While I may be asking for advice on other parts of our trip, I will start with Belgium. We (2 boys, 6 and 8, and I) are flying into and out of Brussels and then onto Germany and Austria for a month.
We arrive late afternoon in Brussels, so will spend our first night there. I'd like to spend a few days in Belgium....either all up front or at the end or split up into two short "weekends".
I've done early research and see that Belgium with kids could be done in a few days. While I'd like to see the beach, we do have amazing beaches here in SD. And people seem to be completely split between Ghent or Bruges and also whether Antwerp is worth the visit.
I'd appreciate your two cents on what to see. Any must-see museums that are kid friendly? Any budget family friendly hotels or bed and breakfasts? We will be renting a car in Brussels once we leave, so we will have access to a car. I will begin looking at airbnb for places to stay as well.
These boys LOVE living history, like outdoor museums, natural museums, etc, but I will no doubt avoid an art museum with the 6 year old.
Any must do things in Belgium even if they are touristy or cheesy? Little ones eat that up!
I know there is lots of info out there, but was hoping to hear from someone who has been recently or had experience there entertaining kids.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 피망맞고 k y a 7 7 . c o m
- 2 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 3 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 4 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 5 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 6 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 7 Tracking the Weather
- 8 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 9 Where to eat in Rome?
- 10 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 11 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 12 Italy travel plan help
- 13 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 14 Thinking about the Fjords
- 15 Italy round 4 - Pisa/CT/Parma/Bologna/Milan
- 16 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 17 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 18 Alsace to Austria?
- 19 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 20 Budapest language lessons
- 21 Tours in Wales
- 22 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 23 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 24 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 25 barcelona neighborhood