I am new to the forum, but I have seen so much helpful information that I thought I would seek some for myself
My husband and I going to Berlin and Prague for 9 days in May (3 nights in Berlin and 5 in Prague -- longer in Prague so my husband can visit his relatives). We have been to both cities before, about 5 years ago, and loved them both.
Here is what we have seen already:
- Walking tour focused on WW2 history. Fascinating! Saw the book burning spot, Brandenburg Gates, Berlin Wall, Check Point Charlie, Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe, etc.
- Stayed in Prenzlauer Berg -- loved that area!
- Then I got sick and spent the next 2 days in bed while he visited the Reichstag and did a second walking tour
... so there is obviously so much more to see.
- Visited the School of Economics, where my husband studied abroad in college
- Went to the Opera
- Wandered around Old Town Square/Charles Bridge
- Walked through Prague Castle grounds
- went to a great underground Jazz bar
- visited the Zizkov TV tower
- went to the museum at Vaclavske Nam.
I saw someone recommend Vysehrad and Letna Park, so that's on our list. We are interested in history, culture, other great walking tours (we absorb so much more information we wouldn't have known about), stuff that locals do -- instead of just tourist attractions would be appreciated too.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Parking in Italy
- 2 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 5 Costal Spain Vacation Rental House Advice
- 6 Very last minute Swiss train help!
- 7 KLM mandatory Animal Hotel SCAM
- 8 PARIS. GTG-------Sept.14, 2016, anyone interested?
- 9 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 10 1 week in Malaga
- 11 http://www.toptryloburn.com/ombia-derma-reviews/
- 12 Inside of that plastic area you’ll see lights
- 13 Where to stop between Dijon & the Loire Valley (Chinon)?
- 14 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 15 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 16 Best coastal town within 3 hours of Barcelona (with kids)
- 17 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 18 Immigration from Italy to Ireland to US
- 19 Seville itinerary critic and advice please
- 20 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 21 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 22 Proper attire for a 17 year old boy traveling to Europe
- 23 Naples to Pompeii
- 24 Amsterdam and ?????
- 25 St Petersberg/Moscow/Prague