(I posted this earlier without specifically tagging to Belgium/Netherlands. To those who have already responded, my thanks to you.) My husband and I are in our late 50's. We have been to Germany, Paris, Taiwan, Japan, Rome and are just starting to plan a trip for this summer. We thought we were going to Venice on a business trip but that fell through so are now thinking of other places. My husband loves history! I enjoy castles, ruins. Shopping is not important but we like good food and hubby likes good beer. We like to mingle with the locals and usually rent a car to get out into the countryside. When we went to Germany we stayed in small hotels and B&B's. Would like to hear some advice on the above locations and if staying in one central spot and doing day trips is good - or if staying in several different spots would be better. It seems to me that major cities in this area are not that far apart.
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 2 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 3 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 4 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 5 Help: Lake District & Yorkshire Dales
- 6 Overnight stopover in London!
- 7 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 8 To Paris and Provence in June
- 9 London for Christmas
- 10 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 11 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 12 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 13 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 14 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 15 Dawdling Through the Dordogne
- 16 Walking around Barcelona??
- 17 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 18 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 19 Novels set in Greece
- 20 Spain and Portugal
- 21 Three for the road
- 22 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 23 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 24 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 25 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested