While I may be asking for advice on other parts of our trip, I will start with Belgium. We (2 boys, 6 and 8, and I) are flying into and out of Brussels and then onto Germany and Austria for a month.
We arrive late afternoon in Brussels, so will spend our first night there. I'd like to spend a few days in Belgium....either all up front or at the end or split up into two short "weekends".
I've done early research and see that Belgium with kids could be done in a few days. While I'd like to see the beach, we do have amazing beaches here in SD. And people seem to be completely split between Ghent or Bruges and also whether Antwerp is worth the visit.
I'd appreciate your two cents on what to see. Any must-see museums that are kid friendly? Any budget family friendly hotels or bed and breakfasts? We will be renting a car in Brussels once we leave, so we will have access to a car. I will begin looking at airbnb for places to stay as well.
These boys LOVE living history, like outdoor museums, natural museums, etc, but I will no doubt avoid an art museum with the 6 year old.
Any must do things in Belgium even if they are touristy or cheesy? Little ones eat that up!
I know there is lots of info out there, but was hoping to hear from someone who has been recently or had experience there entertaining kids.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinbrugh
- 2 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 3 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 4 Help on ancient history route
- 5 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 6 Forte dei Marmi - must see/do list
- 7 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 8 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 9 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 10 3 days solo in London
- 11 Chania
- 12 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 13 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 14 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 15 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 16 Studying art in English in venice
- 17 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 18 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 19 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 20 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 21 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 22 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 23 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 24 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 25 French language immersion schools in France