Planning a trip to Amsterdam and Belgium in August. Was thinking of renting a car and taking day trips from Brussels. We are experienced drivers who drive regularly in Manhattan and have done fine in Italy, etc. Should we be worried? Read a bunch of threads about multiple accidents, horrible traffic, lack of signs, etc. Again, all is relative. We are from NYC area so familiar with the concept of traffic but certainly don't want to spend our vacation in one. There are 4 of us so taking trains everywhere will add up as well. Any advice or thoughts please?
Belgium and driving around
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 2 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 3 To Paris and Provence in June
- 4 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 5 Travel by train or bus
- 6 Planning a holiday
- 7 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 8 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 9 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 10 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 11 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 12 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 13 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 14 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 15 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 16 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 17 Family European winter holiday
- 18 Christmas Markets / Christmas experience.
- 19 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 20 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 21 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 22 Sicily 10 days
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 25 Advises for trip to Russia