(I posted this earlier without specifically tagging to Belgium/Netherlands. To those who have already responded, my thanks to you.) My husband and I are in our late 50's. We have been to Germany, Paris, Taiwan, Japan, Rome and are just starting to plan a trip for this summer. We thought we were going to Venice on a business trip but that fell through so are now thinking of other places. My husband loves history! I enjoy castles, ruins. Shopping is not important but we like good food and hubby likes good beer. We like to mingle with the locals and usually rent a car to get out into the countryside. When we went to Germany we stayed in small hotels and B&B's. Would like to hear some advice on the above locations and if staying in one central spot and doing day trips is good - or if staying in several different spots would be better. It seems to me that major cities in this area are not that far apart.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 2 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 3 Advice for first family trip to Europe
- 4 A full week in The Netherlands
- 5 Struggling with Ireland itinerary - help finding off the beaten path gems!
- 6 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 7 What do you wish you'd known about Iceland before you went?
- 8 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 9 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 10 What NOT TO WEAR in PARIS & ROME?! Women's Fashion Help!
- 11 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 12 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 13 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 14 Need to get from ship to Venice airport
- 15 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 16 10 days in England
- 17 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 18 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 19 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 20 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 21 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 22 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 23 Suggested itinerary for Istanbul??
- 24 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 25 Drawing courses in Paris