First time poster. I'm organizing a trip to Europe with a friend this summer. We want to do like 10 days, my friend is Dutch and has family in Amsterdam so the only certainty is we will be visiting there. Maybe something like Paris-Germany-Amsterdam.
Does anyone know any good guides for cheap travel? Is Euro rail the best travel method for continental Europe or is air travel comparable?
Of course it depends on which cities we visit, but would USD1,300 be enough for food, hostels and travel within Europe?
Any advice is greatly, greatly appreciated. Many Thanks!!
Beginner's Guide to Travelling Europe! Please Help!
- 1 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 2 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 3 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 4 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 5 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 6 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 7 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 8 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 9 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 10 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 11 Trip around Spain
- 12 Trieste as a day trip?
- 13 Euro Train
- 14 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 15 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 16 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 17 Spain - Andalucia
- 18 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 19 One more last question on Bayeux
- 20 banger rally around europe?
- 21 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 22 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 23 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 24 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 25 Revised itinerary needs approval