I am new to the forum, but I have seen so much helpful information that I thought I would seek some for myself
My husband and I going to Berlin and Prague for 9 days in May (3 nights in Berlin and 5 in Prague -- longer in Prague so my husband can visit his relatives). We have been to both cities before, about 5 years ago, and loved them both.
Here is what we have seen already:
- Walking tour focused on WW2 history. Fascinating! Saw the book burning spot, Brandenburg Gates, Berlin Wall, Check Point Charlie, Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe, etc.
- Stayed in Prenzlauer Berg -- loved that area!
- Then I got sick and spent the next 2 days in bed while he visited the Reichstag and did a second walking tour
... so there is obviously so much more to see.
- Visited the School of Economics, where my husband studied abroad in college
- Went to the Opera
- Wandered around Old Town Square/Charles Bridge
- Walked through Prague Castle grounds
- went to a great underground Jazz bar
- visited the Zizkov TV tower
- went to the museum at Vaclavske Nam.
I saw someone recommend Vysehrad and Letna Park, so that's on our list. We are interested in history, culture, other great walking tours (we absorb so much more information we wouldn't have known about), stuff that locals do -- instead of just tourist attractions would be appreciated too.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 2 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 3 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 4 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 5 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 6 Teens in Paris..what to wear
- 7 Quick 13 day Italy trip
- 8 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 9 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 10 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 11 Shopping in Paris
- 12 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 13 Regensburg then the mountains - Garmish-Partenkirchen this time?
- 14 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 15 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 16 Harry Potter WB Studio entrance time - London
- 17 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 18 Switzerland in 8 days
- 19 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 20 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 21 Four people, three countries, two weeks
- 22 planning confusion
- 23 Croatia Itenerary
- 24 Need help with logistics for visit to Dordogne area, please.
- 25 Has anyone used Travelex as a debit card in Italy?