I am new to the forum, but I have seen so much helpful information that I thought I would seek some for myself
My husband and I going to Berlin and Prague for 9 days in May (3 nights in Berlin and 5 in Prague -- longer in Prague so my husband can visit his relatives). We have been to both cities before, about 5 years ago, and loved them both.
Here is what we have seen already:
- Walking tour focused on WW2 history. Fascinating! Saw the book burning spot, Brandenburg Gates, Berlin Wall, Check Point Charlie, Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe, etc.
- Stayed in Prenzlauer Berg -- loved that area!
- Then I got sick and spent the next 2 days in bed while he visited the Reichstag and did a second walking tour
... so there is obviously so much more to see.
- Visited the School of Economics, where my husband studied abroad in college
- Went to the Opera
- Wandered around Old Town Square/Charles Bridge
- Walked through Prague Castle grounds
- went to a great underground Jazz bar
- visited the Zizkov TV tower
- went to the museum at Vaclavske Nam.
I saw someone recommend Vysehrad and Letna Park, so that's on our list. We are interested in history, culture, other great walking tours (we absorb so much more information we wouldn't have known about), stuff that locals do -- instead of just tourist attractions would be appreciated too.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 2 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 3 London vacation rental agency
- 4 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 5 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 6 Trains in Italy
- 7 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 8 Borghese Gallery Question
- 9 Sim Card
- 10 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 11 Airline to Rome
- 12 Finland around Christmas time?
- 13 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 14 Athens Help
- 15 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 16 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 17 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 18 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 19 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 20 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 21 Transport for local Venice travel
- 22 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 23 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 24 SE ITALY
- 25 London and Paris - 3 days each