I would like a bit of advice about where to stay in Berlin. We will be visiting for 5 nights. We are a couple in their early 20s, would ideally like to stay somewhere close to pubs/clubs/restaurants/attractions. I know Berlin is a huge city, but was wondering if there was one neighbourhood that would encompass all of these things?
I have been researching it but have gotten a little confused. In other travel forums, a lot of people have advised that it is best to stay in the Mitte neighbourhood. I researched good budget accommodation and found the Meininger Berlin Central Station - has anyone stayed here before? It is right next to the main central station apparently, but i have also heard that this area does not have a lot of nightlife around it, and not many restaurants. We are ideally looking for accommodation under 100euros a night for both of us, if possible
If anyone has recommendations about good, budget hotels/hostels/apartments in a good area, it would be much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 advance tickets?
- 2 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 3 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 4 Greek Islands (small)
- 5 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 6 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 7 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 8 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 9 Public Transportation in England
- 10 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 11 K-Day
- 12 tickets for the Tower's Ceremony of the Keys
- 13 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 14 Help required with Itinerary
- 15 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 16 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 17 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 18 Spain in December
- 19 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 20 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 21 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 22 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 23 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 24 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 25 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)