Just read about the planned train strikes and am quite concerned as I have never encountered this before and am trying to mitigate this before we leave for Amsterdam on Friday the 17th.
We are currently booked on Thalys-Brussels to Bruges on the 23rd to the 25th and then on to Paris on the 25th.
Given these dates- any advice would be greatly appreciated. I would (sadly) rather rearrange to go directly from Amsterdam to Paris (perhaps with an extra day in each place) if it means that we will be unable to get to Bruges with certainty.
Specific questions include- would direct travel from Amsterdam (no stops on Thalys) be impacted as well by this strike? '
As I said- would greatly appreciate your input- we have been planning this trip for quite a while, as have most on this board.
Thanks so very much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First visit to London
- 2 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 3 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 4 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 5 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 6 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 7 Naples + Walking Tour
- 8 International drivers permit
- 9 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 10 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 11 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 12 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 13 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 14 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 15 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 16 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 17 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 18 TIM in FCO - update
- 19 London GTG May 19-25
- 20 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 21 Hotels in Munich and Bolzano
- 22 Classical Tour of Albania
- 23 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 24 London and Normandy
- 25 Where to pick up rental car in Venice