I am new to the forum, but I have seen so much helpful information that I thought I would seek some for myself
My husband and I going to Berlin and Prague for 9 days in May (3 nights in Berlin and 5 in Prague -- longer in Prague so my husband can visit his relatives). We have been to both cities before, about 5 years ago, and loved them both.
Here is what we have seen already:
- Walking tour focused on WW2 history. Fascinating! Saw the book burning spot, Brandenburg Gates, Berlin Wall, Check Point Charlie, Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe, etc.
- Stayed in Prenzlauer Berg -- loved that area!
- Then I got sick and spent the next 2 days in bed while he visited the Reichstag and did a second walking tour
... so there is obviously so much more to see.
- Visited the School of Economics, where my husband studied abroad in college
- Went to the Opera
- Wandered around Old Town Square/Charles Bridge
- Walked through Prague Castle grounds
- went to a great underground Jazz bar
- visited the Zizkov TV tower
- went to the museum at Vaclavske Nam.
I saw someone recommend Vysehrad and Letna Park, so that's on our list. We are interested in history, culture, other great walking tours (we absorb so much more information we wouldn't have known about), stuff that locals do -- instead of just tourist attractions would be appreciated too.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 마틴배팅 ▶ 도메인 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 3 16 days in France and Italy
- 4 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 5 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 6 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 7 Avoid Europcar!
- 8 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 9 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 10 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 11 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 12 quickest way to Prague
- 13 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 14 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 15 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 16 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 17 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 18 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 19 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 20 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 21 Amsterdam
- 22 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 23 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 24 Train / Calabria
- 25 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France