I am new to the forum, but I have seen so much helpful information that I thought I would seek some for myself
My husband and I going to Berlin and Prague for 9 days in May (3 nights in Berlin and 5 in Prague -- longer in Prague so my husband can visit his relatives). We have been to both cities before, about 5 years ago, and loved them both.
Here is what we have seen already:
- Walking tour focused on WW2 history. Fascinating! Saw the book burning spot, Brandenburg Gates, Berlin Wall, Check Point Charlie, Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe, etc.
- Stayed in Prenzlauer Berg -- loved that area!
- Then I got sick and spent the next 2 days in bed while he visited the Reichstag and did a second walking tour
... so there is obviously so much more to see.
- Visited the School of Economics, where my husband studied abroad in college
- Went to the Opera
- Wandered around Old Town Square/Charles Bridge
- Walked through Prague Castle grounds
- went to a great underground Jazz bar
- visited the Zizkov TV tower
- went to the museum at Vaclavske Nam.
I saw someone recommend Vysehrad and Letna Park, so that's on our list. We are interested in history, culture, other great walking tours (we absorb so much more information we wouldn't have known about), stuff that locals do -- instead of just tourist attractions would be appreciated too.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 2 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 3 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 6 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 7 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 8 Madrid/Lisbon
- 9 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 10 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 11 Greek fuel cost
- 12 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 13 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 14 Beach + City + Hiking + Art + Views + Food =
- 15 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 16 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 17 Day trips from Florence
- 18 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 19 May get together in Paris
- 20 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 21 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 22 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 23 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 24 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 25 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old