Greetings to all Fodorites! When you head to Ireland these days, traveling can easily take a wallop out of your wallet! As editor of Fodor's Ireland guidebook, I'm hoping some of our readers can share great econo-tips on how to stretch the Euro in Ireland. Face it, finding good value in the Emerald Isle is a tricky proposition: the dollar is still limping against the Euro ($1.59 to 1 Euro). But most Fodorites know that if you live like a local, you’ll save like a local as well, and perhaps have a richer traveling experience to boot! So have you discovered any great budget-boosters? Tried out any new Euro-stretchers? For starters, we know you can take a bus from the Dublin airport---it'll be one-quarter the cost of a cab and will get you into town twice as fast. You can opt for B&Bs, which usually come with an all-knowing landlady who’s got the inside line on bargain shopping. In restaurants, you can choose the house wine, which is no longer just "plonk" for unsophisticated palates. And there's always enjoying a penny-pinching picnic for lunch. But can you tell us other budget tips, top value recommendations, and more specific suggestions for savvy budgeteering? Fodor's would love to feature them---credited, of course!---in our new Ireland guidebook about to hit the presses. Many thanks---and here’s wishing you many beautiful encounters that don’t break the bank!
Beating the Euro in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 2 Salzburg, Innsbruck, and possibly Graz with my 90yr old Mom
- 3 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 4 italy
- 5 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 6 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 7 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 8 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 9 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 10 What still confounds you about travel?
- 11 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 12 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 13 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 14 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 15 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 16 Chip but no PIN
- 17 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 18 Madrid and London
- 19 Ryanair Cabin Luggage
- 20 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 21 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 22 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 23 Pronunciation
- 24 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 25 Golfing in Ireland