I am new to the forum, but I have seen so much helpful information that I thought I would seek some for myself
My husband and I going to Berlin and Prague for 9 days in May (3 nights in Berlin and 5 in Prague -- longer in Prague so my husband can visit his relatives). We have been to both cities before, about 5 years ago, and loved them both.
Here is what we have seen already:
- Walking tour focused on WW2 history. Fascinating! Saw the book burning spot, Brandenburg Gates, Berlin Wall, Check Point Charlie, Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe, etc.
- Stayed in Prenzlauer Berg -- loved that area!
- Then I got sick and spent the next 2 days in bed while he visited the Reichstag and did a second walking tour
... so there is obviously so much more to see.
- Visited the School of Economics, where my husband studied abroad in college
- Went to the Opera
- Wandered around Old Town Square/Charles Bridge
- Walked through Prague Castle grounds
- went to a great underground Jazz bar
- visited the Zizkov TV tower
- went to the museum at Vaclavske Nam.
I saw someone recommend Vysehrad and Letna Park, so that's on our list. We are interested in history, culture, other great walking tours (we absorb so much more information we wouldn't have known about), stuff that locals do -- instead of just tourist attractions would be appreciated too.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 3 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 4 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 5 Paris in August
- 6 Getting around London
- 7 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 8 The DCC scam is spreading
- 9 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 10 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 11 Help with tips in UK
- 12 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 13 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 14 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 15 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 16 Children's seat on Nextbike in Wachau Valley?
- 17 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 18 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 19 Scotland itinerary advice
- 20 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 21 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning
- 22 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 23 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 24 Places to visit from Zurich
- 25 SURPRISE TRIP