Planning a trip to Amsterdam and Belgium in August. Was thinking of renting a car and taking day trips from Brussels. We are experienced drivers who drive regularly in Manhattan and have done fine in Italy, etc. Should we be worried? Read a bunch of threads about multiple accidents, horrible traffic, lack of signs, etc. Again, all is relative. We are from NYC area so familiar with the concept of traffic but certainly don't want to spend our vacation in one. There are 4 of us so taking trains everywhere will add up as well. Any advice or thoughts please?
Belgium and driving around
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 2 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 3 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 4 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 5 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 6 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 7 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 8 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 9 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 10 100 years of French gratitude
- 11 Madrid: City Views
- 12 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 13 Day Trips from Nice
- 14 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 15 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 16 London restaurants
- 17 Bilbo's wedding in Puglia, what could go wrong?
- 18 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 19 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 20 Istanbul water
- 21 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 22 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 23 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 24 Marche Bastille - Oct Hours and Meet up Location?
- 25 Norway 2014