So DH and I have narrowed our 2-3 day road trip to 2 choices: either the Cotswolds or the East Sussex area.
May I have your recommendations for B&Bs and towns to stay in/visit in these areas?
From past threads, Burford and Stanton seem to get a lot of votes to use as a base. Any other suggestions? Any B&Bs you would recommend? We're not looking for anything fancy, and good food is always a plus. We'll have a car so we'll need parking.
For Cotswolds, we plan to hit Oxford (Christ Church), Blenheim, Gloucester maybe? We like history, walks, churches. Maybe not too many castles for this trip.
For East Sussex, we plan to go to Chartwell, Canterbury, Hever and/or Bodian. We're hoping for a base near Chartwell as we think we'll be arriving late afternoon already from London, and don't relish driving around at night looking for our B&B. Again, any recommendations for B&Bs in this area?
Many thanks again!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 2 Two days in Rome
- 3 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 4 We didn't love Florence the way we thought we might
- 5 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 6 PARIS
- 7 One free day in Barcelona
- 8 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 9 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 10 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 11 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 12 Spain: train/rental car help
- 13 Berlin
- 14 Germany or Sweden
- 15 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 16 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 17 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 18 Greek Village
- 19 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 21 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 22 Sicily help
- 23 Athens Help
- 24 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 25 "Too Much Cows"