Hello all -
I'm working on more detailed planning of our trip now, especially the week in Salzburg. I've gathered from your posts here over the years that the salt mine in Berchtesgaden is arguably the best in the area (Hallein being #2, Hallstatt #3). We were already planning to go to Eagle's Nest (for the view only, not planning to spend time in the doc center) and hope to do the boat ride across Konigsee on the same day; would it be feasible to do the salt mines on the same day as well? I know Eagle's Nest and the salt mine have timed entry, so do you think we could do Eagle's Nest in the morning, salt mine in afternoon, and then catch a boat across Konigsee? We will have relatively long days (late May), and we could rent a car if that is easier to connect the 3 points (we'll be doing this as a daytrip from Salzburg).
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 2 Maximizing Norway time
- 3 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 4 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 5 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 6 Studying art in English in venice
- 7 Berlin to ?
- 8 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 9 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 10 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 11 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 12 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 13 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 14 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 15 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 16 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 17 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 18 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 19 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 20 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 21 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 22 Trogir or Split
- 23 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 24 Scotland
- 25 Hotels in Turin
berchtesgaden: eagle's nest, konigsee, and salt mines in one day?
Hello all -