Just read about the planned train strikes and am quite concerned as I have never encountered this before and am trying to mitigate this before we leave for Amsterdam on Friday the 17th.
We are currently booked on Thalys-Brussels to Bruges on the 23rd to the 25th and then on to Paris on the 25th.
Given these dates- any advice would be greatly appreciated. I would (sadly) rather rearrange to go directly from Amsterdam to Paris (perhaps with an extra day in each place) if it means that we will be unable to get to Bruges with certainty.
Specific questions include- would direct travel from Amsterdam (no stops on Thalys) be impacted as well by this strike? '
As I said- would greatly appreciate your input- we have been planning this trip for quite a while, as have most on this board.
Thanks so very much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 2 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 3 No Periods in British Written English!
- 4 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 5 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 6 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 7 Greek fuel cost
- 8 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 9 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 10 Beach + City + Hiking + Art + Views + Food =
- 11 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 12 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 13 Day trips from Florence
- 14 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 15 May get together in Paris
- 16 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 17 Madrid/Lisbon
- 18 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 19 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 20 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 21 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 22 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 23 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 24 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 25 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation