Did Berlin as a 58e rail daytrip from Hamburg for the 2nd time (1st time was last August). Both times rented a bike at Zoo, which is an ideal to see Berlin and discover things you would never otherwise have found; the city is flat, the streets are broad, and you can take the bike on U- and S- Bahn (with a seperate ticket); the Fat Tire bikes are safe and comfortable, if not real fast. It is a great way to enjoy many beautiful backstreet neighborhoods, and combine elements of the city that you would't appreciate if stuck in a car, or couldn't possibly manage if walking the interminable distances that are characteristic of many of Berlin's residential city blocks and even the touristic center. It's also great for getting to a string of the best currywurst buden (found on Qype or Yelp). Berlin.de at http://www.berlin.de/tourismus/fahrradtouren/ has a list of many potential biking routes, with sightseeing highlights (and you can pick and choose segments and then combine them with S-Bahn). The highlight of this trip was a visit to Claerchen's Ballhaus, listed at Berlin.de as an off-the-beaten path treat, and it was - - here is a short slideshow of my pictures from there yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFvYSfSAOQA&feature=plcp
Berlin by bike
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 2 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 3 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 4 Off the beaten path in Italy
- 5 Cotswolds first time
- 6 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 7 Have 4 Ticket to Eiffel Tower Summit for sale 31.08, early afternoon
- 8 need advise on first time travel to Europe
- 9 Help! Need alternative to PORTOVENERE in late-September!
- 10 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 11 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 12 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 13 Day trips from Bologna
- 14 The east coast of Italy
- 15 Schengen rule made easy
- 16 Vacation in Spain ,Madrid-Sevilla-Cadiz-!Cordova-Lisboa
- 17 What are Your Favorite Kid-Friendly Hotels in Paris?
- 18 Where to rent a house for 1 or 2 months during summer in Europe
- 19 Grad Schools in London?
- 20 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 21 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 22 Florence Opera
- 23 30 male travelling alone for first time to central london.
- 24 Latest Itinerary
- 25 Day trips from Bologna