potsdam, but is it really nice to visit when it's likely to be really cold and snowy?
On the other hand, if we chose Munich, is it possible (and recommended) to visit some of the old towns nearby?
I've done a lot of research but still can't make up my mind...any suggestions, recommendations about which of the cities we should choose would be great!
Berlin OR Munich? Feb-2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 2 Accomodation for Eurovision 2014
- 3 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 4 5am arrival in Dublin
- 5 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 6 Ste Remy France
- 7 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 8 10 Hours in Brussels
- 9 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 10 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 11 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 12 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 13 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 14 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 15 destination wedding
- 16 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 17 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 18 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 19 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 20 Two weeks in Italy - Venice, Ostuni and Naples
- 21 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 22 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 23 London Private Detectives
- 24 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 25 Calling Jamikins