Planning a trip to Amsterdam and Belgium in August. Was thinking of renting a car and taking day trips from Brussels. We are experienced drivers who drive regularly in Manhattan and have done fine in Italy, etc. Should we be worried? Read a bunch of threads about multiple accidents, horrible traffic, lack of signs, etc. Again, all is relative. We are from NYC area so familiar with the concept of traffic but certainly don't want to spend our vacation in one. There are 4 of us so taking trains everywhere will add up as well. Any advice or thoughts please?
Belgium and driving around
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 2 cruises and itineraries in the Mediterranean
- 3 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 4 Summer weather in Bordeaux, SW France?
- 5 Baby Stroller/Pram travel in Italy and Switzerland
- 6 Naples Italy as base for coast?
- 7 We are off to France again!!
- 8 Car insurance in Europe...
- 9 Is Cognac worth an overnight between Sarlat and La Rochelle?
- 10 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 11 Free public transportation on 14-15-16 March in Paris & Wallonia
- 12 Athens & 1 island.. 7 days.. what to chose?
- 13 Chiusi or Pitigliano area - Help in choosing for Etruscan aspects
- 14 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 15 Signal strength of T-Mobile phones in UK, Denmark, & Sweden
- 16 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 17 Pays Basque, attention SPAIN afficianados:
- 18 ROME
- 19 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 20 Best small medieval towns & villages in/near Val d'Orcia
- 21 Short Cruises on the Mediterranean
- 22 bath or york
- 23 Antwerp or Bruges?
- 24 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 25 Best Time to Buy Eurostar Tickets