(I posted this earlier without specifically tagging to Belgium/Netherlands. To those who have already responded, my thanks to you.) My husband and I are in our late 50's. We have been to Germany, Paris, Taiwan, Japan, Rome and are just starting to plan a trip for this summer. We thought we were going to Venice on a business trip but that fell through so are now thinking of other places. My husband loves history! I enjoy castles, ruins. Shopping is not important but we like good food and hubby likes good beer. We like to mingle with the locals and usually rent a car to get out into the countryside. When we went to Germany we stayed in small hotels and B&B's. Would like to hear some advice on the above locations and if staying in one central spot and doing day trips is good - or if staying in several different spots would be better. It seems to me that major cities in this area are not that far apart.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 2 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 3 Toulouse and beyond -
- 4 A drive in Europe
- 5 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 6 SICILY - PALERMO or TRAPANI as a base?
- 7 Location of hotel in Rome
- 8 Sicily Suggetions
- 9 London hotel
- 10 Paris in April?
- 11 MARSEILLES - Day trip - CASSIS or AVIGNON ?
- 12 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 13 GIRONA Spain - 1 day
- 14 Reims for a day
- 15 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 16 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 17 car rental companies Italy
- 18 Quick notes from 2 weeks in Turkey
- 19 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 20 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 21 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 22 What are the best places to see in England
- 23 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 24 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 25 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help