Planning a trip to Amsterdam and Belgium in August. Was thinking of renting a car and taking day trips from Brussels. We are experienced drivers who drive regularly in Manhattan and have done fine in Italy, etc. Should we be worried? Read a bunch of threads about multiple accidents, horrible traffic, lack of signs, etc. Again, all is relative. We are from NYC area so familiar with the concept of traffic but certainly don't want to spend our vacation in one. There are 4 of us so taking trains everywhere will add up as well. Any advice or thoughts please?
Belgium and driving around
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 2 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 3 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 4 connecting flight to marseille or not
- 5 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 6 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 7 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 8 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 9 France, Italy and Greec
- 10 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 11 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 12 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 13 Air pollution in Paris
- 14 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 15 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 16 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 17 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 18 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 19 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 20 Naxos in May
- 21 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 22 Belfast to Scotland help
- 23 20 days in Germany
- 24 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 25 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City