Just read about the planned train strikes and am quite concerned as I have never encountered this before and am trying to mitigate this before we leave for Amsterdam on Friday the 17th.
We are currently booked on Thalys-Brussels to Bruges on the 23rd to the 25th and then on to Paris on the 25th.
Given these dates- any advice would be greatly appreciated. I would (sadly) rather rearrange to go directly from Amsterdam to Paris (perhaps with an extra day in each place) if it means that we will be unable to get to Bruges with certainty.
Specific questions include- would direct travel from Amsterdam (no stops on Thalys) be impacted as well by this strike? '
As I said- would greatly appreciate your input- we have been planning this trip for quite a while, as have most on this board.
Thanks so very much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 6-7 Days in France
- 2 International Flight Question
- 3 5 Days in Switzerland
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 6 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 7 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 8 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 9 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 10 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 11 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 12 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 13 Bremerhaven and environs
- 14 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 15 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 16 Spain in July
- 17 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 18 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 19 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 20 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 21 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 22 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 23 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 24 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 25 We're here!