We are a middle age couple celebrating our 30th anniversary with a trip to Europe this September. We will be on the ground 12 days starting 9/10/11 landing in Brussels at 8:15 am Saturday morning and leaving from Frankfurt on an 11am flight Friday morning. After seeing Belgium and the Netherlands, we would like to see castles, the Rhine or Mosel areas including a river tour, small towns and mountains in Germany and maybe a quick stop in Luxembourg. If we take an overnight train from Amsterdam to Munich, would we have time to tour Neuschwanstein castle near Fussen, the BMW museum, and then return towards Frankfurt going through the Black Forest, and one of the river areas? Please suggest an itineary for this trip. We are open to train and car travel. Which museums, castles and cathedrals in these areas are spectacular? Thank you for your advice.
Belgium-Netherlands-Germany 12 days in Sept
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 2 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 3 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 4 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 5 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 6 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 7 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 8 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland
- 9 Italy dolomites
- 10 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 11 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 12 Scuol, Switzerland
- 13 Airport ATMs
- 14 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 15 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 16 5 Observations About Paris
- 17 Euro Trivia quiz #15 - Famous Folks and Places
- 18 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 19 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 20 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 21 Switzerland help...?
- 22 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 23 Italy 2015: making the internal plans
- 24 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 25 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions