We'll be arriving (and also departing from) CDG Paris beginning of April. We have about 13 days (not counting travel days), and I originally thought we would spend them all in Paris, keeping busy there and also doing several day trips.
However, I was thinking we really have time to go somewhere first for maybe 4 nights, somewhere sort of close-by, maybe a couple hours away by train. (We will not be renting a car.)
How about either Loire Valley (maybe use Tours as a base?), or Burgundy (Dijon as a base?) They both sound great, and would look for mini-van type day trips to see the local sights.
Which would you suggest?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 2 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 3 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 4 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 5 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 6 Long weekend in Albania
- 7 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 8 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 9 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 10 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 11 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 12 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 13 scotland itinerary
- 14 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 17 Hotel in Florence
- 18 Travel between Civitavecchia and Rome
- 19 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 20 Missing Toronto Woman May Be in France
- 21 Malta - how to do it?
- 22 Using CPAP machine in France
- 23 Castle Stays in Wales
- 24 Uk and Ireland
- 25 Sao Miguel in November