We are a middle age couple celebrating our 30th anniversary with a trip to Europe this September. We will be on the ground 12 days starting 9/10/11 landing in Brussels at 8:15 am Saturday morning and leaving from Frankfurt on an 11am flight Friday morning. After seeing Belgium and the Netherlands, we would like to see castles, the Rhine or Mosel areas including a river tour, small towns and mountains in Germany and maybe a quick stop in Luxembourg. If we take an overnight train from Amsterdam to Munich, would we have time to tour Neuschwanstein castle near Fussen, the BMW museum, and then return towards Frankfurt going through the Black Forest, and one of the river areas? Please suggest an itineary for this trip. We are open to train and car travel. Which museums, castles and cathedrals in these areas are spectacular? Thank you for your advice.
Belgium-Netherlands-Germany 12 days in Sept
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dresden or Leipzig
- 2 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 3 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 4 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 5 Air pollution in Paris
- 6 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 7 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 8 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 9 Trains in Italy
- 10 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 11 20 days in Germany
- 12 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 13 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 14 France, Italy and Greec
- 15 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 16 Rome---August and September
- 17 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 18 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 19 Help With Vienna
- 20 Good Hotels around Gare Montparnasse
- 21 Using Euros and Visa Travel Money Debit Card in the Baltics and Russia
- 22 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 23 South of France November Trip Report
- 24 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 25 Olive oil disaster in 2014