We are traveling to Berlin for 4 nights, staying in the Hilton at Gendarmenmarkt. We will be doing a walking tour on the first day (possibly the 6 hour tour offered by Brewers) so this post does not relate to using the HOHO Bus for sightseeing per-say.
On one day, we are hoping to visit Charlottenborg and KaDeWe. From what I could find, it looks like a minimum 1km walk each way to the train stop, which adds up to around 8km just to visit these two sights. If the weather is nice, this is no issue, but if the weather happens to be not so nice (given we will be there in December), we would like to have the option to not have to walk so far.
I thought perhaps the most convenient (stops at Gendarmenmarkt, Charlottenborg and KaDeWe) and cheapest (cheaper than taxis anyway) way to avoid walking so much would be a HOHO Bus.
What are people's thoughts and experience on this, or is there an alternative I have not thought about? Is there any public transport which is closer to the sites and our hotel than the S7?
Any experience on specific HOHO companies is also most appreciated, particularly during off-season. I have noticed some do not service Charlottenborg so will avoid these.
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 2 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 3 Cutback on Spain trip
- 4 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 5 where to stay in London?
- 6 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 7 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 8 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 9 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 12 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 13 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 14 Croatia transportation question.
- 15 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 16 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 17 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 18 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 19 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 20 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 21 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 22 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 23 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 24 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 25 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!