This is for a trip NEXT summer, but I am travelling with my mom and she likes to have her plans well in advance and since she will be paying for half, I shall humor her. My two boys, 6 and 8 next summer, will also be with us. We will be in Southern Germany for a number of weeks and I would like to do a side trip. We have about a week for this side trip and I originally thought that visiting Plitvice National Park would be worth it, but I've read that it is very crowded in summer (what place isn't?).
My question is, is it really too crowded to make it worth our while and would we be better off just staying in Slovenia? I've found some info on the caves in Slovenia, Postojna and/or Skocjan, Triglav National Park (Tolmin Gorges), as well as Lipica (Lipizzan Stud). So maybe seeing Slovenia more in depth would be worth our while.
And, whatever your answer, where might be a good area to stay? I tend to use AirBnB for most of our bookings and always enjoy a kitchen with kids, so am looking for areas, not necessarily a hotel, unless you know of a great apartment.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 renting
- 2 Durham Castle or Lumley Castle?
- 3 6 Days in Italy
- 4 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 5 SE ITALY
- 6 Alitala
- 7 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 8 Romania : Tip in restaurants.
- 9 Which Hotel in Rome
- 10 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 11 Advice on Taxis vs Transfers in Santorini
- 12 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 13 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 14 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 15 Stu Tower
- 16 Road closure to Linderhof October 2017
- 17 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 18 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
- 19 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 20 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 21 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 22 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 23 Helpful Hint
- 24 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 25 Maybe your worst nighmare...