we are spending a week in the Lake Como area in September next year. Am planning to do a bit of looking around, do the Bernina Express from Tirano, day trip into Milan etc.
Vrenna is perhaps a bit easier as it is on the train line, but is it worth the extra effort to stay in Bellagio?
We are planning on getting an apartment, and their seems to be a fair bit more choice in Bellagio.
Also - do we need to hire a car? or is the public transport pretty good?
Bellagio or Varenna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Valencia, Granada, Seville or Malaga ????
- 2 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 3 Help Us Plan Our Trip- Almafi Coast and Sicily
- 4 Spain driving trip
- 5 Renting an apt.
- 6 Switzerland and Italy, tickets bought, need itinerary help
- 7 England, Scotland and Ireland Self-guided Tours
- 8 Germany for 3 weeks
- 9 Zurich and other cities to visit?
- 10 Great restaurants in Italy
- 11 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 12 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 13 Bayeux to Mt. St Micheal - Any interesting stops along the way?
- 14 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 15 Transportation in Italy - rent a car or stick to trains?
- 16 Summer vacation in Greece for 2 weeks, need help w itinerary !!
- 17 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 18 Amsterday > Bruges
- 19 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 20 Venice, airport hotel ?
- 21 Help me with this trip
- 22 anticipating Italian autostrada traffic in July to catch ferry
- 23 February end Europe travel with Kids
- 24 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 25 Large rental villa in Provence for family reunion