Planning a trip to Amsterdam and Belgium in August. Was thinking of renting a car and taking day trips from Brussels. We are experienced drivers who drive regularly in Manhattan and have done fine in Italy, etc. Should we be worried? Read a bunch of threads about multiple accidents, horrible traffic, lack of signs, etc. Again, all is relative. We are from NYC area so familiar with the concept of traffic but certainly don't want to spend our vacation in one. There are 4 of us so taking trains everywhere will add up as well. Any advice or thoughts please?
Belgium and driving around
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Family European winter holiday
- 2 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 3 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 4 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 5 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 6 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 7 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 8 Car in Prague
- 9 2 Week European Itinerary
- 10 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 11 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 12 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 13 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 14 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 15 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 16 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 17 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 18 Rome Accommodation
- 19 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 20 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 21 Italian Lakes gardens
- 22 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 23 Dresden Train Station
- 24 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 25 Scandinavia Itinerary