My family is visiting Berlin for the first time next month, and I'm trying to figure out our itinerary. We were planning to buy the 3 day museum passes for each of us (me, my husband, and our three kids-- 17, 15, and 11), but I've noticed that with only one or two exceptions, most of the museums we plan to visit give free admittance to children under 18. Even paying admission at the one or two exceptions is considerably less than buying museum passes for each of them.
So, financially it makes sense, but logistically, I have to wonder. If we go to the Neues Museum, for example, will we have to stand in line to have the kids admitted, and then another line to have my husband's and my passes checked? Or will they just look at the kids and see that they're obviously kids, and wave them in when we present our passes? I should note that my daughter, who's 17, could pass as an adult, but will carry her license with her as proof of age. If it's going to cause logistics problems, it's probably worth just buying the passes for everyone, but I thought I could get some guidance here first.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 2 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 3 Amalfi Coast help
- 4 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 5 Sicily
- 6 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 7 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 8 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 9 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 10 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 11 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 12 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 13 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 14 Where to buy Saffron?
- 15 English Countryside
- 16 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 17 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 18 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 19 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 20 Super Cover For Hertz
- 21 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 22 4 days itinerary for France
- 23 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 24 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 25 Is it worth it to drive into Positano...& Amalfi Coast by land or sea?