We are a middle age couple celebrating our 30th anniversary with a trip to Europe this September. We will be on the ground 12 days starting 9/10/11 landing in Brussels at 8:15 am Saturday morning and leaving from Frankfurt on an 11am flight Friday morning. After seeing Belgium and the Netherlands, we would like to see castles, the Rhine or Mosel areas including a river tour, small towns and mountains in Germany and maybe a quick stop in Luxembourg. If we take an overnight train from Amsterdam to Munich, would we have time to tour Neuschwanstein castle near Fussen, the BMW museum, and then return towards Frankfurt going through the Black Forest, and one of the river areas? Please suggest an itineary for this trip. We are open to train and car travel. Which museums, castles and cathedrals in these areas are spectacular? Thank you for your advice.
Belgium-Netherlands-Germany 12 days in Sept
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fashion for larger man?
- 2 Barclays ATMs in England - fee question
- 3 Day trip from Tallin to Hellsinki
- 4 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 5 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 6 We Need a Pact
- 7 Where to go from Brussels?
- 8 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 9 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 10 What to wear
- 11 Prague flea markets
- 12 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 13 London neighborhood suggestions
- 14 I need a haircut
- 15 Tipping in Greece
- 16 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 17 Restaurants in Rome near Campo de Fiori or Piazza Navana
- 18 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 19 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 20 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 21 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 22 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 23 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 24 Bayern seasonal pass
- 25 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets