So DH and I have narrowed our 2-3 day road trip to 2 choices: either the Cotswolds or the East Sussex area.
May I have your recommendations for B&Bs and towns to stay in/visit in these areas?
From past threads, Burford and Stanton seem to get a lot of votes to use as a base. Any other suggestions? Any B&Bs you would recommend? We're not looking for anything fancy, and good food is always a plus. We'll have a car so we'll need parking.
For Cotswolds, we plan to hit Oxford (Christ Church), Blenheim, Gloucester maybe? We like history, walks, churches. Maybe not too many castles for this trip.
For East Sussex, we plan to go to Chartwell, Canterbury, Hever and/or Bodian. We're hoping for a base near Chartwell as we think we'll be arriving late afternoon already from London, and don't relish driving around at night looking for our B&B. Again, any recommendations for B&Bs in this area?
Many thanks again!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 2 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 3 Barcelona cooking classes
- 4 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 5 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 6 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 7 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 8 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 9 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 10 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 11 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 12 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 13 4 days itinerary for France
- 14 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 15 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 16 Help with Ferries in Croatia
- 17 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 18 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 19 vienna
- 20 Questions about Polish sights
- 21 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 22 Bernina Express mid-March
- 23 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 24 Italy
- 25 UK in July -- early planning stages