Hello all -
I'm working on more detailed planning of our trip now, especially the week in Salzburg. I've gathered from your posts here over the years that the salt mine in Berchtesgaden is arguably the best in the area (Hallein being #2, Hallstatt #3). We were already planning to go to Eagle's Nest (for the view only, not planning to spend time in the doc center) and hope to do the boat ride across Konigsee on the same day; would it be feasible to do the salt mines on the same day as well? I know Eagle's Nest and the salt mine have timed entry, so do you think we could do Eagle's Nest in the morning, salt mine in afternoon, and then catch a boat across Konigsee? We will have relatively long days (late May), and we could rent a car if that is easier to connect the 3 points (we'll be doing this as a daytrip from Salzburg).
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 3 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 4 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 5 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 6 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 7 Granada to Madrid
- 8 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 9 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 10 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 11 Tour groups
- 12 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 13 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 14 If you had to choose one......
- 15 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 16 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 17 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 18 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 19 Hiking in Tirol/Austria
- 20 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 21 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 22 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 23 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 24 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 25 French restaurants
berchtesgaden: eagle's nest, konigsee, and salt mines in one day?
Hello all -