We are traveling to Berlin for 4 nights, staying in the Hilton at Gendarmenmarkt. We will be doing a walking tour on the first day (possibly the 6 hour tour offered by Brewers) so this post does not relate to using the HOHO Bus for sightseeing per-say.
On one day, we are hoping to visit Charlottenborg and KaDeWe. From what I could find, it looks like a minimum 1km walk each way to the train stop, which adds up to around 8km just to visit these two sights. If the weather is nice, this is no issue, but if the weather happens to be not so nice (given we will be there in December), we would like to have the option to not have to walk so far.
I thought perhaps the most convenient (stops at Gendarmenmarkt, Charlottenborg and KaDeWe) and cheapest (cheaper than taxis anyway) way to avoid walking so much would be a HOHO Bus.
What are people's thoughts and experience on this, or is there an alternative I have not thought about? Is there any public transport which is closer to the sites and our hotel than the S7?
Any experience on specific HOHO companies is also most appreciated, particularly during off-season. I have noticed some do not service Charlottenborg so will avoid these.
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 2 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 3 Towns around Lucca
- 4 Cork questions
- 5 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 6 Borghese Gallery Question
- 7 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 8 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 9 Sicily help
- 10 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 11 Italy Vacation
- 12 Stu Tower
- 13 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 14 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 15 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 16 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 17 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 18 London vacation rental agency
- 19 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 20 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 21 Germany or Sweden
- 22 Crete Holiday
- 23 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 24 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 25 Regent Seven Seas Cruise?