While I may be asking for advice on other parts of our trip, I will start with Belgium. We (2 boys, 6 and 8, and I) are flying into and out of Brussels and then onto Germany and Austria for a month.
We arrive late afternoon in Brussels, so will spend our first night there. I'd like to spend a few days in Belgium....either all up front or at the end or split up into two short "weekends".
I've done early research and see that Belgium with kids could be done in a few days. While I'd like to see the beach, we do have amazing beaches here in SD. And people seem to be completely split between Ghent or Bruges and also whether Antwerp is worth the visit.
I'd appreciate your two cents on what to see. Any must-see museums that are kid friendly? Any budget family friendly hotels or bed and breakfasts? We will be renting a car in Brussels once we leave, so we will have access to a car. I will begin looking at airbnb for places to stay as well.
These boys LOVE living history, like outdoor museums, natural museums, etc, but I will no doubt avoid an art museum with the 6 year old.
Any must do things in Belgium even if they are touristy or cheesy? Little ones eat that up!
I know there is lots of info out there, but was hoping to hear from someone who has been recently or had experience there entertaining kids.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 2 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 3 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 4 Madrid/Lisbon
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 7 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 8 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 9 Greek fuel cost
- 10 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 11 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 12 Beach + City + Hiking + Art + Views + Food =
- 13 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 14 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 15 Day trips from Florence
- 16 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 17 May get together in Paris
- 18 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 19 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 20 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 21 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 22 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 23 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 24 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 25 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation