This is for a trip NEXT summer, but I am travelling with my mom and she likes to have her plans well in advance and since she will be paying for half, I shall humor her. My two boys, 6 and 8 next summer, will also be with us. We will be in Southern Germany for a number of weeks and I would like to do a side trip. We have about a week for this side trip and I originally thought that visiting Plitvice National Park would be worth it, but I've read that it is very crowded in summer (what place isn't?).
My question is, is it really too crowded to make it worth our while and would we be better off just staying in Slovenia? I've found some info on the caves in Slovenia, Postojna and/or Skocjan, Triglav National Park (Tolmin Gorges), as well as Lipica (Lipizzan Stud). So maybe seeing Slovenia more in depth would be worth our while.
And, whatever your answer, where might be a good area to stay? I tend to use AirBnB for most of our bookings and always enjoy a kitchen with kids, so am looking for areas, not necessarily a hotel, unless you know of a great apartment.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 14 days end to end London Heathrow
- 2 help with Italy itinerary
- 3 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 4 Praiano
- 5 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 6 AVE Train Advice from Madrid to Barcelona
- 7 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 8 Chamonix to Paris
- 9 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 10 Rome-Itinerary
- 11 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 12 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 13 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 14 Scotland and London 21 days
- 15 Rome to venice
- 16 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 17 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 18 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 19 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 20 Ireland itinerary help please
- 21 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 22 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona
- 23 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 24 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 25 Ireland last minute recommendations