Did Berlin as a 58e rail daytrip from Hamburg for the 2nd time (1st time was last August). Both times rented a bike at Zoo, which is an ideal to see Berlin and discover things you would never otherwise have found; the city is flat, the streets are broad, and you can take the bike on U- and S- Bahn (with a seperate ticket); the Fat Tire bikes are safe and comfortable, if not real fast. It is a great way to enjoy many beautiful backstreet neighborhoods, and combine elements of the city that you would't appreciate if stuck in a car, or couldn't possibly manage if walking the interminable distances that are characteristic of many of Berlin's residential city blocks and even the touristic center. It's also great for getting to a string of the best currywurst buden (found on Qype or Yelp). Berlin.de at http://www.berlin.de/tourismus/fahrradtouren/ has a list of many potential biking routes, with sightseeing highlights (and you can pick and choose segments and then combine them with S-Bahn). The highlight of this trip was a visit to Claerchen's Ballhaus, listed at Berlin.de as an off-the-beaten path treat, and it was - - here is a short slideshow of my pictures from there yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFvYSfSAOQA&feature=plcp
Berlin by bike
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 2 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 3 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 4 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 5 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 6 Which travel plan?
- 7 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 8 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 9 To Paris and Provence in June
- 10 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 11 Family European winter holiday
- 12 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 13 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 14 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 15 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 16 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 17 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 18 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 19 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?
- 20 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 21 15 days in Europe,
- 22 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 23 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 24 London for Christmas
- 25 Euro Train