Hello all -
I'm working on more detailed planning of our trip now, especially the week in Salzburg. I've gathered from your posts here over the years that the salt mine in Berchtesgaden is arguably the best in the area (Hallein being #2, Hallstatt #3). We were already planning to go to Eagle's Nest (for the view only, not planning to spend time in the doc center) and hope to do the boat ride across Konigsee on the same day; would it be feasible to do the salt mines on the same day as well? I know Eagle's Nest and the salt mine have timed entry, so do you think we could do Eagle's Nest in the morning, salt mine in afternoon, and then catch a boat across Konigsee? We will have relatively long days (late May), and we could rent a car if that is easier to connect the 3 points (we'll be doing this as a daytrip from Salzburg).
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 2 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 3 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 4 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 5 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 7 Zurich to Milan trip
- 8 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 9 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 10 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 11 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 12 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 13 Spanish Medical Providers
- 14 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 15 San Sebastián
- 16 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 17 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 18 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 19 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 20 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 21 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 22 Planning A trip
- 23 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 24 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 25 Ireland with 2 young kids
berchtesgaden: eagle's nest, konigsee, and salt mines in one day?
Hello all -