Did Berlin as a 58e rail daytrip from Hamburg for the 2nd time (1st time was last August). Both times rented a bike at Zoo, which is an ideal to see Berlin and discover things you would never otherwise have found; the city is flat, the streets are broad, and you can take the bike on U- and S- Bahn (with a seperate ticket); the Fat Tire bikes are safe and comfortable, if not real fast. It is a great way to enjoy many beautiful backstreet neighborhoods, and combine elements of the city that you would't appreciate if stuck in a car, or couldn't possibly manage if walking the interminable distances that are characteristic of many of Berlin's residential city blocks and even the touristic center. It's also great for getting to a string of the best currywurst buden (found on Qype or Yelp). Berlin.de at http://www.berlin.de/tourismus/fahrradtouren/ has a list of many potential biking routes, with sightseeing highlights (and you can pick and choose segments and then combine them with S-Bahn). The highlight of this trip was a visit to Claerchen's Ballhaus, listed at Berlin.de as an off-the-beaten path treat, and it was - - here is a short slideshow of my pictures from there yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFvYSfSAOQA&feature=plcp
Berlin by bike
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 2 21 Days in Central Europe
- 3 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 4 London 2nd time around
- 5 Slovenia-Croatia-Bosnia Herzegovina-Montenegro Itinerary Help
- 6 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 7 London visit
- 8 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 9 portugal trip 14 days - where to visit and stay
- 10 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 11 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 12 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 13 US citizen - Stay in France longer than 1 year - how?
- 14 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 15 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 16 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 17 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 18 My itinerary for Greece
- 19 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 20 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 21 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 22 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 23 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 24 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 25 Altitude sickness in Switzerland