Next week, when I'm taking my usual holiday in Puglia, I'm meeting up with my sister-in-law and her family who are attending a wedding in Lecce.
They have expressed a wish to go to a beach for the day and whereas I'm very familiar with beaches in the Ostuni area, I know nothing about the beaches near Lecce. I'll be driving down for the day to meet up with her in Lecce, where they are staying, and don't really want to go to any beaches further south as we will already have travelled far enough for a day trip, which means the Otranto area is a bit too far for us. Are there any really nice beaches nearer to Lecce, on the Adriatic coast?
As an alternative, any nice hotel pools open to outside visitors might be an option.
All suggestions gratefully received!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 2 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 3 Germany in December Trip Report
- 4 Planning a European Trip
- 5 Lisbon trip report
- 6 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 7 Naples, Italy
- 8 Tour of Northern Italy
- 9 So much to do, so little time!
- 10 San Sebastian
- 11 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 12 Driving in Italy?
- 13 American Tourister luggage- good or bad?
- 14 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 15 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 16 French restaurants
- 17 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 18 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 19 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 20 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 21 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 22 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 23 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 24 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 25 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome