My family is visiting Berlin for the first time next month, and I'm trying to figure out our itinerary. We were planning to buy the 3 day museum passes for each of us (me, my husband, and our three kids-- 17, 15, and 11), but I've noticed that with only one or two exceptions, most of the museums we plan to visit give free admittance to children under 18. Even paying admission at the one or two exceptions is considerably less than buying museum passes for each of them.
So, financially it makes sense, but logistically, I have to wonder. If we go to the Neues Museum, for example, will we have to stand in line to have the kids admitted, and then another line to have my husband's and my passes checked? Or will they just look at the kids and see that they're obviously kids, and wave them in when we present our passes? I should note that my daughter, who's 17, could pass as an adult, but will carry her license with her as proof of age. If it's going to cause logistics problems, it's probably worth just buying the passes for everyone, but I thought I could get some guidance here first.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 2 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 3 Paris hotels
- 4 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 5 1 month in Europe
- 6 London Hotels
- 7 Amsterdam hotels
- 8 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 9 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 10 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 11 Denmark or Sweden?
- 12 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 15 Back from Paris
- 16 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 17 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 18 Brugge hotel help
- 19 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 20 Old European currency
- 21 Europe itinerary questions
- 22 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 23 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 24 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 25 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece