We are traveling to Berlin for 4 nights, staying in the Hilton at Gendarmenmarkt. We will be doing a walking tour on the first day (possibly the 6 hour tour offered by Brewers) so this post does not relate to using the HOHO Bus for sightseeing per-say.
On one day, we are hoping to visit Charlottenborg and KaDeWe. From what I could find, it looks like a minimum 1km walk each way to the train stop, which adds up to around 8km just to visit these two sights. If the weather is nice, this is no issue, but if the weather happens to be not so nice (given we will be there in December), we would like to have the option to not have to walk so far.
I thought perhaps the most convenient (stops at Gendarmenmarkt, Charlottenborg and KaDeWe) and cheapest (cheaper than taxis anyway) way to avoid walking so much would be a HOHO Bus.
What are people's thoughts and experience on this, or is there an alternative I have not thought about? Is there any public transport which is closer to the sites and our hotel than the S7?
Any experience on specific HOHO companies is also most appreciated, particularly during off-season. I have noticed some do not service Charlottenborg so will avoid these.
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 3 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 4 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 5 Versailles
- 6 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 7 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 8 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 9 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 10 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 11 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 12 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 13 Meteora for older folk
- 14 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 15 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 16 driving from prague to salzburg
- 17 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 18 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 19 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 20 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 21 Germany train help!
- 22 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 23 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 24 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 25 Sicily