I am new to the forum, but I have seen so much helpful information that I thought I would seek some for myself
My husband and I going to Berlin and Prague for 9 days in May (3 nights in Berlin and 5 in Prague -- longer in Prague so my husband can visit his relatives). We have been to both cities before, about 5 years ago, and loved them both.
Here is what we have seen already:
- Walking tour focused on WW2 history. Fascinating! Saw the book burning spot, Brandenburg Gates, Berlin Wall, Check Point Charlie, Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe, etc.
- Stayed in Prenzlauer Berg -- loved that area!
- Then I got sick and spent the next 2 days in bed while he visited the Reichstag and did a second walking tour
... so there is obviously so much more to see.
- Visited the School of Economics, where my husband studied abroad in college
- Went to the Opera
- Wandered around Old Town Square/Charles Bridge
- Walked through Prague Castle grounds
- went to a great underground Jazz bar
- visited the Zizkov TV tower
- went to the museum at Vaclavske Nam.
I saw someone recommend Vysehrad and Letna Park, so that's on our list. We are interested in history, culture, other great walking tours (we absorb so much more information we wouldn't have known about), stuff that locals do -- instead of just tourist attractions would be appreciated too.
Berlin and Prage 9 days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No points in Paris .....
- 2 Small group for Colosseum
- 3 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 4 Manchester or Heathrow?
- 5 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 6 Three days in Spain
- 7 Monet in Normandy
- 8 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 9 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 10 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 11 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 12 London visit
- 13 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 14 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 15 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 16 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 17 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 18 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 19 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 20 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 21 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 22 21 Days in Central Europe
- 23 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 24 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 25 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich