I'm trying to make some final decisions regarding our upcoming family trip (parents and 2 teenagers) to Europe in Jan-Feb 2013. It's been really hard to decide whether we should visit Munich or Berlin, and I want to allocate 3-4 days for either one or the other. It'll be our first time in Germany -we'll be flying from Budapest- and we would really like to get to know the main sights it offers for a first-time visitor.
Considering that it's going to be winter-time, do you think that makes one of the cities a better place to visit? Our main interests include historic sites, some museums, WW II places, but we would also like to do some shopping and enjoy walking around the city center. Given our limited time, I don't think we'll have enough time for a day-trip. Maybe if we chose Berlin I could consider going to Potsdam, but is it really nice to visit when it's likely to be really cold and snowy?
On the other hand, if we chose Munich, is it possible (and recommended) to visit some of the old towns nearby?
I've done a lot of research but still can't make up my mind...any suggestions, recommendations about which of the cities we should choose would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dover queues
- 2 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 3 France to stop making foie grois
- 4 What neighborhood to stay in Paris?
- 5 Base City for N Europe Layover
- 6 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 7 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 8 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 9 Night Walk, food and Shopping in Rome
- 10 Naples or Genoa
- 11 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 12 Who is up for an informal GTG in Paris between Oct 15-22
- 13 From London to Paris to US
- 14 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 15 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 16 Greece Experts
- 17 Passport question - carry with or leave at hotel?
- 18 Short, one day trip to Sighișoara, what do you recommend?
- 19 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 20 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 21 Ireland driving itinerary
- 22 Greece Itinerary
- 23 Germany and Austria trip report
- 24 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 25 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau