I wanted to share a trip that my husband and I did two summer's ago that we found diverse and so enjoyable.
We spent six days in Berlin, which we found fabulous and just so interesting and then took a return flight to the island of Rhodes, where we spent a week on this glorious island. We stayed at the Rhodos Park Suites and Spa hotel, just outside the old city, and rented a car to experience the island and it's fantastic beaches. We then spent another 3 days in Berlin, using this time to take day trips to the surrounding area.
The combination of these two destinations made for a truly remarkable getaway. I do not know if anyone has ever considered this, but we thought it is was a trip some of you might find interesting.
This summer, we are planning to do something similar, spending time in Madrid and Seville, before flying to Mallorca for one week. They are all in Spain, but we think it will be a great combination as well.
Has anyone ever done this? Any advice on which area and where to stay in Mallorca? Should we split our time between Palma and the eastern coast?
Thanks so much,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 4 Getting around London
- 5 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 6 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 7 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 8 Lake Como,Italy
- 9 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 10 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 11 Traveling in Belgium
- 12 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 13 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 14 Train travel to and from Paris
- 15 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 16 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 17 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 18 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 19 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 20 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 21 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 22 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 23 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 24 Language to use in Belgium
- 25 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)