My family is visiting Berlin for the first time next month, and I'm trying to figure out our itinerary. We were planning to buy the 3 day museum passes for each of us (me, my husband, and our three kids-- 17, 15, and 11), but I've noticed that with only one or two exceptions, most of the museums we plan to visit give free admittance to children under 18. Even paying admission at the one or two exceptions is considerably less than buying museum passes for each of them.
So, financially it makes sense, but logistically, I have to wonder. If we go to the Neues Museum, for example, will we have to stand in line to have the kids admitted, and then another line to have my husband's and my passes checked? Or will they just look at the kids and see that they're obviously kids, and wave them in when we present our passes? I should note that my daughter, who's 17, could pass as an adult, but will carry her license with her as proof of age. If it's going to cause logistics problems, it's probably worth just buying the passes for everyone, but I thought I could get some guidance here first.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 2 Lake Como,Italy
- 3 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 4 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 5 People visiting Slovenia
- 6 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 7 Valencia Spain
- 8 Language to use in Belgium
- 9 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 10 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 11 Germany-Car or Train
- 12 Visiting Zurich
- 13 Brussels flower tapestry
- 14 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 15 Places to visit from Zurich
- 16 SURPRISE TRIP
- 17 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 18 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 19 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 20 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 21 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 22 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 23 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 24 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 25 Getting to Naxos and Santorini