we are spending a week in the Lake Como area in September next year. Am planning to do a bit of looking around, do the Bernina Express from Tirano, day trip into Milan etc.
Vrenna is perhaps a bit easier as it is on the train line, but is it worth the extra effort to stay in Bellagio?
We are planning on getting an apartment, and their seems to be a fair bit more choice in Bellagio.
Also - do we need to hire a car? or is the public transport pretty good?
Bellagio or Varenna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 2 Budget for 3 Month's
- 3 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 4 Questions for my German friends
- 5 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 6 London visit
- 7 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 8 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 9 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 10 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 11 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 12 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 13 Small group for Colosseum
- 14 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 15 Madrid and London
- 16 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 17 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 18 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 19 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 20 21 Days in Central Europe
- 21 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 22 Lofoten ferry
- 23 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 24 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 25 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?