I am new to the forum, but I have seen so much helpful information that I thought I would seek some for myself
My husband and I going to Berlin and Prague for 9 days in May (3 nights in Berlin and 5 in Prague -- longer in Prague so my husband can visit his relatives). We have been to both cities before, about 5 years ago, and loved them both.
Here is what we have seen already:
- Walking tour focused on WW2 history. Fascinating! Saw the book burning spot, Brandenburg Gates, Berlin Wall, Check Point Charlie, Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe, etc.
- Stayed in Prenzlauer Berg -- loved that area!
- Then I got sick and spent the next 2 days in bed while he visited the Reichstag and did a second walking tour
... so there is obviously so much more to see.
- Visited the School of Economics, where my husband studied abroad in college
- Went to the Opera
- Wandered around Old Town Square/Charles Bridge
- Walked through Prague Castle grounds
- went to a great underground Jazz bar
- visited the Zizkov TV tower
- went to the museum at Vaclavske Nam.
I saw someone recommend Vysehrad and Letna Park, so that's on our list. We are interested in history, culture, other great walking tours (we absorb so much more information we wouldn't have known about), stuff that locals do -- instead of just tourist attractions would be appreciated too.
Berlin and Prage 9 days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 2 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 3 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 4 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 5 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 6 A drive in Europe
- 7 Europe in 21 days
- 8 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 9 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 10 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 11 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 12 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 13 Munich to Lyon (10 nights) --- help needed with itinerary please
- 14 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 15 UK for 12 days !
- 16 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 17 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 18 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 19 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 20 London hotel
- 21 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 22 Your Advice: Bosphorus Cruise. Ortakoy and Dolmabahce Palace
- 23 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 24 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 25 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish