So DH and I have narrowed our 2-3 day road trip to 2 choices: either the Cotswolds or the East Sussex area.
May I have your recommendations for B&Bs and towns to stay in/visit in these areas?
From past threads, Burford and Stanton seem to get a lot of votes to use as a base. Any other suggestions? Any B&Bs you would recommend? We're not looking for anything fancy, and good food is always a plus. We'll have a car so we'll need parking.
For Cotswolds, we plan to hit Oxford (Christ Church), Blenheim, Gloucester maybe? We like history, walks, churches. Maybe not too many castles for this trip.
For East Sussex, we plan to go to Chartwell, Canterbury, Hever and/or Bodian. We're hoping for a base near Chartwell as we think we'll be arriving late afternoon already from London, and don't relish driving around at night looking for our B&B. Again, any recommendations for B&Bs in this area?
Many thanks again!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 2 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 3 Car rental leaving Rome
- 4 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 5 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 6 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 7 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 8 Trip Report - Croatia, Sept 22 -Oct 12 (Slovenia, Bosnia..)
- 9 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 10 Normandy and England in November Trip Planning
- 11 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 12 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 13 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 14 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 15 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 16 Car Rental in Italy
- 17 Rue des Rosiers
- 18 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 19 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 20 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 21 First Trip to Europe!
- 22 Paris Under Seige...
- 23 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 24 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 25 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?