I am new to the forum, but I have seen so much helpful information that I thought I would seek some for myself
My husband and I going to Berlin and Prague for 9 days in May (3 nights in Berlin and 5 in Prague -- longer in Prague so my husband can visit his relatives). We have been to both cities before, about 5 years ago, and loved them both.
Here is what we have seen already:
- Walking tour focused on WW2 history. Fascinating! Saw the book burning spot, Brandenburg Gates, Berlin Wall, Check Point Charlie, Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe, etc.
- Stayed in Prenzlauer Berg -- loved that area!
- Then I got sick and spent the next 2 days in bed while he visited the Reichstag and did a second walking tour
... so there is obviously so much more to see.
- Visited the School of Economics, where my husband studied abroad in college
- Went to the Opera
- Wandered around Old Town Square/Charles Bridge
- Walked through Prague Castle grounds
- went to a great underground Jazz bar
- visited the Zizkov TV tower
- went to the museum at Vaclavske Nam.
I saw someone recommend Vysehrad and Letna Park, so that's on our list. We are interested in history, culture, other great walking tours (we absorb so much more information we wouldn't have known about), stuff that locals do -- instead of just tourist attractions would be appreciated too.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 2 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 3 penis enlargement cream+27764457572 USA/UK/FLORIDA/DUBAI/BRASIL/UAE
- 4 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 5 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 6 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 7 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 8 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 9 What one thing in Paris?
- 10 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 11 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 12 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 13 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 14 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 15 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 16 Help with Itineray Central Europe
- 17 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 18 Paris Under Seige...
- 19 Britain Has Over 600 Red Lion Pubs...What is a Red Lion?
- 20 Global Travel Warning...
- 21 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 22 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 23 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 24 Beaches via Public Transportation
- 25 Turkey Gulet Cruises