Next week, when I'm taking my usual holiday in Puglia, I'm meeting up with my sister-in-law and her family who are attending a wedding in Lecce.
They have expressed a wish to go to a beach for the day and whereas I'm very familiar with beaches in the Ostuni area, I know nothing about the beaches near Lecce. I'll be driving down for the day to meet up with her in Lecce, where they are staying, and don't really want to go to any beaches further south as we will already have travelled far enough for a day trip, which means the Otranto area is a bit too far for us. Are there any really nice beaches nearer to Lecce, on the Adriatic coast?
As an alternative, any nice hotel pools open to outside visitors might be an option.
All suggestions gratefully received!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 International drivers permit
- 2 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 3 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 4 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 5 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 6 First visit to London
- 7 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 8 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 9 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 10 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 11 Naples + Walking Tour
- 12 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 13 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 14 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 15 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 16 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 17 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 18 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 19 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 20 TIM in FCO - update
- 21 London GTG May 19-25
- 22 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 23 Hotels in Munich and Bolzano
- 24 Classical Tour of Albania
- 25 London and Normandy