So DH and I have narrowed our 2-3 day road trip to 2 choices: either the Cotswolds or the East Sussex area.
May I have your recommendations for B&Bs and towns to stay in/visit in these areas?
From past threads, Burford and Stanton seem to get a lot of votes to use as a base. Any other suggestions? Any B&Bs you would recommend? We're not looking for anything fancy, and good food is always a plus. We'll have a car so we'll need parking.
For Cotswolds, we plan to hit Oxford (Christ Church), Blenheim, Gloucester maybe? We like history, walks, churches. Maybe not too many castles for this trip.
For East Sussex, we plan to go to Chartwell, Canterbury, Hever and/or Bodian. We're hoping for a base near Chartwell as we think we'll be arriving late afternoon already from London, and don't relish driving around at night looking for our B&B. Again, any recommendations for B&Bs in this area?
Many thanks again!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 2 Visiting Spain in January
- 3 Scenic Driving Routes
- 4 Amsterdam Festival of LIghts
- 5 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 6 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 7 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 8 Visiting Europe for 1 week: Prague or Rome?
- 9 Flights from Croatia
- 10 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 11 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 12 The Shocking Truth About Elastin In Skin !
- 13 London in a Nutshell! - Travel Report
- 14 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 15 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 16 English Countryside
- 17 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 18 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 19 Europe in late January
- 20 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 21 Cote d'Azure & Aix In need of your expertise-10 days in May
- 22 Sent a postcard recently from Italy?
- 23 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 24 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 25 Paris---baguette question???