Planning a trip to Amsterdam and Belgium in August. Was thinking of renting a car and taking day trips from Brussels. We are experienced drivers who drive regularly in Manhattan and have done fine in Italy, etc. Should we be worried? Read a bunch of threads about multiple accidents, horrible traffic, lack of signs, etc. Again, all is relative. We are from NYC area so familiar with the concept of traffic but certainly don't want to spend our vacation in one. There are 4 of us so taking trains everywhere will add up as well. Any advice or thoughts please?
Belgium and driving around
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 2 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 3 Italy and Croatia
- 4 Garmisch Partenkirchen : Help pick a guest house/pension
- 5 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 6 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 7 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 8 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 9 Spain, best travel route between Madrid & Barcelona?
- 10 Provence or Alsace in late March
- 11 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 12 Checking or storing luggage at FCO
- 13 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 14 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 15 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 16 Weekend in Norfolk
- 17 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 18 Best beach town in Italy?
- 19 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 20 A Greek sojourn
- 21 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 22 Bollywood in Berlin -- with English subs
- 23 Rome Underground Sites to Visit - Any Suggestions?
- 24 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 25 Is Venice really dirty?