Did Berlin as a 58e rail daytrip from Hamburg for the 2nd time (1st time was last August). Both times rented a bike at Zoo, which is an ideal to see Berlin and discover things you would never otherwise have found; the city is flat, the streets are broad, and you can take the bike on U- and S- Bahn (with a seperate ticket); the Fat Tire bikes are safe and comfortable, if not real fast. It is a great way to enjoy many beautiful backstreet neighborhoods, and combine elements of the city that you would't appreciate if stuck in a car, or couldn't possibly manage if walking the interminable distances that are characteristic of many of Berlin's residential city blocks and even the touristic center. It's also great for getting to a string of the best currywurst buden (found on Qype or Yelp). Berlin.de at http://www.berlin.de/tourismus/fahrradtouren/ has a list of many potential biking routes, with sightseeing highlights (and you can pick and choose segments and then combine them with S-Bahn). The highlight of this trip was a visit to Claerchen's Ballhaus, listed at Berlin.de as an off-the-beaten path treat, and it was - - here is a short slideshow of my pictures from there yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFvYSfSAOQA&feature=plcp
Berlin by bike
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 2 First time Ireland trip
- 3 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 4 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 5 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 6 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 7 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 8 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 9 All Set To Go!!
- 10 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 11 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 12 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 13 Renfe planning strike December 26th
- 14 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 15 22 year olds in Europe
- 16 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 17 Granada
- 18 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 19 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 20 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 21 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 22 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 23 Coffee in Naples
- 24 A Sardinia trip report
- 25 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy