Planning a trip to Amsterdam and Belgium in August. Was thinking of renting a car and taking day trips from Brussels. We are experienced drivers who drive regularly in Manhattan and have done fine in Italy, etc. Should we be worried? Read a bunch of threads about multiple accidents, horrible traffic, lack of signs, etc. Again, all is relative. We are from NYC area so familiar with the concept of traffic but certainly don't want to spend our vacation in one. There are 4 of us so taking trains everywhere will add up as well. Any advice or thoughts please?
Belgium and driving around
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cotswolds village base
- 2 Hotel in Rome?
- 3 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 4 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 5 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 6 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 7 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 8 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 9 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 10 Passport Delays
- 11 Wine tour from Verona?
- 12 May Trip to Germany and Switzerland - Munich and Lauterbrunnen - Hiking Included
- 13 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 14 Netherlands Delta Works
- 15 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 16 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 17 Please help with itinerary for 18 days in Italy.
- 18 A full week in The Netherlands
- 19 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)
- 20 Southern Italy without a Car
- 21 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 22 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 23 40 Major Tourist Scams
- 24 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 25 Prices in Dubrovnik