Hello all -
I'm working on more detailed planning of our trip now, especially the week in Salzburg. I've gathered from your posts here over the years that the salt mine in Berchtesgaden is arguably the best in the area (Hallein being #2, Hallstatt #3). We were already planning to go to Eagle's Nest (for the view only, not planning to spend time in the doc center) and hope to do the boat ride across Konigsee on the same day; would it be feasible to do the salt mines on the same day as well? I know Eagle's Nest and the salt mine have timed entry, so do you think we could do Eagle's Nest in the morning, salt mine in afternoon, and then catch a boat across Konigsee? We will have relatively long days (late May), and we could rent a car if that is easier to connect the 3 points (we'll be doing this as a daytrip from Salzburg).
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Interesting places to visit
- 2 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 3 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 4 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 5 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 6 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 7 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 8 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 9 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 10 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 11 Advice on Berlin hotels
- 12 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 13 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 14 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 15 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 16 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 Train help for Prague
- 19 Germany train help!
- 20 Acropolis Athens
- 21 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 22 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 23 Swiss Travel Pass
- 24 We're here!
- 25 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
berchtesgaden: eagle's nest, konigsee, and salt mines in one day?
Hello all -