Just read about the planned train strikes and am quite concerned as I have never encountered this before and am trying to mitigate this before we leave for Amsterdam on Friday the 17th.
We are currently booked on Thalys-Brussels to Bruges on the 23rd to the 25th and then on to Paris on the 25th.
Given these dates- any advice would be greatly appreciated. I would (sadly) rather rearrange to go directly from Amsterdam to Paris (perhaps with an extra day in each place) if it means that we will be unable to get to Bruges with certainty.
Specific questions include- would direct travel from Amsterdam (no stops on Thalys) be impacted as well by this strike? '
As I said- would greatly appreciate your input- we have been planning this trip for quite a while, as have most on this board.
Thanks so very much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving through Paris
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 4 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 5 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 6 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 7 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 8 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 9 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 10 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 11 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 12 Zurich to Milan trip
- 13 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 14 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 15 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 16 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 17 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 18 San Sebastián
- 19 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 20 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 21 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 22 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 23 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 24 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 25 Planning A trip