I'm new to this forum but I'd like to start off by saying I've done some thorough reading in the past few days trying to find ideas, but do to the overwhelming amount of contradicting opinions I feel like I need some assistance. I do apologize in advance if this has been covered in other topics.
I have traveled extensively around various parts of the world so I've come to realize I prefer not having much of an itinerary and sort of let what I encounter lead the way... with that being said...
My scenario: This will be my first trip to Europe. With some time frame limitations I am allotting myself a 16 day stretch (minus flight time) in mid-August to make it from Berlin to Brussels. So 14 days on the ground. I've been planning to make a trip for two summers now and things have come up along the way, so I finally pulled the trigger on the cheapest RT flight I could find in this time frame and I'm going to just work with what I have.
I am inquiring about places worth interest along that route (which I plan on traveling via DB, at least through Germany) and how much time to spend in said place. The one place I would really like to explore, even if it's only a day or two is Cochem and it's vicinity, but it isn't necessarily do or die.
My interests include architecture and photography, but at the same time maintaining some distance from the overly touristy areas. Tough in August, I know.
Or, on the contrary with that amount of time, would it be worthwhile to extend my route outside of German territory leaving enough travel time to make it to Brussels.
Sorry for the extensive rambling... Any and all considerations greatly appreciated!
Berlin ending in Brussels... Suggestions, please!
- 1 To Paris and Provence in June
- 2 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 3 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 4 Dillit Language school in Rome?
- 5 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 6 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 7 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 8 Madrid to Sevilla
- 9 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 10 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 11 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 12 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 13 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 14 Traveling within Italy
- 15 Limo Transfers from Fiumicino Rome Airport
- 16 Venice - canoeing / kayaking
- 17 Family European winter holiday
- 18 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 19 Italy: Planning a honeymoon....HELP!!!!
- 20 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 21 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 22 Euro Train
- 23 Travel by train or bus
- 24 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 25 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"