Did Berlin as a 58e rail daytrip from Hamburg for the 2nd time (1st time was last August). Both times rented a bike at Zoo, which is an ideal to see Berlin and discover things you would never otherwise have found; the city is flat, the streets are broad, and you can take the bike on U- and S- Bahn (with a seperate ticket); the Fat Tire bikes are safe and comfortable, if not real fast. It is a great way to enjoy many beautiful backstreet neighborhoods, and combine elements of the city that you would't appreciate if stuck in a car, or couldn't possibly manage if walking the interminable distances that are characteristic of many of Berlin's residential city blocks and even the touristic center. It's also great for getting to a string of the best currywurst buden (found on Qype or Yelp). Berlin.de at http://www.berlin.de/tourismus/fahrradtouren/ has a list of many potential biking routes, with sightseeing highlights (and you can pick and choose segments and then combine them with S-Bahn). The highlight of this trip was a visit to Claerchen's Ballhaus, listed at Berlin.de as an off-the-beaten path treat, and it was - - here is a short slideshow of my pictures from there yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFvYSfSAOQA&feature=plcp
Berlin by bike
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurants or Cafes to Recommend in Fontainebleau?
- 2 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 3 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 4 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 5 Winter honeymoon - Switzerland? Italian Alps? Other?
- 6 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 7 Real Mary King's Close Tour in Edinburgh
- 8 NO use of the Wheeled- Suitcases allowed in Venice!! Fine: 500 Euros!!
- 9 Christmas in Munich
- 10 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 11 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 12 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 13 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 14 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 15 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 16 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 17 Amsterdam for a few hours, would you?
- 18 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 19 Moving to Belfast
- 20 Dresden restaurant recs: December 2014
- 21 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 22 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 23 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 24 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 25 Mt Titlus Engelberg mountain