Just read about the planned train strikes and am quite concerned as I have never encountered this before and am trying to mitigate this before we leave for Amsterdam on Friday the 17th.
We are currently booked on Thalys-Brussels to Bruges on the 23rd to the 25th and then on to Paris on the 25th.
Given these dates- any advice would be greatly appreciated. I would (sadly) rather rearrange to go directly from Amsterdam to Paris (perhaps with an extra day in each place) if it means that we will be unable to get to Bruges with certainty.
Specific questions include- would direct travel from Amsterdam (no stops on Thalys) be impacted as well by this strike? '
As I said- would greatly appreciate your input- we have been planning this trip for quite a while, as have most on this board.
Thanks so very much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 2 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 3 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 4 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 5 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 6 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 7 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 8 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 9 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 10 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 11 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 12 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 13 House Hunting in France
- 14 English Countryside
- 15 Tour of Northern Italy
- 16 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 17 Cognac transportation?
- 18 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 19 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 20 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 21 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 22 Granada to Madrid
- 23 San Sebastian
- 24 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 25 Hotel in Vienna