So DH and I have narrowed our 2-3 day road trip to 2 choices: either the Cotswolds or the East Sussex area.
May I have your recommendations for B&Bs and towns to stay in/visit in these areas?
From past threads, Burford and Stanton seem to get a lot of votes to use as a base. Any other suggestions? Any B&Bs you would recommend? We're not looking for anything fancy, and good food is always a plus. We'll have a car so we'll need parking.
For Cotswolds, we plan to hit Oxford (Christ Church), Blenheim, Gloucester maybe? We like history, walks, churches. Maybe not too many castles for this trip.
For East Sussex, we plan to go to Chartwell, Canterbury, Hever and/or Bodian. We're hoping for a base near Chartwell as we think we'll be arriving late afternoon already from London, and don't relish driving around at night looking for our B&B. Again, any recommendations for B&Bs in this area?
Many thanks again!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cheese Tours in Italy
- 2 janis j and other London experts—advice for booking rooms for a group
- 3 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 4 Train tickets from Switzerland to Venice and back with Swiss Travel Pass
- 5 Cost of Van from CDG
- 6 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 7 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- 8 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 9 Restaurant Open on Monday's near Castlemuzio
- 10 Barcelona on budget
- 11 Provence to Nice driving
- 12 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 13 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 14 Northern Italian Food
- 15 German Train travel
- 16 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 17 ANDALUCIA IN AUTUMN
- 18 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 19 Santorini, Paros/Ios
- 20 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 21 now the fun stuff - need dining recs near Goult
- 22 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 23 Android App to Map walking (with only GPS & off-line maps); no internet
- 24 restaurants and stores in Haut-de-Cagnes in late October?
- 25 Where to go in March??