I am going to be in Burgundy, most likely Beaune for 2 nights early May while driving from the UK to the French Alps. I am looking for some advice please on how to get the best out of the time with a more self guided wine tour approach rather than a full day tour company. Our focus is for the 2 days is:
1. One domain / chateaux tour of the vineyards, production process and tasting
2. Additional 1-2 tastings in interesting locations with range of wines presented including a few grand cru treats (not in souless modern rooms though if possible) Is Marche du vins worth it?
3. A wine tasting pairing dinner in the area which avoids driving (potentially use of taxis to local villages if required, someone has already recommended Olivier Laflaive in Puligny-Montrachet)
I understand that not driving has a big impact on number 1 but also keen to understand what might be on the edge of town in walking distance.
Any tips on the 3 appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 한국바카라＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼카지노사이트주소↑온라인바카라추천
- 2 Scotland
- 3 Hotels in Turin
- 4 Berlin to ?
- 5 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 6 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 7 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Trogir or Split
- 10 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 11 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 12 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 13 Istria in two days
- 14 Barcelona and Paris trip report
- 15 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris
- 16 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 17 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 18 Scotland itinerary help
- 19 Rental Car pick up in Cortana
- 20 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 21 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 22 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 23 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 24 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 25 Info for Edinburgh visit