Planning a trip to Amsterdam and Belgium in August. Was thinking of renting a car and taking day trips from Brussels. We are experienced drivers who drive regularly in Manhattan and have done fine in Italy, etc. Should we be worried? Read a bunch of threads about multiple accidents, horrible traffic, lack of signs, etc. Again, all is relative. We are from NYC area so familiar with the concept of traffic but certainly don't want to spend our vacation in one. There are 4 of us so taking trains everywhere will add up as well. Any advice or thoughts please?
Belgium and driving around
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 2 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 3 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 4 Which hotel in Lisbon?
- 5 A weekend in Europe--where to go?
- 6 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 7 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 8 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 9 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 10 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 11 Croatia itinerary
- 12 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 13 Trip report/blog - 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium, and South Africa
- 14 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 15 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 16 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 17 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 18 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 19 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 20 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 21 Visit to Bath and London england
- 22 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 23 10 days in England
- 24 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 25 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary