So DH and I have narrowed our 2-3 day road trip to 2 choices: either the Cotswolds or the East Sussex area.
May I have your recommendations for B&Bs and towns to stay in/visit in these areas?
From past threads, Burford and Stanton seem to get a lot of votes to use as a base. Any other suggestions? Any B&Bs you would recommend? We're not looking for anything fancy, and good food is always a plus. We'll have a car so we'll need parking.
For Cotswolds, we plan to hit Oxford (Christ Church), Blenheim, Gloucester maybe? We like history, walks, churches. Maybe not too many castles for this trip.
For East Sussex, we plan to go to Chartwell, Canterbury, Hever and/or Bodian. We're hoping for a base near Chartwell as we think we'll be arriving late afternoon already from London, and don't relish driving around at night looking for our B&B. Again, any recommendations for B&Bs in this area?
Many thanks again!
B&B recommendations in Cotswolds or Chartwell area
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 3 VENICE, Italy - Hotel Venezia Boscolo to ship cruise terminals
- 4 Venice, just arrived
- 5 Central London Hotels
- 6 First Trip to Europe
- 7 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 8 Skip the line at Vatican museum?
- 9 ITALY
- 10 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 11 Marmaris Hotel with ferry transfer
- 12 Globus Tours
- 13 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 14 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 15 Help for San Sebastian
- 16 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 17 3 days in Rome
- 18 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 19 2 Days in Rome
- 20 Travel Time from St. Pancras to Paddington
- 21 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 22 CNN votes Utrecht the worlds best cycling city
- 23 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 24 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 25 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September