We'll be arriving (and also departing from) CDG Paris beginning of April. We have about 13 days (not counting travel days), and I originally thought we would spend them all in Paris, keeping busy there and also doing several day trips.
However, I was thinking we really have time to go somewhere first for maybe 4 nights, somewhere sort of close-by, maybe a couple hours away by train. (We will not be renting a car.)
How about either Loire Valley (maybe use Tours as a base?), or Burgundy (Dijon as a base?) They both sound great, and would look for mini-van type day trips to see the local sights.
Which would you suggest?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 days each in London and Paris
- 2 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 3 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 4 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence
- 5 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 6 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 7 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 8 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 9 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 10 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 11 Switzerland in September
- 12 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 13 A few more questions about Brittany
- 14 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 15 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 16 Positano or Sorrento?
- 17 Paris in November
- 18 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 19 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 20 London Theater
- 21 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 22 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 23 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 24 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 25 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland