We are traveling to Berlin for 4 nights, staying in the Hilton at Gendarmenmarkt. We will be doing a walking tour on the first day (possibly the 6 hour tour offered by Brewers) so this post does not relate to using the HOHO Bus for sightseeing per-say.
On one day, we are hoping to visit Charlottenborg and KaDeWe. From what I could find, it looks like a minimum 1km walk each way to the train stop, which adds up to around 8km just to visit these two sights. If the weather is nice, this is no issue, but if the weather happens to be not so nice (given we will be there in December), we would like to have the option to not have to walk so far.
I thought perhaps the most convenient (stops at Gendarmenmarkt, Charlottenborg and KaDeWe) and cheapest (cheaper than taxis anyway) way to avoid walking so much would be a HOHO Bus.
What are people's thoughts and experience on this, or is there an alternative I have not thought about? Is there any public transport which is closer to the sites and our hotel than the S7?
Any experience on specific HOHO companies is also most appreciated, particularly during off-season. I have noticed some do not service Charlottenborg so will avoid these.
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 2 Paris for children
- 3 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 4 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 5 16 days in France and Italy
- 6 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 7 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 8 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 9 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 11 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 12 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 13 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 14 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 15 One July night in Verona - help!
- 16 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 17 Couscous
- 18 Exchange ZAR in Turkey
- 19 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 20 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 21 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 22 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 23 Guided Vatican Tours
- 24 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 25 How are the feasts in Malta Celebrated?