My boyfriend and I are in our mid twenties and are planning a trip to Belgium and / or Luxembourg at the end of August. We are spending the first three days of our trip in Copenhagen and will be flying to the Benelux region. We will have three nights and four full days to spend in the area. Our flight back to the United States leaves out of Dusseldorf so we will need to make our way there, but plan to spend only one night somewhere near the airport.
We are having trouble prioritizing cities and places to spend our four days. We have laid out our preliminary itinerary below and would appreciate any suggestions. We are planning to rent a car between Luxembourg City and Bruges. We are interested in exploring cities (not much of museum people), doing some outdoor activities, and would like to fit in some of the beer culture as well. It's important to us to experience some smaller towns as well, rather than hopping from big city to big city (sight to sight).
Day 1 - Early morning flight CPH to LUX; remainder of day in Luxembourg City
Day 2 - Either a castle (such as Chateau de Vianden) or the caves at either Hotton or Rochefort in the morning; slow drive to Bruges with stops along the way
Day 3 - Bruges
Day 4 - Morning in Bruges; afternoon train to Brussels with an evening train to Dusseldorf
Are we missing anything crucial? There's much more we would like to see but given our limited number of days, we don't want to squeeze too much in. We're thinking about forgoing time in Brussels in favor of more time in Bruges. Is this worthwhile? Should we be considering Ghent rather than Bruges?
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Spain in July
- 3 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 4 Transportation from Brno train station
- 5 Petrol in Greece
- 6 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 7 Where to enjoy Paris
- 8 Acorn TV
- 9 Paris day trips August
- 10 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 11 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 12 Athens
- 13 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 14 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 15 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 16 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 17 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 18 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 19 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 20 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 21 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 22 We're here!
- 23 10 days in Paris and......
- 24 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 25 Moving to Italy