I would like a bit of advice about where to stay in Berlin. We will be visiting for 5 nights. We are a couple in their early 20s, would ideally like to stay somewhere close to pubs/clubs/restaurants/attractions. I know Berlin is a huge city, but was wondering if there was one neighbourhood that would encompass all of these things?
I have been researching it but have gotten a little confused. In other travel forums, a lot of people have advised that it is best to stay in the Mitte neighbourhood. I researched good budget accommodation and found the Meininger Berlin Central Station - has anyone stayed here before? It is right next to the main central station apparently, but i have also heard that this area does not have a lot of nightlife around it, and not many restaurants. We are ideally looking for accommodation under 100euros a night for both of us, if possible
If anyone has recommendations about good, budget hotels/hostels/apartments in a good area, it would be much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paperwork to Marry in Italy
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 10 Days Trip Bath, Cotswolds, and London with a young boy
- 4 Day trips around Vienna
- 5 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 6 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 7 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 8 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 9 Vacation
- 10 Rouen Tour Companies
- 11 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 12 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 13 Praiano hotel question
- 14 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 15 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 16 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 17 St Denis Cathedral
- 18 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 19 Italy bus or train
- 20 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 21 Ireland itinerary help please
- 22 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin
- 23 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 24 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 25 Rome-Itinerary