This is for a trip NEXT summer, but I am travelling with my mom and she likes to have her plans well in advance and since she will be paying for half, I shall humor her. My two boys, 6 and 8 next summer, will also be with us. We will be in Southern Germany for a number of weeks and I would like to do a side trip. We have about a week for this side trip and I originally thought that visiting Plitvice National Park would be worth it, but I've read that it is very crowded in summer (what place isn't?).
My question is, is it really too crowded to make it worth our while and would we be better off just staying in Slovenia? I've found some info on the caves in Slovenia, Postojna and/or Skocjan, Triglav National Park (Tolmin Gorges), as well as Lipica (Lipizzan Stud). So maybe seeing Slovenia more in depth would be worth our while.
And, whatever your answer, where might be a good area to stay? I tend to use AirBnB for most of our bookings and always enjoy a kitchen with kids, so am looking for areas, not necessarily a hotel, unless you know of a great apartment.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 2 Avoid Europcar!
- 3 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 4 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 5 quickest way to Prague
- 6 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 7 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 8 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 9 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 11 16 days in France and Italy
- 12 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 13 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 14 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 15 Amsterdam
- 16 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 17 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 18 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 19 Train / Calabria
- 20 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 21 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 22 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 23 Paris for children
- 24 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 25 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?