we are spending a week in the Lake Como area in September next year. Am planning to do a bit of looking around, do the Bernina Express from Tirano, day trip into Milan etc.
Vrenna is perhaps a bit easier as it is on the train line, but is it worth the extra effort to stay in Bellagio?
We are planning on getting an apartment, and their seems to be a fair bit more choice in Bellagio.
Also - do we need to hire a car? or is the public transport pretty good?
Bellagio or Varenna
- 1 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 2 Chambermaid tipping
- 3 Greek islands from Turkey
- 4 First time traveler to Ireland
- 5 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 6 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 7 Euro Train
- 8 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 9 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 10 Dresden Train Station
- 11 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 12 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 13 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 14 Novels set in Greece
- 15 London for Christmas
- 16 Istanbul and Cappadocia in 10 days - trip report
- 17 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 18 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 19 Waltz performances in Stadtpark Vienna
- 20 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 21 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 22 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 23 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 24 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 25 Italian Lakes gardens