I am going to be traveling to Luxembourg in June for business and plan to take some extra time with my wife when my business is concluded. I, of course, plan to look at some guide books and do some research online, including on this forum, but would appreciate some initial thoughts regarding my questions below and for a simple itinerary and advice about necessary time.
I expect to have three days in Luxembourg when I will be working during the day and can probably take up to another 7-8 days for travel thereafter (flying home on the 8th or 9th day). I have been to some of the surrounding area once very briefly quite some time ago and my wife has never been, so you can assume this is a first time visit.
As I will be flying into Luxembourg and will have to make my airline reservations rather quickly, my first question is does it make sense to make a loop or (as I have been considering) make my return flight out of Amsterdam (or someplace else)?
Secondly, would I be better served renting a car or traveling by train and public transportation?
And lastly, what are some of the must see highlights? My wife and I don't drink (so we won't be taking advantage of Belgium's reputation for beer), but we love chocolate . We enjoying general sightseeing, small villages and towns, beautiful scenery, interesting places and people, old homes/castles and art/museums (although we don't like this to be the main part of our travel experience to the exclusion of the other things). I also have an interest in music and particularly jazz (but classical and other genres as well), so I tend to seek out things related to this (both live music and places of interest) when I vacation.
Anyway, this may not be too much to go on, but hopefully it's enough to get the discussion started.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts/insight.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 메가카지노／《ＡＫＣ888•ＣＯＭ 》／메가스포츠카지노
- 2 6 nights in Portugal? Suggestions?
- 3 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 4 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 5 Referendum in Greece
- 6 cable cars at Wank Mountain
- 7 Switzeraland Iternary
- 8 10 days in spain
- 9 Need help for itinerary with 4 yr old
- 10 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 11 Texans Take a Tour
- 12 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 13 Place to stay--Ring of Kerry and Aran Islands
- 14 Train Travel in Germany
- 15 barcelona
- 16 One night in Amsterdam?
- 17 Lunch near Sants station Barcelona
- 18 Barcelona Itinerary
- 19 Rome Walking Guide
- 20 Two-week itinerary, Barcelona + Madrid + Andalucia
- 21 Traveling around Castile-Leon
- 22 Naples?
- 23 Interlaken vs. Lucern vs. Zurich
- 24 Europe Tour. Information of any kind.
- 25 Trying to figure out the Copenhagen metro