Planning a trip to Amsterdam and Belgium in August. Was thinking of renting a car and taking day trips from Brussels. We are experienced drivers who drive regularly in Manhattan and have done fine in Italy, etc. Should we be worried? Read a bunch of threads about multiple accidents, horrible traffic, lack of signs, etc. Again, all is relative. We are from NYC area so familiar with the concept of traffic but certainly don't want to spend our vacation in one. There are 4 of us so taking trains everywhere will add up as well. Any advice or thoughts please?
Belgium and driving around
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 2 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 3 From Denver to Virtuous
- 4 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 5 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 6 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 7 Off the beaten path in Italy
- 8 Cotswolds first time
- 9 Have 4 Ticket to Eiffel Tower Summit for sale 31.08, early afternoon
- 10 need advise on first time travel to Europe
- 11 Help! Need alternative to PORTOVENERE in late-September!
- 12 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 13 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 14 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 15 Day trips from Bologna
- 16 The east coast of Italy
- 17 Schengen rule made easy
- 18 Vacation in Spain ,Madrid-Sevilla-Cadiz-!Cordova-Lisboa
- 19 What are Your Favorite Kid-Friendly Hotels in Paris?
- 20 Where to rent a house for 1 or 2 months during summer in Europe
- 21 Grad Schools in London?
- 22 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 23 Florence Opera
- 24 30 male travelling alone for first time to central london.
- 25 Latest Itinerary