We are a middle age couple celebrating our 30th anniversary with a trip to Europe this September. We will be on the ground 12 days starting 9/10/11 landing in Brussels at 8:15 am Saturday morning and leaving from Frankfurt on an 11am flight Friday morning. After seeing Belgium and the Netherlands, we would like to see castles, the Rhine or Mosel areas including a river tour, small towns and mountains in Germany and maybe a quick stop in Luxembourg. If we take an overnight train from Amsterdam to Munich, would we have time to tour Neuschwanstein castle near Fussen, the BMW museum, and then return towards Frankfurt going through the Black Forest, and one of the river areas? Please suggest an itineary for this trip. We are open to train and car travel. Which museums, castles and cathedrals in these areas are spectacular? Thank you for your advice.
Belgium-Netherlands-Germany 12 days in Sept
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 2 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 3 HELP FLORENCE TO ROME BY CAR WHAT TO DO
- 4 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 5 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 6 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 7 Where to stay in Rome
- 8 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 9 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 10 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 11 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 12 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 13 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 14 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 15 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 16 Sicily Suggetions
- 17 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 18 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 19 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 20 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 21 Heathrow Airport Hotel
- 22 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 23 7 days in Greece
- 24 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 25 London hotel