Hello all -
I'm working on more detailed planning of our trip now, especially the week in Salzburg. I've gathered from your posts here over the years that the salt mine in Berchtesgaden is arguably the best in the area (Hallein being #2, Hallstatt #3). We were already planning to go to Eagle's Nest (for the view only, not planning to spend time in the doc center) and hope to do the boat ride across Konigsee on the same day; would it be feasible to do the salt mines on the same day as well? I know Eagle's Nest and the salt mine have timed entry, so do you think we could do Eagle's Nest in the morning, salt mine in afternoon, and then catch a boat across Konigsee? We will have relatively long days (late May), and we could rent a car if that is easier to connect the 3 points (we'll be doing this as a daytrip from Salzburg).
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 2 Family vacation to europe
- 3 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 4 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 5 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip
- 6 16 Day Europe Itenerary
- 7 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 8 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 9 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 10 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 11 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 12 Seeking advice from Tuscany experts
- 13 Berlin, Nice and London
- 14 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 15 Venice
- 16 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 17 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 18 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 19 charming cities in Spain
- 20 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 21 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 22 Day in Madrid
- 23 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 24 Le Marche Research Help
- 25 Sketchy Neighborhoods Naples?
berchtesgaden: eagle's nest, konigsee, and salt mines in one day?
Hello all -