So DH and I have narrowed our 2-3 day road trip to 2 choices: either the Cotswolds or the East Sussex area.
May I have your recommendations for B&Bs and towns to stay in/visit in these areas?
From past threads, Burford and Stanton seem to get a lot of votes to use as a base. Any other suggestions? Any B&Bs you would recommend? We're not looking for anything fancy, and good food is always a plus. We'll have a car so we'll need parking.
For Cotswolds, we plan to hit Oxford (Christ Church), Blenheim, Gloucester maybe? We like history, walks, churches. Maybe not too many castles for this trip.
For East Sussex, we plan to go to Chartwell, Canterbury, Hever and/or Bodian. We're hoping for a base near Chartwell as we think we'll be arriving late afternoon already from London, and don't relish driving around at night looking for our B&B. Again, any recommendations for B&Bs in this area?
Many thanks again!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 2 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 3 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 4 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 5 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 6 Trip to Rome
- 7 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 8 4 or 5 nights in Rome? 4 or 5 nights on AC?
- 9 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 11 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 12 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 13 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 14 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 15 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 16 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 17 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 18 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 19 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 20 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 21 Buying Train Tickets to and from Prague
- 22 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 23 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 24 Help required with Itinerary
- 25 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162