I'm trying to make some final decisions regarding our upcoming family trip (parents and 2 teenagers) to Europe in Jan-Feb 2013. It's been really hard to decide whether we should visit Munich or Berlin, and I want to allocate 3-4 days for either one or the other. It'll be our first time in Germany -we'll be flying from Budapest- and we would really like to get to know the main sights it offers for a first-time visitor.
Considering that it's going to be winter-time, do you think that makes one of the cities a better place to visit? Our main interests include historic sites, some museums, WW II places, but we would also like to do some shopping and enjoy walking around the city center. Given our limited time, I don't think we'll have enough time for a day-trip. Maybe if we chose Berlin I could consider going to Potsdam, but is it really nice to visit when it's likely to be really cold and snowy?
On the other hand, if we chose Munich, is it possible (and recommended) to visit some of the old towns nearby?
I've done a lot of research but still can't make up my mind...any suggestions, recommendations about which of the cities we should choose would be great!
Berlin OR Munich? Feb-2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 2 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 3 Schengen Visa Rules
- 4 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 5 Scotland November 2015
- 6 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 7 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 8 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 9 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 10 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 11 Southern Spain
- 12 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 13 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 14 Museums in Berlin
- 15 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 16 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 17 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt
- 18 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 19 5 Observations About Paris
- 20 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 21 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 22 Amsterdam in the early 1980s
- 23 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 24 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 25 Is my plan ok