While I may be asking for advice on other parts of our trip, I will start with Belgium. We (2 boys, 6 and 8, and I) are flying into and out of Brussels and then onto Germany and Austria for a month.
We arrive late afternoon in Brussels, so will spend our first night there. I'd like to spend a few days in Belgium....either all up front or at the end or split up into two short "weekends".
I've done early research and see that Belgium with kids could be done in a few days. While I'd like to see the beach, we do have amazing beaches here in SD. And people seem to be completely split between Ghent or Bruges and also whether Antwerp is worth the visit.
I'd appreciate your two cents on what to see. Any must-see museums that are kid friendly? Any budget family friendly hotels or bed and breakfasts? We will be renting a car in Brussels once we leave, so we will have access to a car. I will begin looking at airbnb for places to stay as well.
These boys LOVE living history, like outdoor museums, natural museums, etc, but I will no doubt avoid an art museum with the 6 year old.
Any must do things in Belgium even if they are touristy or cheesy? Little ones eat that up!
I know there is lots of info out there, but was hoping to hear from someone who has been recently or had experience there entertaining kids.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NETGEAR ROUTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT NETGEAR Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Driving through Paris
- 3 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 4 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 5 Bruges
- 6 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 7 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 10 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 11 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 12 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 13 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 14 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 15 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 16 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 17 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 18 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 19 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 20 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 21 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 22 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 23 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 24 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 25 Birthday dinner in Salzburg