Just read about the planned train strikes and am quite concerned as I have never encountered this before and am trying to mitigate this before we leave for Amsterdam on Friday the 17th.
We are currently booked on Thalys-Brussels to Bruges on the 23rd to the 25th and then on to Paris on the 25th.
Given these dates- any advice would be greatly appreciated. I would (sadly) rather rearrange to go directly from Amsterdam to Paris (perhaps with an extra day in each place) if it means that we will be unable to get to Bruges with certainty.
Specific questions include- would direct travel from Amsterdam (no stops on Thalys) be impacted as well by this strike? '
As I said- would greatly appreciate your input- we have been planning this trip for quite a while, as have most on this board.
Thanks so very much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 2 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 3 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 4 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 5 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 6 Itinerary Help Needed. 8 Days in Greece~
- 7 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 8 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 9 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 10 Can i camp anywhere in Iceland?
- 11 Car rental in Paris for travel to Bayeux
- 12 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 13 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 14 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 15 Cordoba Overnight?
- 16 Any good apps for Amsterdam?
- 17 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 18 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 19 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 20 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 21 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 22 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 23 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 24 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 25 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up